Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
The Bliss Resort(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
6,420 results
All reviewswave poollazy riverstar friendskids clubswim up barseafoodcajun restaurantice creamspecialty restaurantsplaya del carmenjambalayael fogonother resortsfamily vacationmain buffetcoconut shrimpdinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Good: Hotel was spotless, rooms and grounds were kept immaculate. The guys at the swim up bar work very hard, please tip it helps, at breakfast Miguel was our waiter he was amazing.The chef Octavio catered to one of the young guest who had an allergy to Gluten, the chef was great he went over and above for her. THE BAD: Upon check in we found that every restaurant was booked for the entire week only to find from other guest that the restaurant were empty, I am sorry if your understaffed you fix it, its not the guest's problem., two of our party, were able to make reservation's at the Japanese hibachi, so we decided to go along and see if they would seat us if there were cancellation's. The rudest Servers ever were Abraham, who was suppose to be the manager and Miriam who seat's guest, Abraham said we had to wait 40 minutes, we agreed as we waited, we come to see that there is an entire section empty, still he would not seat us, we waited 40 minutes by the way we would have been fed and done in that time period, still empty, we sat we ate the meal was very good, after complaining that our family has not had dinner together all week miraculous a reservation was given for the next evening at the Gourmet restaurant, the waiters were wonderful and attentive, also beach BBQ night was very nice the waiters awesome. I feel the problems surrounding this resort is clearly management, they do not care nor do they help everything is NO. The workers work!! the management does not. Just a head's up there are animal's called Coati's all over the resort they are raccoon, monkey like critters, they did not bother me, but some guest were freaked out by them, they ask you not to feed them, some people do which only makes the matter worse btw they are not nocturnal, they are out all day.

Room Tip: We had standard room very nice house keeping does a great job
9  Thank froggie_8
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family and I took a vacation to Iberostar Paradiso Lindo resort in Mexico from July 16 to July 23, 2014. On the evening of July 22nd, I took a shower in my room at around 7 p.m. On the sink counter, there was the regular water bottle provided by the hotel. As I finished my shower, I decided to take a drink. Right away, I realized that the content in the bottle was not water. I had a burning sensation in my mouth and throat. I spit out and started gargling and cleaning the mouth with real water. I induced myself to throw up. My whole mouth was on fire and I had difficulty breathing. My daughter was right beside me and kept asking what was wrong. She sniffed the bottle and she exclaimed that it smelled distinctly like chlorine. I told her to get help. My daughter ran to the phone and called the operator. She explained the situation and she received and answer that we must go to the medical centre ourselves and must pay a $120 for a consultation. She saw my suffering and decided to get immediate help. She ran downstairs (we were on the third floor), but there was no concierge. She ran to get help dressed in only her bath robe. She ran until she found a security guard. She explained the situation and she told him our room number. The security guard said help would be on its way. She asked if she should stay with him or return to the room. He said to wait by the room. However, I received no help until I was able to get a grip on myself, which took about 40 min, got dressed, and went to the front desk myself. Only after I reached the front desk, the chief concierge brought me to the medical centre so I could see a doctor. At the medical office, I was examined by the doctor. He confirmed that I had a burned throat and mouth as a result of drinking a cleaning solution. Apparently, the cleaning girl diluted chlorine with water in the regular water bottle and left that bottle in my bathroom!!! The doctor gave me a shot of medicine to help with the stomach pain. The doctor suggested that I should go to the hospital. The doctor said that I must monitor the situation for the next 6 hours and if I felt worse, I would require assistance from the hospital. I am very disappointed that there was no immediate help available.

24  Thank Olga M
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.

We truly regret to hear about the bad experience you had during your vacations. These issues are thankfully really uncommon in our resort but we have already taken the corrective actions in order to prevent this from happening again. Also, even though our staff did everything in their hand to take care of the situation, we have met with the involved parties to go over our procedures and ensure our response is efficient and fast.

We sincerely hope you are feeling better now. We hope we will have the opportunity to change your point of view in the future. We are truly sorry about this and please rest assured that actions have been taken.

In case of any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warm regards,
Quality Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great service and nice staff. Buffet was really good but themed restaurants lacked in quality of food. Pillows smelled bad, drain in shower would clog and the desk chair broke when I sat on it causing me to
fall on my back. Pools and beach were great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our family of 3 enjoyed our stay at the Lindo. The staff were accommodating and friendly. We loved the location of our room. We stayed in a building close to the lobby. Since all the entertainment is at that end of the resort we quickly realize that we were in the perfect location. After spending a long day in the sun and on your feet.....we appreciated the location of our room. The resort is very big and you will walk alot. The food was great. We had no problem making reservations for the ala carts and the buffet was plentiful. The drinks were nice but we found the lobby bar to have the best variety. The lobby also offered popcorn which I enjoyed each night. Make sure you get to the mall on the property. There is a taco place in there that is awesome. The ice cream bar above the pool bar was also a great treat. I guess my only real complaint is that I wasn't fond of the jungle between the beach and pool. I like sitting on the beach and knowing whats happening at the pool. We missed out on a lot of activities because of the distance between them. Also, the beach semed extremely crowded and the water was full of seaweed. Don't get me wrong...we still enjoyed every moment of our stay and would consider going back to the Lindo. Its a great place especially if you have young ones.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PASusan
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Lindo for your recent stay in Mexico.

We are happy to hear that our service and grounds were of your liking and we appreciate your kind words.

With your most recent trip to IBEROSTAR being so pleasurable, we hope you will be staying again at our hotel and therefore we sincerely look forward to your next visit!

Sunny regards,
Quality Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here recently with my wife and children. We have stayed in other Iberostar resorts around the globe and even stayed in the nearby Cozumel last year and must say that this hotel does not tick my box. In all honesty there aren't really very many British people here, the majority tend to be Canadian, N. American or Spanish so there's not many Brit reviews on T.A.
The good points: Mostly friendly staff who speak good English, Location is away from the busy centre of Cancun, Lovely clean bedding towels and room every day. very large clean pool and even a crazy river for the kids.
Not so good points: The food is very very samey and mostly not hot enough, There isn't enough shade for sunbathers either around the pool or on the beach unless you like to get up at daft o'clock each morning to throw your towel on a shady sunbed to reserve it for the day, Beware of the submerged rocks in the sea. I stubbed my toes twice before vowing not to go back for a third helping, House keeping was slow at times and on two occasions we had no toilet paper or drinking water. We rang house keeping to complain and was told they would attend to our needs at once. eight hours later and still no joy we had to complain to reception to get things sorted. The pillows although lovely and clean were like rocks and my wife and I chose not to use them after the second night due to us both developing rather stiff necks.
In a nut shell I will not be returning to this hotel as there are so many better ones out there with fewer problems to experience. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4  Thank Tonacy

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for your loyalty towards IBEROSTAR.

We are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with some aspects of our resort.

In regard to your comment about our culinary offer, our Executive Chef is always working hard to offer different options for our guests. Every night we different themes at the buffet, such as a Italian, Spanish, Mediterranean, International, Mexican and Oriental. We have different restaurants (Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Mexican, Cajun, French and Japanese), and we have room service 24 hrs, Chiringuito Bar and Snacks on the beach. At the shopping center, you can find a delicious Tacos Bar and Hamburgers, plus a now Coffee shop. All in your all-inclusive package. However we will certainly send him your feedback, to keep finding ways to surprise our guests.

We regret that the service provided by our housekeeping was not of your agreement; your comment was referred to our Housekeeping Management to apply corrective measures. We would like to inform you that we are taking part in several programs for the reinforcement of training of our employees in different areas. Our aim is the complete satisfaction of our clients and clearly the service provided by our staff is key. Attention to detail, as you rightly stated, is very important in this industry. Communication among different Departments is also something we are looking into, to make it more efficient and avoid long waiting periods.

With respect to your observation about our beds and pillows, we are happy to inform you that attending to our guests’ comments, we have purchased a new model of mattress that will replace the older ones.

We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to change your point of view regarding the above mentioned services so we may prove to you our commitment to exceptional customer service and satisfaction.

Best regards,