This is our second Iberostar resort, so we basically knew what to expect in terms of service, food, room and grounds. This resort excels in the grounds and service department. After explaining that we did not want to hear resort traffic (golf carts, landscaping trucks, cleaning vehicles, garbage trucks.), we were assigned to Bldg. 50, the building closest to the beach. Room 5031, a terrible choice if you don't want to hear all of the above. This corner of the building sits directly upon a cul-de-sac next to the laundry facility, back door to a restaurant, and gathering place for incoming workers. It was noisy and smelled of car exhaust. We had to wonder why the front desk thought this was a quiet room. The next morning we asked for a room change and in less than 20 minutes we were in a wonderful third floor room in Building 53. I would stay away from Building 50. Although it is closest to the beach, there is no beach access or view from this building.
We visited the Steak, Gourmet, Italian and International restaurants. Do not go to the International Restaurant. Food was terrible. All others were very good, with the Gourmet Restaurant not to be missed. The night-time buffet was OK, nothing exceptional. Breakfast and lunch buffets were good, plenty from which to pick. Drinks all very good and plentiful. They have a large variety of red wines and were given the opportunity (when we asked) to taste test several before deciding on one. They will leave the bottle at your table.
The pools were great, swim up bar nicely crowded and friendly, and the lazy river was great. This is a nice family resort, but as a retired couple, we completely enjoyed every aspect. The beach was good for swimming. Rocks in a few places directly in front of the resort, but lots of good beach for swimming. Walking the beach was another matter. Not much beach to walk before you run into rocks and beach garbage. I would not recommend this resort if you really enjoy beach walking.
One tip, bring a hair dyer and hair conditioner. No conditioner provided, and the dryers are nothing more than a lukewarm breeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo