We stayed at the Iberostar Lindo for 3 nights with our 3 year old. This is a great place to stay with kids! The pool complex was amazing (the lazy river, the wave pool and all the rest of the pools!). We really liked the beach too--very nice. The waves were huge due to high winds, but still a fun place to make sand castles. I really liked the bit of 'natural' area between the pools and beach--the coatimundis would hang out there in the afternoon--they were fun to see! I did a day of diving with Dressel Divers and admit, I liked them more than I thought I would. Our group was good on air and so the dive master let us stay down an hour instead of the 45 minutes she had originally said we would stay down. Their dive boat was really nice. The website said they would do a deeper single tank dive the first dive and in actuality, it was a 45 foot dive, which as a little disappointing.
The service everywhere was generally great--the waitstaff at the ala cartes were particularly good, the bartenders were amiable although some were better at making drinks than others, however, it took over 24hrs to get a working refrigerator. I had to call 4 times. Warm beer just sucks. The rooms were big we thought and we had a little porch to hang out on after our son went to bed. Housekeeping did a nice job.
We ate at the Mexican, Cajun and Seafood ala cartes and I have to say this is why the resort got 4 stars in my book. The food ranged from awful to just OK. The buffets were quite good for breakfast and lunch (particularly the breakfast buffet at the Pagoda restaurant). The dinner we had at the Cajun restaurant was awful--my dinner was described as a jambalaya and it was by far the worst I have ever had. The buffet appetizers before the dinners were MUCH better than the dinners themselves. I thought the food was supposed to be good at the ala cartes, so I was disappointed. The seafood ala carte was the best dinner we had and that was was fine, nothing amazing. Next time, I will just stick to the buffets!
Overall though, we had a lovely time and would definitely go back. The pools and service make it worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo