Message from TripAdvisor:

TripAdvisor has been made aware of recent media reports or events concerning this property which may not be reflected in reviews found on this listing. Accordingly, you may wish to perform additional research for information about this property when making your travel plans.

“Just Back from the Lindo - WOW”

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Seven glorious days at the Lindo - it doesn't get any better than that!!! The weather was picture perfect - barely a cloud in the sky - not a drop of rain - temps were in the high 80's to low 90's. Had a couple of nights that were a little muggy - and buggy. Mosquito's got us!! Wish I had brought some bug spray with us!!!

Beach was beautiful!! Red flag was out five of the seven days. Didn't stop us. We all loved the waves - although my youngest (who is got roughed up a little!! Can't take your eyes off the little ones!!

Pools were amazing!! So refreshing and relaxing!! Enjoyed the wave pool and the lazy river. However, the main pool was the best! Loved the aqua bar - Dirty Monkeys were my favorite!!! Kids also loved the ice cream bar - they must of been there 3 or 4 times a day!!

Food was just as we expected - OK. Buffets for breakfast and lunch had everything you could think of. No one had any trouble finding something they liked. Dinners were: Mexican - very good; Italian - good; Seafood - good; Steakhouse - Delicious (everyones favorite); Jambalaya - OK (everyones least favorite); Japanese - good. We wanted to eat at the Brazilian - but they could not accommodate us! They said it was very busy and the preference went to the Beach/Del Mar guests.

Spa - My husband and I went over for a couples massage. It was wonderful. We were able to use the indoor salt water pool - it was empty - just us. Sooo relaxing. Also used the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi etc. All were excellent!! Would definitely recommend this!! Worth every penny.

Walking - Yes we did plenty! No problem, after all the eating and drinking - we needed it!!

Liquor - My husband is a Beefeater Martini guy - he knows his beefeater!!! They did not have beefeater in the beefeater bottles!! On more than one occasion my husband sent it back. They look at you like your crazy - we are not. They would then go and get another bottle - unopened - and open it right in front of us and pour it - THEN it was beefeater!!! Can't believe in a place like this that they pull this kind of stunt! This is the one and only complaint we had during this vacation!!

I could go on and on - but I won't! Wonderful vacation and would go back in a heartbeat!!

Any questions - let me know!!

6  Thank mamamarley

Reviewed 15 April 2009

We arrived at the LIndo on April 7 and I must say since I booked this trip back in Sept. 08' I was amazed that my husband didn't leave me since all I did was obsess about the flight, resort, service, beach, food, rooms etc. Also I was concerned about how crowded it would be since it was Easter break. We heard it was 110% occupied and let me tell you, you never felt crowded since the resort was so big. (Lots of walking and far) Well, we just back on Tuesday, April 13th and I must say it was more than I ever dreamed of. We traveled with two boys , 12 and 15 and opt for the adjoing rooms. It was just perfect. Two bathrooms to get ready, two tvs and better yet our own space to get dressed and whatever. Resort was cleaner than you could ever imagine. I kept waitng for something to be wrong and it wasn't. Food was very good and like I have read, if you can't find something you like, stay home. (Wine was not good at all.) Keep an open mind, you are not int he U.S. and if the trade off is a beautiful beach and impeccable surroundings and service you will be fine. However, we did enjoy our meals at all the restuarants. The waiters were more than accommodating. Everyone at the reosrt works very, very hard so we found that tipping made us feel good not to mention how it was appreciated. They were always genuinly concerned about us and if we were having fun or not. Star friends RULE. The shows at night were exceptional and the day time entertainment was a ball. Our last morning at the resort at breakfast ...... none of us talked. We were so sad about our departure that my husband and I ate with our sunglasses on so we could hide our teary eyes from eachother. It was a great experience and we will return. So book it and have a great time.

7  Thank Boolalamm
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We just came back from Riviera Maya Mexico last night. We had a wonderful vacation, and would definitely go back to Iberostar Lindo. The place was beautiful, very comfortable, affordable. The weather was perfect! The service was excellent. Restaurants and food was not top notch but there was plenty of food to choose from. Service in the restaurants was impeccable. Always someone to serve you instantly. Housekeeping was great. Rooms were clean and air conditioning was very efficient! Always chairs on the beach. Pool area got crowded at times. You had to claim your chairs pretty early. Kids loved the pools. Wave pool and lazy river were fun. Total body massage on the beach was worth the money! Very relaxing.

6  Thank Tereseh M
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We have travelled to a lot of in all-inclusives and this was one of the best we've been to. We were with our 9 year old daughter and she had a blast! The kid's club girls were great - yeah Claudia!
Food was fabulous at all buffets except at the dinner buffet but still could find a lot to eat. All the a la carts we went to were good and service was great also. Spanish or Mexican white wines were excellent. Why they didn't serve these wines in the bars at the lobby and theatre is a good question. They served some other different type which wasn't as good by far. However the Margaritas were to die for!!!!
Pools were clean and lots of fun. We did the lazy river every day at least 2 times (usually with a drink or two) - talk about relaxing!!
We asked for a certain room and received it with no problem -5378 overlooks the main pool and wave pool and is very central with a large balcony. I only tipped the maid at the end but still every day our fridge was stocked and room was spotless.
I had a great birthday and all in all do not have any major complaints. It is worth the money and we would all go back in a second. My daughter didn't want to leave!!!

7  Thank CLANCY50
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I will be brief...the resort was beautiful, the service was excellent and the rooms were spacious. We were in building 55 bottom floor - perfect location. The food was okay, which was fine with us. We don't expect 5 star dining when we are with the kids (mine were 6 yrs and 5 yrs old) at a family resort. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, just not much of a variety. The beach was wide and very inviting. The coati's (little animals) were very cute...you'll see them around the property, along with swans, and peacocks. There was entertainment on the beach and beach parties. All in all, we had a lot of fun. We would definitely go back. I highly recommend this resort if traveling wth children

4  Thank 2funny
Reviewed 6 April 2009

We stayed at the Iberostar Lindo for 3 nights with our 3 year old. This is a great place to stay with kids! The pool complex was amazing (the lazy river, the wave pool and all the rest of the pools!). We really liked the beach too--very nice. The waves were huge due to high winds, but still a fun place to make sand castles. I really liked the bit of 'natural' area between the pools and beach--the coatimundis would hang out there in the afternoon--they were fun to see! I did a day of diving with Dressel Divers and admit, I liked them more than I thought I would. Our group was good on air and so the dive master let us stay down an hour instead of the 45 minutes she had originally said we would stay down. Their dive boat was really nice. The website said they would do a deeper single tank dive the first dive and in actuality, it was a 45 foot dive, which as a little disappointing.

The service everywhere was generally great--the waitstaff at the ala cartes were particularly good, the bartenders were amiable although some were better at making drinks than others, however, it took over 24hrs to get a working refrigerator. I had to call 4 times. Warm beer just sucks. The rooms were big we thought and we had a little porch to hang out on after our son went to bed. Housekeeping did a nice job.

We ate at the Mexican, Cajun and Seafood ala cartes and I have to say this is why the resort got 4 stars in my book. The food ranged from awful to just OK. The buffets were quite good for breakfast and lunch (particularly the breakfast buffet at the Pagoda restaurant). The dinner we had at the Cajun restaurant was awful--my dinner was described as a jambalaya and it was by far the worst I have ever had. The buffet appetizers before the dinners were MUCH better than the dinners themselves. I thought the food was supposed to be good at the ala cartes, so I was disappointed. The seafood ala carte was the best dinner we had and that was was fine, nothing amazing. Next time, I will just stick to the buffets!

Overall though, we had a lovely time and would definitely go back. The pools and service make it worth it.

4  Thank Oceancat
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My wife and I have been to several resorts in Mexico and the IPL was our favorite so far! The staff are professional and the service was excellent, and friendly. You are made to feel welcome and at ease. We were given a 3rd floor room in the 54 building as requested. Beautiful room, great bathroom, nice porch. Perfect!
We loved the grounds and the architecture. The layout is easy to learn and use. Pools are wonderful and the beach is a pleasure. Never bothered to reserve chairs at the beach and always found some whenever. The sun deck over the ice cream bar is a real treat... check it out.
We enjoyed being able to visit the other Iberostars by walking over and even booked a tour of the Grand. Do this through the concierge. Each bldg has it's own. We decided we liked the Lindo best and feel it represents excellent value. The shopping mall is a nice walk and has the usual shops but note that you can get snacks there too... all included.
We ate at the buffets for breakfast and lunch and found these to be very good. Lots of choices and fresh food. We booked a la cartes for supper. Particularly enjoyed the seafood and the gourmet. It was always a challenge not to overeat.
Bar service was good, even at peak times. The lobby bars are nice in the evening. Beach bartenders do a great job. Drinks aren't too strong or too weak but they'll make them however you like.
Hotel is a short bus ride from the airport and to Playa del Carmen. All the major sites not to far. Having been already, we didn't bother.
Every age group was represented and all seemed happy. Mostly American tourists I believe but many others too.
Didn't care for the shows ... wish they featured live Mexican music more.
The most outstanding thing for us was the staff... great attitude and friendly, professional.
Go! You'll enjoy yourself!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!