“Great Family Resort”

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I agree with the Easter reviews--The service/staff are excellent here at the Lindo--The food was better then i expected(went to Punta Cana last month and food was very dissappointing) as my 12 year old fussy eater loved it all(as did i)--The grounds are beautiful especially at night when all lit up--We didnt even have the chance to explore the other hotels on the Iberostar compound other when we went to the Japanese dinner etc.--The buffet at the Lindos main lobby seemed to be the best
I would recommend the following
1-book any specialty restaurants as soon as you arrive in your room
2--request 2nd or third floor nearest to main pool/swim up bar-Views on balcony are great as this resorts looks spectacular at night-If you have small children, the noise near the lobby from the shows might be bad for early sleepers, so request closer to beach
3-The ONLY thing i didnt like was that EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE seemed to get so so freakin early to get good pool chairs in the AM--I went down around 8am thinking it was early--if your not down there by 630am, your not going to get too much to choose--Way too early to get up on vacation(but i did for my daughter anyway lol)
I think i might have to break my rule of trying a new resort every year and come again to the Lindo--They do have a huge repeat business for a reason

3  Thank GaryEastNorthport_NY
Write a ReviewReviews (6,339)

Reviewed 21 April 2009

This was my 6th trip to an Iberostar (all excellent) and the first to the Lindo. You will NOT be disappointed. This was a family trip for a week over Easter (14 people), including a 16 mo old baby and none of us wanted to leave. It was so much fun! We stayed in building 52, which was near the pool, but conveniently located to everything. Please take advantage of the activities with the Star Friends for they help to make your vacation a great stay. There's so much do do - from aerobics - evening shows - carousel for the kids - volleyball and on and on and on. As most Iberostars are large complexes, please get a map and a list of day by day activities. This will be invaluable to you. After a day or two, you'll be a pro getting around. We used the very well equipped gym during the week as well as had a pampering massage in the magnificent spa! After the massage, enjoy the indoor salt water pool with spa jets. The "juice bar" is also fantastic.

There are plenty of lounge chairs around the pool, but it's recommended that as soon as you get up in the morning, have someone go to the pool area and place towels or magazines on the chairs. You'll see what I mean.

After checking in, please meet with your concerige to make dinner reservations. Highlights are the Japanese (ask about this first), Seafood, Gourmet French, and Italian. The main buffet areas are also great (no reservations needed). The menus at the restaurants vary widely, so at the seafood house, you can get things other than seafood; ditto for the steakhouse. The Spanish wines are very good. Although this is an all inclusive, it is courteous to tip the Iberostar employees who work so hard.

There is an Iberostar shuttle into Playa del Carmen several times a week. It's a nice diversion if you are a shopper. Most of our group just stayed at the resort, but those who went enjoyed the shopping. You have "exchange" privileges with the Iberostar Maya across the pool. Don't miss going into the Pyramid Bar - what a fantastic piece of architecture! Of course, the Aquarium bar at the Lindo is great too!

Get to know the hotel and all it has to offer. You will be amazed. The evening shows are "cute." You'll also enjoy the swim up bar, the wave pool and lazy river. Bring along a raft or tube if you want to use it in the pool. The beach was magnificent and the water blue as the sky. It was windy during the week, so we couldn't kayak, windsurf or parasail. But these are available for you.

A few times during the week, they host a short tour of the Iberostar Grand Paraiso complex. This is an AMAZING new hotel (adults only). Take the time for the tour. Check with your conceirge (reservations are needed).

The staff is soooooo organized and helpful and want your vacation to be the best. Don't hesitate to ask employees for any assistance you need.

We had possible concerns about problems with drug cartel activities. I felt safer in this area of Mexico than in Jamaica or the Dominican. The airport, shuttles, transportation and most importantly, the hotel, were fine. No worries - be happy!

We use Apple Vacations and are very happy with their trip planning and prices.

Take care, have FUN, and relax. P.S. HEY BABY (you'll be singing this on the way home!)

9  Thank Hilthd2000
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Other than saying Ditto to all of the other reviews what can I say...We did arrive late on Good Friday and unfortunately the only room available was in building 55 with 1 king sized bed and a small couch, Hector promised to move us as soon as someone left the following morning. I called him at 8:00am and we were in room 5378 by 11:00am. The room I wanted. Great view of the pool and centrally located. I did not find that there was much more walking than any other place you may go to. We did not go anywhere other than the pool, beach and swim up bar. Unfortunately, my 7yr old got the hang of swimming up to the bar as soon as it opened to order her cola with a lime. Considering how full the hotel was it was never crowded. My husband and I both felt that the time flew by and that it flew by way too fast. All in all a great time was had by all and we are looking forward to a visit next year....

5  Thank Karin D
Reviewed 19 April 2009

My family travels twice a year during school breaks. We mainly stay at all inclusive family resorts in Mexico, DR and Jamaica. This is our 4th stay at an Iberostar property. We've also done Moon Palace, Paradisus and Hilton RoseHall. I have to say that I like this one the best. We traveled with my 8 and 12 year old.

People who have written bad reviews are either hard to please overall or are the rare case of a bad experience. You have to have a Ritz Carlton expectation not to be satisfied here.

FOOD - No, the food is not gourmet. I haven't been to any all inclusive family resort where the food was FABULOUS! However, we ate well for the 6 days we were there. I actually have to say that the buffet was better than the reserved. The steakhouse was just ok and Mexican was very dissappointing given that we were in Mexico.

ROOMS - No moldy smell. We were in building 55 near the lazy river and the theater. No issue with night tine noise from the shows.

CHAIRS - No issue here either. The hotel has a policy, like all others, that you are not supposed to reserve chairs. So when we arrived at the beach or pool and chairs were covered with towels, we removed them, put them neatly together and sat down. When the "reservers" arrived we told them where their towels were. Only one was annoyed, but there was nothing they could say. You are taking a risk of loosing your towels and having to pay the $10 .

There are lots of activities if you chose to participate. The shows are not broadway, but we either say and laughed or just went back to the room. The magic show was cute and the audience participation games were fun. They should do more of those!

You WILL have a great time if you don't spend time looking for problems.

6  Thank 4Luvmy2
Reviewed 16 April 2009

Seven glorious days at the Lindo - it doesn't get any better than that!!! The weather was picture perfect - barely a cloud in the sky - not a drop of rain - temps were in the high 80's to low 90's. Had a couple of nights that were a little muggy - and buggy. Mosquito's got us!! Wish I had brought some bug spray with us!!!

Beach was beautiful!! Red flag was out five of the seven days. Didn't stop us. We all loved the waves - although my youngest (who is got roughed up a little!! Can't take your eyes off the little ones!!

Pools were amazing!! So refreshing and relaxing!! Enjoyed the wave pool and the lazy river. However, the main pool was the best! Loved the aqua bar - Dirty Monkeys were my favorite!!! Kids also loved the ice cream bar - they must of been there 3 or 4 times a day!!

Food was just as we expected - OK. Buffets for breakfast and lunch had everything you could think of. No one had any trouble finding something they liked. Dinners were: Mexican - very good; Italian - good; Seafood - good; Steakhouse - Delicious (everyones favorite); Jambalaya - OK (everyones least favorite); Japanese - good. We wanted to eat at the Brazilian - but they could not accommodate us! They said it was very busy and the preference went to the Beach/Del Mar guests.

Spa - My husband and I went over for a couples massage. It was wonderful. We were able to use the indoor salt water pool - it was empty - just us. Sooo relaxing. Also used the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi etc. All were excellent!! Would definitely recommend this!! Worth every penny.

Walking - Yes we did plenty! No problem, after all the eating and drinking - we needed it!!

Liquor - My husband is a Beefeater Martini guy - he knows his beefeater!!! They did not have beefeater in the beefeater bottles!! On more than one occasion my husband sent it back. They look at you like your crazy - we are not. They would then go and get another bottle - unopened - and open it right in front of us and pour it - THEN it was beefeater!!! Can't believe in a place like this that they pull this kind of stunt! This is the one and only complaint we had during this vacation!!

I could go on and on - but I won't! Wonderful vacation and would go back in a heartbeat!!

Any questions - let me know!!

6  Thank mamamarley
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We arrived at the LIndo on April 7 and I must say since I booked this trip back in Sept. 08' I was amazed that my husband didn't leave me since all I did was obsess about the flight, resort, service, beach, food, rooms etc. Also I was concerned about how crowded it would be since it was Easter break. We heard it was 110% occupied and let me tell you, you never felt crowded since the resort was so big. (Lots of walking and far) Well, we just back on Tuesday, April 13th and I must say it was more than I ever dreamed of. We traveled with two boys , 12 and 15 and opt for the adjoing rooms. It was just perfect. Two bathrooms to get ready, two tvs and better yet our own space to get dressed and whatever. Resort was cleaner than you could ever imagine. I kept waitng for something to be wrong and it wasn't. Food was very good and like I have read, if you can't find something you like, stay home. (Wine was not good at all.) Keep an open mind, you are not int he U.S. and if the trade off is a beautiful beach and impeccable surroundings and service you will be fine. However, we did enjoy our meals at all the restuarants. The waiters were more than accommodating. Everyone at the reosrt works very, very hard so we found that tipping made us feel good not to mention how it was appreciated. They were always genuinly concerned about us and if we were having fun or not. Star friends RULE. The shows at night were exceptional and the day time entertainment was a ball. Our last morning at the resort at breakfast ...... none of us talked. We were so sad about our departure that my husband and I ate with our sunglasses on so we could hide our teary eyes from eachother. It was a great experience and we will return. So book it and have a great time.

7  Thank Boolalamm
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We just came back from Riviera Maya Mexico last night. We had a wonderful vacation, and would definitely go back to Iberostar Lindo. The place was beautiful, very comfortable, affordable. The weather was perfect! The service was excellent. Restaurants and food was not top notch but there was plenty of food to choose from. Service in the restaurants was impeccable. Always someone to serve you instantly. Housekeeping was great. Rooms were clean and air conditioning was very efficient! Always chairs on the beach. Pool area got crowded at times. You had to claim your chairs pretty early. Kids loved the pools. Wave pool and lazy river were fun. Total body massage on the beach was worth the money! Very relaxing.

6  Thank Tereseh M
#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!