“Great Resort”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
London,Ontario
Reviewed 11 February 2005

Iberostar lindo is a wonderful place !
The food was wonderful - we had dinner at a different restaurant (a la cart) every night and did not need to repeat any but did by choice. We enjoyed the Cajun the best- scallops and steak( and coconut shrimp) incredible!! Mexican was good but won't order the T-bone ( beef meat was 'white' but the other dishes very good). I agree with other people to reserve all a la carts the first day but not needed. It's easier to reserve then change later if needed. Reservations are easy to make as each building has it's own conceige. Wonderful touch!!
It is a larger resort but our room was in the middle and easy to get around. We were offered an upgrade to Maya but declined. We had researched the Lindo and preferred to stay there. The rooms in the Maya had a whirlpool tub (something we won't use) and larger bathrooms (we learned later) but farther away from the threatre room and a few a la carts. The maya is opposite the lindo ( on the other side of the pool) and share many restaurant and services. Some people were told that the steak house and Japanese restaurants weren't available to lindo guest but we ate at both. If offered the upgrade- check on the map where each room is then make your decison. Also the front desk(reception) and our conceige told us different information.So beware!
Our room in the Lindo had a great view of the pool and centre area.We have no regret not taking the upgrade but some people may enjoy the tub and the upgrade. Our only problem was the maid on the last few days of our stay.Initially the service was incredible.The maid ( a male) even left extra beer for my husband . The last few days many things changed. And yes we tipped $ daily and even brought special gifts like 'body shop' soap from home for tips. With the second maid - pillows that were left initially in the room were removed, no water for coffee ,no refill of coffee or whitener then no bottled drinking water the last day. Now with that said- one call to guest services- everything was corrected within 1/2 hour !!!
The pool water is cold as stated in letters but when you see the size of the pool you understand. But many people did swim. The wave pool was ++++ enjoyed by many.
All in all -it is a great resort.It's big enought never to see the same people ( if you want) and yet we met people from our province and a tiny little town from home! We met great people from Barry,Glencoe and the USA.

Lindo is a Must Visit!!!

• Stayed: February 2005
44  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Ottawa
Reviewed 9 February 2005

My husband & I just spend two glorious weeks at the Lindo from Jan. 22 to feb. 5 /05. We have nothing but good things to say about the place. It was beyound our expectations. There were at least 12 reataurants to choose from and you never had any trouble getting into them. The food was great and plenty of it. Can't understand what other people are whinning about.
There was never any problems getting a place to sit at either the pool or beach , in the sun or shade.
The rooms and grounds are sooooo clean and beautiful. A little piece of heaven here on earth. There were peacocks roaming around freely and flowers every where. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We got a call at least once a day asking if we needed anything. We would go back in a minute .

• Stayed: January 2005
39  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 9 February 2005

This a bit late, but my husband and I went to the Lindo last May for our honeymoon. Everything was great except for the food. Although we've traveled quite a bit, this was our first all inclusive experience. The hotel was beautiful and very very clean. The staff was friendly and the bartenders at the swim up bar were great. Yes, the drinks may have been watered down a little, but they will make them stronger if you asked nicely. I like to sip drinks in the sun all day so it kept me from getting hammered. As for the food...breakfast was the best-so much to chose from. Buffet was ok. Dinners were so-so. The gourmet restaurant was good. Be very careful walking around the pool where it's wet. It's extremely slippery. All in all we had a fun time, however we noticed on Friday afternoon that they step it up a bit for the weekend. Welcome drinks, flowers for the ladies, live bands. We were disappointed that we didn't get the same perks during the week when we'd paid so much and were leaving Saturday morning. I don't know what others were talking about when it comes to tipping the maid. We stayed in a junior suite and planned on tipping her at the end of the week until we noticed we had a different one every day. So we were not sure how to handle that. We never had a problem with our room. It was always a treat to come back in and see what different animal they had folded the towels into. They were very creative. Bottom line we had a great time..wish we'd stayed the weekend and wish the food had been better. Fill up on breakfast and dessert. LOL

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 February 2005

My husband and I and 3 other couples spent a week at the Lindo and had the most amazing vacation, we were Kings and Queens for a week, the Staff was excellent and went out of their way to please you, there was definately enough variety on the buffet and the restaurants to please everyones tastes. At the Mexican Restaurant I was looking for watermelon for dessert and couldnt find any, it was mentioned to the staff and I was told to sit down, 5 min later a tray of watermelon was delivered to our table.. talk about being waited on !!!

The grounds are spectacular and the rooms were spotless, the consierge called our room twice during the week to make sure that we had everything that we needed, we enjoyed going to the shows, when you saw the staff at the pool dancing at 11 am and than there they were at 11 pm with the same energy you couldnt help but enjoy it because of how hard they all work.

The pools were beautiful and went on forever, they were refreshing after sitting in the hot sun, the pool bar was so much fun. The beach was great and we enjoyed swimming in the ocean.. not many rocks to worry about.

All in All we had the most amazing trip and could not even think of going anywhere else on our next vacation except the LINDO.

27  Thank TammyG1232015
%3sqw
Reviewed 7 February 2005

Beautiful beach, terquoise water, excellent service, wonderful food, tropical drinks....do I need to say more?
We've been to Cozumel, Jamacia, Riviera Mayan ...some you get the service, some you get the beach, some you get good rooms, but this one HAS IT ALL!!!
We are 23 and 27, married 5 years and no kids, but this place had kids, but that just made it all the better!! The place is so HUGE that you had you're own spot all day long. Kids, we love 'em, but don't have none. Most of the time if you don't have kids and you go on vacation, you don't want to be bothered by them. This place entertianed them...if you want a family place, this is the resort. If you want RELAXATION, this is the resort. If you want SERVICE, this is the resort. If you want GREAT FOOD, this is the resort. If you want a MESSAGE ON THE BEACH, this is the resort. If you want a NAP ON THE BEACH, this is the resort.
WE HAVE NO COMPLAINTS!!! EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFUL!!! FOOD, SERVICE, BEACH, ENTERATAINMENT...D-R-I-N-K-S...YOU NAME IT, IT WAS AWSOME!

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 February 2005

I have never been to a resort quite like this. I have nothing bad to say. The food was magnificent, the service was out of this world and the beach, pools and bars were awesome. I would stay at this resort again in a heartbeat. I regret not staying longer. If you want to have a great time in Mexico and stay at a 6 star resort - stay at the Lindo. It is unbelieveable. My wife and I loved and could never say anything bad. I will be back!

22  Thank Iowans
Reviewed 5 February 2005

We just got back from seven days at the Lindo. There are both good and bad points about the resort. The hotel itself is very beautiful! The place is huge and the grounds are well kept. Everything was exceptionally clean. We stayed in building 53 on the third floor and had a great view of the pool and could see the ocean. The location was also midway between the lobby and the beach, about a five minute walk to either. The rooms are very clean and decorated nicely, but the beds were way too hard. The staff at the resort was wonderful too. Everyone was friendly and eager to please.

The beach was beautiful, blue water, white sand, and lots of palapas! I would suggest that you get out early to reserve one by placing some towels on the chairs. I was surprised to find that there were no waiters to bring you drinks on the beach. Fortunately, the beach bar was very close, and had some bathrooms in the back. There were red flags out on the beach on most days, but the guards never stopped anyone from swimming. The only real draw-back was seeing soldiers with machine guns strolling down the beach one afternoon.

The pools were gorgeous to look at, but that’s about it! They were way to cold to be of any enjoyment. For that reason, the pools were never crowded (The ocean was much warmer). I never once saw anyone in the “Lazy River”, which is really just a cold circle of water. I might as well have stayed at a resort without a pool.

The food was the really bad part of the experience. They spent too much time on presentation and too little time on substance. I am a very adventurous eater who is usually happy with anything. However, I was hard pressed to find anything good at the Lindo. If you did find something you liked, chances are it was cold. I even attempted a hot dog which was served cold with a stale bun. I ended up eating fruit for most meals. With better food and warm pools, the place would have been wonderful. We will not return to the Lindo!

• Stayed: January 2005
#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!