Iberostar lindo is a wonderful place !
The food was wonderful - we had dinner at a different restaurant (a la cart) every night and did not need to repeat any but did by choice. We enjoyed the Cajun the best- scallops and steak( and coconut shrimp) incredible!! Mexican was good but won't order the T-bone ( beef meat was 'white' but the other dishes very good). I agree with other people to reserve all a la carts the first day but not needed. It's easier to reserve then change later if needed. Reservations are easy to make as each building has it's own conceige. Wonderful touch!!
It is a larger resort but our room was in the middle and easy to get around. We were offered an upgrade to Maya but declined. We had researched the Lindo and preferred to stay there. The rooms in the Maya had a whirlpool tub (something we won't use) and larger bathrooms (we learned later) but farther away from the threatre room and a few a la carts. The maya is opposite the lindo ( on the other side of the pool) and share many restaurant and services. Some people were told that the steak house and Japanese restaurants weren't available to lindo guest but we ate at both. If offered the upgrade- check on the map where each room is then make your decison. Also the front desk(reception) and our conceige told us different information.So beware!
Our room in the Lindo had a great view of the pool and centre area.We have no regret not taking the upgrade but some people may enjoy the tub and the upgrade. Our only problem was the maid on the last few days of our stay.Initially the service was incredible.The maid ( a male) even left extra beer for my husband . The last few days many things changed. And yes we tipped $ daily and even brought special gifts like 'body shop' soap from home for tips. With the second maid - pillows that were left initially in the room were removed, no water for coffee ,no refill of coffee or whitener then no bottled drinking water the last day. Now with that said- one call to guest services- everything was corrected within 1/2 hour !!!
The pool water is cold as stated in letters but when you see the size of the pool you understand. But many people did swim. The wave pool was ++++ enjoyed by many.
All in all -it is a great resort.It's big enought never to see the same people ( if you want) and yet we met people from our province and a tiny little town from home! We met great people from Barry,Glencoe and the USA.
Lindo is a Must Visit!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo