“Best vacation ever!!!!!!!”

New Jersey
“Best vacation ever!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We had a blast !!!!
It has been couple of days since we returned and everyone in my family agrees that it was like a beautiful dream. We miss it very much and planning next visit already.
Our day was packed with activities huge thanks to star Friends!!! Vanessa, Xavier, Selene, Yurici, Danny , Paty, Israel and Armando. Salsa and Merengue dancing lessons, darts, air gun , pool games, ping pong, Bocce ball, bingo, soccer, volleyball. My son enjoyed delicious ice cream at the Ice cream bar. Beautiful beach. We loved the mini disco and shows every night. Food was very good. It is extremely clean with very friendly staff and lot's of fun type of place. Bring the bug repellent as mosquitoes might be annoying. We met lots of wonderful people there from all over the world :) Hi to my German, Argentinian, Canadian and American friends!!!!
Just want to add after reading several reviews It is a family oriented resort. Do not expect Jean Georges type of restaurants and pretentious environment.

7 Thank EugenioFromNJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed 15 January 2010

We had originally booked our stay at one of the sister resorts located within the same complex, but were upgraded to the Lindo when we checked in.
The hotel itself was immaculate-- clean and well maintained.
The beach was lovely, although there were a limited amount of seats, most likely due to the busy holiday week. The pools were also nice, though we had a hard time finding a quiet pool-- many of the pools had music blaring and/or goofy water activities going on.
The downside was really the food-- we are not into the "all you can eat" buffet-style dining, which is really the fall-back at this resort. After a few days, we tired of the available options, which did not include much local, fresh Mexican fare.
For the price and location, it was a good value and we got what we were looking for-- a nice beach, clean and friendly resort, and a relaxing stay.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank SpK-NY
Montreal
Reviewed 15 January 2010

We went during the low season (before Christmas) and enjoyed our trip. The resort was only about 30% full, so there were plenty of chairs available at all times, we had no difficulties to make restaurant reservations etc. Our request for 2 rooms close together (we went with friends) facing the pool was accommodated. The property is large, but not as large as I expected based on some previous reviews. The walks between the room and lobby, beach and restaurants were pleasant and we enjoyed also going to other properties (Beach, Maya) for drinks or dinner. We felt safe everywhere in the resort.
High points: service, grounds, pools, quality of drinks. Service was superb, except at the Steakhouse. Grounds were beautiful and clean. The temperature of the water in the pool was fine, I did not find it too cold (as opposed to other reviewers). Quality of drinks was very good too; the lobby bars had a nice selection of branded liquor.
Low points: food, beach. We are not picky at all inclusives, but the quality of food was lower than we expected. When compared, the IB Bavaro had better food. Do not bother with the Steakhouse. The seafood restaurant was good. Regarding the beach, it is not as nice as on most of our previous beach vacations. There are rocky areas in the water; you can avoid them only on the far right side of the Lindo part of the beach. What fascinated me was that the IB Grand next door had far worse beach and no access to the water (all rocks).
Our son had a great time at the wave pool and in the lazy river. He never wanted to try the kids club, since he had friends to play with, but the kids' club area looked nice.
Overall it was a nice relaxing vacation and we had a good time.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank DJT2007
Montréal, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago. All my criterias for a perfect vacation have been met: great beach, great food, outstanding service, gorgeous hotel. Everything went smoothly, we needed three rooms side by side-got them, we didn't want to have to wake up at 6AM to reserve some chairs at the beach- no need for that. But most of all, it's the staff that makes the difference; this is the second Iberostar I've visited and I love it. Everyone is helpful and friendly. Don't hesitate to book, you'll love it.

4 Thank Mych
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2010

A good time was had by all, with no major complaints. We got a great deal on this property and are very satisfied with our vacation.

Travel: very quick trip from the Cancun airport to Mayan Riviera. Not much to see along the way, but it was a quick trip. Drinks were offered on the bus, but at a price so bring some cash with you.

Check-in: Very fast...literally took less than 5 minutes with no one in line in front of us (though, obviously, this is variable.) We saw the people next to us slip the desk clerk some bills - not sure how much or what for - but the clerk denied the money and promptly slid it back to them.

Rooms: fine. I don't spend a lot of time in rooms while on vacation so I don't really care as long as they are clean, which they were.

Grounds: well maintained and beautiful. Lots of walking, though, so not good for people with problems doing so. There is a shuttle but we couldn't figure out the schedule so we didn't depend on that.

Food: very good. lots of restaurants to choose from, what with all the Iberostar's right next door to each other there is a huge selection of restaurants. Since there are so many, none were ever too full. Even though some recommend reservations - and we did make reservations - there was always room. I can't say I have a favourite restaurant because each had good menu options. I tend to lean towards the buffet restaurants because of the huge selection. The beach grill was good for snacks, and the restaurant closest to the beach (can't remember the name) was also the best, I thought, for buffet style lunches - the gyros were outstanding.

Pool: COLD! Very large, which is nice, but it never warmed up enough to spend extended periods of time in. Good for cooling off, though. The lazy river was a nice treat for my 2.5 year old. The children's pool (in the kids club area) was only knee deep but was even colder than the main pool, I thought. I've heard from many that they don't heat pools in Mexico anymore - very sad because it makes these huge pools basically useless during their coldest months (january and feb). Hardly anyone was in it for any longer than it takes to get to the pool bar and back. There was a small shallow area/ledge that was good for kids, but it was still cold so they didn't spend much time in the pool. The wave pool is unique, but again, it was cold. There is also a sports pool that we never went in or near, so no comment about that. There is plenty of room around the main pool and lots and lots of shade. Pick a spot near an "on land" bar because you'll get tired of getting in that cold pool just to get a drink at the swim-up bar.

The noise level at poolside was exemplary. They only did activities intermittently which is far nicer than the constant bombastic noise I've experienced in islands of the Caribbean. I can't even remember if they played music all day, which says something about the noise level - if they did, it was quiet enough for me not to notice.

Beach: very nice and very large. Clean, fine sand, but windy and wavy while we were there. The water's edge was warmer than the pool and that's where our kids got their water time. There are lots of lounge chairs and lots of straw parasols but get there early to reserve one.

Service: good. We sometimes needed to "nag" (ask more than once) but overall it was good. We always find Mexicans are not as friendly, cheerful or interactive as Caribbean nations that we've visited but the service is there. Just don't expect a party atmosphere from the staff.

We didn't make use of spa services or off-resort excursions, although friends of ours went to an aquatic/marine park where they swam with dolphins. They said it was outstanding, but pricey if booked through the resort. There was a day/evening when local vendors were allowed to set up shop but they did not harass or badger.

Overall we had a very good trip and I recommend Iberostar Paraiso Lindo to future travellers. We tend not to visit the same place twice (except for Sandals resorts) so we probably won't be back, but only because we like to experience different resorts and locales, not because we didn't like this particular resort.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank onehappymeal
calgary, canada
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Booked this trip for 13 people in my family, 6 of whom stayed 2 wk, 7 stayed til boxing day. Quick trip from airport. Best restuarants: Japanese and Italian (which doubled as a great breakfast buffet). Stayed in room close to pool, had a concierge in each bldg, which was very convenient, wave pool and lazy river great for our kids (ages 9 and 10). Waves ran for 25 min. each hr. Beautiful, compact lay-out of this resort. Ice Cream bar nice for kids. We felt very safe and by the end of the first week we let our boys go place on their own, like for ice cream, to lazy river. "Star Friends" animation people work hard!! They do a lot to promote their programs and people really seem to enjoy them. We took part in air gun, bingo, kids show (8:00 PM in theatre), volleyball, ping pong. They also try to invite themselves to sit with you during lunch buffets to ask about how you are enjoying the resort. Wait staff is very friendly and appreciates tips - we usually tipped $1-2 every couple of drinks to "Maria" at the wave pool. We always find that waiters(resses) treat people from Canada very kindly because most Canadians take the time to joke around with them and be respectful to the job they are trying to do. Mariachi band makes a few appearances during the wk. Room service 24 hr was prompt - always within 30 minutes, even at 5:30 AM on check-out day! One criticism: no music in Cajun restaurant , and played the same music every day at the wave pool - we were tired of it after 13 days. We filled out comment cards. They will fill up your "floaty toys" with air (we always bring some. DO NOT book with Dressel divers - boat driver was drunk and left equipment behind. They are not affiliated with the hotel. Iberostars are great hotels - we also stayed at one in Punta Cana 2 yr. ago. I have been to 5 all-inclusives and this one was the most compact for getting to room, buffet, pool, beach. You didn't fell like you couldn't run back to your room because it was too far. I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank teshaCalgary_Canada
California
Reviewed 12 January 2010

What do I say. This was my second time in Cancun, the first time I was in my early 20's. I swore not to go back, I left with a sour taste in my mouth. Expensive, crowded with wild partier's and over commercialized, keep in mind I stayed on the hotel strip.Not knowing there was more. Now with two young children and 10 yrs later, I was really hesitant on taking my family there but the very patience travel agent assistant me in finding a suitable location for us. With the fear of going to another country and the crime stories you hear on the new. Its very frightening to travel with young children. We did go out of the resort to visit Xcaret, Chichen Itza and Playa de Carmen. Don't get me wrong we took extra prosecution and we where aware of our surrounding. We took taxis from the resort to our destinations as we contracted them to the entire day of our trip. My 4yr old fell and cut his chin at the resort they offered medical service at no charge and they followed up on him for the following 3 days to make sure he was well and didn't need anything. The hospitality of the people the amazing resort and the entire experience was more then we expected. I would recommend Iberostar Paraiso Lindo all inclusive resorts in Cancun(Rivera Maya )Mexico.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Paradisus by Melia Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus by Melia Playa Del Car...
#31 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
#22 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!