This was our third trip to this area. This time, as well as taking our 12 & 13 year old children, my parents who are in their late 60's also came. After reading other reviews, my main concerns were horrible beds and a resort too massive to get around in. After being there for two weeks over Christmas, these issues were non existent! The beds were fine, none of us found them to be too hard at all. As for the resort being too large... seriously... how lazy are you people?!? We were in building 51 (perfect location) and we could walk to the buffet in about 5 minutes. My mom could do it in 10 minutes and needs a knee replacement. So it is not a bad walk at all. We were also very close to the beach which was huge and had tons of chairs for everyone. You still have the odd moron that saves their seat with a towel, but whatever. There are plenty there as well as by the pool. We never had any trouble finding a place either in the sun or the shade. Yes, the pools are cold, but it feels pretty good after baking in the sun. We only ate at the buffet. We have never been a fan of a la cartes (just who we are). Even after two weeks there was always something to eat. The food was the usual resort type fair, and was always hot and kept clean. (although people with small children who let them go and get their own food, need to clean up the mess they always leave behind) I am a very picky eater and so is my daughter and neither of us starved. The chef, Isaac, even came out and talked to us a few times. He's the sweetest guy ever. Wanted to know if we had any concerns or food allergies. If you are going as a young couple or a group of friends that want to party, this is NOT the place for you. There were really just families there and tons of kids. Some people may find them annoying, but honestly, they aren't my problem so I didn't give them a second thought. People also complained in previous reviews about the weird hair dryer. Yes, it looks weird.. does it dry your hair? Yes it does, so what's the problem? We also had to take our daughter to the hospital in Cancun due to an ear infection. The clinic at the resort was excellent. The dr saw us right away and set up an appointment with a specialist in Cancun that day. She called a cab for us and assured us he would wait with us at the hospital and bring us back as well. When we returned we were barely in the room when we got a call from the hotel asking if everything was alright and if we needed anything. Long story short, the resort was gorgeous, trees and animals everywhere, and I can't wait to go back next year. I miss the fresh donuts for breakfast, they were the best!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo