We booked 6 nights at the Del Mar on the recomendation of friends that had visited last year. We flew from Detriot to Cancun non-stop. Mexican Customs was a breeze and we moved QUCIKLY through the termnal to avoid the Time Share hawks. Its not as bad as I was expecting(about 150 feet from door to door). Once out side we located the Apple rep(Jorge), he was very helpful to our travel companions who had never experienced an all inclusive. We boarded the taxi van and were taken directly to the Del Mar. We started the vacation out right and got to know a very nice family from NYC who were orginally from Poland.
The entrace to the Iberostar complex is pretty amazing, from the high-way in the landscapeing is impressive. We were welcomed with open arms and ran into the only snag of the trip. We had booked a King room but they had us in a room with 2 full beds. The correction was handeled very quickly and we were very pleased with the room.
A wise lesson was learned our first night in the Lobby. A gentelman tried to take a shortcut around a potted fern by the pond, slipped and fell, gouging his knee badly. The hotel staff responded promptly but he eventually was taken by taxi to the hospital. The moral of that story is enjoy yourself but moderation is the key(your there for a week).
The food at the buffets was very good, lots of variaty and plenty of it. I admit I over did the Chili Rellenos on Mexican night and paid for it the next morning.(moderation is the key). The resturant near the beach had a great lunch every day( the small flat iron steaks were great). We visited 2 speciallty resurants the Japanese and the Steak House. Both were excellent.
We did take the Taxi in to Palya one moring but after shopping there and then visiting the shopping center we found that for a few extra dollars better quality goods could be found on site without haggleing and being bugged by the time share people.
Every staff member we met was very friendly and always helpful. The bartenders and wait staff really make for a fun day at the pool bar or and frendly eveing at the lobby bar. Try the Mohito at the pool bar.
We didnt even book an excusion, it was just to relaxing and fun to be on the beach or in the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico