We stayed from June 12-20 with our 9 & 10 year old boys. Overall we were very pleased with our choice of the Del Mar. It is a very solid 4+ star resort which is just what we expected.
RESORT - The resort is beautiful and very well maintained. Coatis, iguanas, peacocks, squirrels, raccoons and tropical birds abound. It is a large resort but easy to navigate. Unfortunately free Wi-Fi is not available anywhere on the resort. The kids were dissappointed that the Game Rooms consisted only of a few pool tables. All the staff was very helpful and friendly. The shopping center was nice and worth the visit (the food and sodas are free).
ROOMS - Room 1308 was in very good condition and in a great location for us. They kept our fridge stocked with plenty of bottled water, orange Fanta and Cokes. The air conditioner, television, shower and toilet all worked great. Even the beds and pillows were soft and very comfortable.
FOOD - The buffets were fair to good, about what we expect from an all-inclusive resort catering to many tastes. We enjoyed dinners at the Japanese, Steakhouse, Brazilian and Mediterranean restaurants. The Japanese and Steakhouse were our favorites. Lots of good meat at the Brazilian restaurant but it is outdoors so it was hot and too many flies around the appetizer buffet. Room service was very good. Our kids ordered chicken nuggets and tacos al carbon several times.
POOLS - Great pools. Something for everyone. There is always loud music and lots of action at the activity pool but there were other pools with plenty of nice quiet areas and lots of palapas.
BEACH - Fantastic! Rocky near the Activity Center but the next half mile is beatiful sand and water. Plenty of chairs and palapas. A grill on the beach offering a constant supply of hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken, and etc. Lots of Star Friend activities taking place in the beach area (i.e. bocce ball, soccer, volleyball, archery, target shooting). We had a blast on the waverunners (wear goggles) and the ATV tour. Vendors walking around selling goods and massages. Every day of our visit was a yellow flag day which was perfect for playing in the waves or just listening to the waves crash while laying out.
We recommend taking a long walk down the beach to the south. A natural shoreline with lots of driftwood and interesting items washed up on shore (one day a section of an airplane showed up on the rocks, I presume from a dive site.?).
We got a good deal through Apple Vacations and feel that our vacation at Del Mar was a great value. We would definetly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico