“WOW what a wonderful experience”

IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed at this resort in June 2012 an everything about this place was very nice. The food was very good. The pools were awesome and the beach was very nice. There were plenty of chairs at the pool and the lounge chairs had the huts on the beach. The entertainment was very good and there was entertainment for young adults. There were two swim up bars that we enjoyed very much and I don't drink alcohol. The rooms were nice and clean and the water pressure in the shower was good. I have been to the Cancun area many times and have always enjoyed myself but this resort was by far the nicest I have stayed at. I just got home yesterday and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank CherylTC
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and we are glad to hear that you enjoy your vacations since this is our main goal.

I will forward your comments to the person in charge of each department, since it’s a way to recognize the effort that they made in order to make your vacations more enjoyable.

We will be more than glad to welcome you back and enjoy again our premises and service.

Kindest Regards,

Quality manager
Iberostar Mexico

There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar

Reviewed 29 June 2012

This was my wife and I third trip to the Paraiso Del Mar in three years and will be our last simply to try somewhere differant. This is actually my first time reviewing the resort. First let me start by saying My wife and I are just easy going people from Texas but we do enjoy some of the finer things in life. This resort has fit us to a tee. We are the type that get up early and hang out at the pool, which is absolutely beautiful, or at the beach, which is absolutely beautiful. We eat the buffets for breakfast and lunch go to the restnts at night, game of cards in the lobby then off to bed. The reviews you will read about the food being average are probably written by people who have never eaten a buffet. It is good, hot or cold and certainly plentiful. Trust me you will find something you like no matter your taste of food. This place is fantastic. The grounds are gorgeous and extremly well maintained. The staff is very freindly and attentive to your every need. You will also read in some reviews that the resort is slow to respond to any situation you may have. DO NOT believe it. The people cater to your every need immediatly and much to your satisfaction that I promise. Take the trip trust me you will enjoy it.

9  Thank kapasomexico

Dear Sir,

On behalf of the Hotel Management we would like to thank you for your comments and also for your loyalty.

We are glad to know that you enjoy our services and facilities. I already past your comments to all the Managers of our Hotel in order to pass them to our Staff, he best reward that we could have for all the hard work our employees do is give all this compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work.

I would like to thank you again for all your comments and I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our resort sometime in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx if you need any assistance or request.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This is our fourth stay at this resort. I was shocked of how bad this hotel gotten since last year. We booked our vacation back in March and stayed June 15-24th. We got a one king size bed room for a family of 4. It took use 4 phone calls to front desk to get a rollaway bed and extra sheets for a futon. The room was in terrible shape - very low water pressure in the shower, blowdryer overheated after 2 minutes, rooms were not cleaned after 5 p.m. half the time. The food was also terrible at the buffet. The front dest service was rude and unattentive. The only thing remained good was enteratinment.
As happy as we were the first 3 stays, we were extremely dissapointed this time. It seems that the management is trying to cut cost at our expense. Unfortunately we will not be staying at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorik0509

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Iberostar and also the time you took sharing us your experience.
On behalf of the Hotel management we would like to apologize for the situations you experienced, since our main goal is the satisfaction of our clients.
We really appreciate your feedback and I would like to inform you that we are working with all the Managers of each department in order to improve our services and accommodations. I would also would like to assure you that for Iberostar this is not the treatment that we expect for our guest and due to that reason we are taking measures in order to prevent this to happen to any other guest.
Once again we deeply regret this situation and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel and restore your confidence in Iberostar, if this is the case please do not hesitate to contact us at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx in order to assist you before your arrival.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The resort in itself was very pretty, the pool was huge, entertainment was good...but the coati creatures were everywhere, I felt like I had to look over my shoulder everywhere I went..the transportation was fair, did alot of waiting and then the train broke down, so plan on doing alot of walking and wear comfortable shoes if your planning your vacation here.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent vacations and for the comments you sent us.
We appreciate the time you took to send us your feedback, since this provides us an open channel to improve our services and to reach our main goal, the complete satisfaction of all our clients.

We regret that the wild life was an inconvenience for you during your stay and that there were some issues with the transportation, please be sure that we will pass all this comments to the Departments involved in order to prevent this to happen to other guests in the future.

I sincerely hope that we could welcome you back to our Hotel soon and rediscover the beauty of our grounds and the service we are known by. If this is the case, please feel free to send us an email prior your vacation at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed at the Paraiso del Mar for a week in June with our three college-aged sons The entire staff was very friendly & accomodating, the rooms were clean, although very warm; air conditioning did not work well, the pools and beach were fantastic! The food and drinks were a BIG disappointment! We all ended up feeling sick; some of us even getting sick! Breakfast was good and the Japanese Steakhouse was great, but everything else was disappointing! Extremely greasy and flavorless dishes. Frozen drinks were watered down and only one draft beer available. The staff did a great job of offering a variety of daytime and evening activities for all ages both on and off the beach and it was impressive to see staff members invite guests to participate. If you are not concerned about the quality of food and drinks, then this would be a great choice in resorts.

1  Thank DiamondStar24

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all our staff we appreciate all the time you took to send your comments, since our main goal is the complete satisfaction of our clients, be sure we will pass all your feedback to all the departments to improve all our services, food, and quality.

I am glad to know that the staff did as much as they could to make you feel welcome and accommodated. It is disappointing to know you had some issues with the air conditioning and the room was not cold enough, regardless you enjoyed the pool and the beach activities with the Star Friends and the specialty restaurants as well. We are terribly sorry to hear that the food was not good enough, and also you ended up feeling sick while you were at the Hotel.

We are confident that if you give us another chance to rediscover the beauty of our ground and also the warm welcoming staff and service, you will have some everlasting memories and you will fully enjoy your vacations. If this is the case, please do not hesitate to contact us at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed from June 12-20 with our 9 & 10 year old boys. Overall we were very pleased with our choice of the Del Mar. It is a very solid 4+ star resort which is just what we expected.

RESORT - The resort is beautiful and very well maintained. Coatis, iguanas, peacocks, squirrels, raccoons and tropical birds abound. It is a large resort but easy to navigate. Unfortunately free Wi-Fi is not available anywhere on the resort. The kids were dissappointed that the Game Rooms consisted only of a few pool tables. All the staff was very helpful and friendly. The shopping center was nice and worth the visit (the food and sodas are free).

ROOMS - Room 1308 was in very good condition and in a great location for us. They kept our fridge stocked with plenty of bottled water, orange Fanta and Cokes. The air conditioner, television, shower and toilet all worked great. Even the beds and pillows were soft and very comfortable.

FOOD - The buffets were fair to good, about what we expect from an all-inclusive resort catering to many tastes. We enjoyed dinners at the Japanese, Steakhouse, Brazilian and Mediterranean restaurants. The Japanese and Steakhouse were our favorites. Lots of good meat at the Brazilian restaurant but it is outdoors so it was hot and too many flies around the appetizer buffet. Room service was very good. Our kids ordered chicken nuggets and tacos al carbon several times.

POOLS - Great pools. Something for everyone. There is always loud music and lots of action at the activity pool but there were other pools with plenty of nice quiet areas and lots of palapas.

BEACH - Fantastic! Rocky near the Activity Center but the next half mile is beatiful sand and water. Plenty of chairs and palapas. A grill on the beach offering a constant supply of hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken, and etc. Lots of Star Friend activities taking place in the beach area (i.e. bocce ball, soccer, volleyball, archery, target shooting). We had a blast on the waverunners (wear goggles) and the ATV tour. Vendors walking around selling goods and massages. Every day of our visit was a yellow flag day which was perfect for playing in the waves or just listening to the waves crash while laying out.

We recommend taking a long walk down the beach to the south. A natural shoreline with lots of driftwood and interesting items washed up on shore (one day a section of an airplane showed up on the rocks, I presume from a dive site.?).

We got a good deal through Apple Vacations and feel that our vacation at Del Mar was a great value. We would definetly recommend this resort.

5  Thank TexSuns

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the awesome comments of your recent stay at our Hotel.
We are glad to know that your recent vacation was overall and pleased. One of our goals is the complete satisfaction of our guests, we appreciate all your feedback since its an open channel to improve our services and to make sure our facilities provide the best relaxing-fun during vacations.

As per the resort, we are delighted to know that the ground are well kept and that you enjoyed some time by watching all the wild life at the resort. It is good to read that the room you had was in a good location and also that the housekeeper did a good job by keeping you comfortable every day with the amenities and beverages at the room.

Regarding the food, we feel deeply sorry to hear that the buffet food was not good enough to delight you, be sure we will pass all your feedback to the Chef in order to improve the quality and selection at the Hotel. It seems that the specialty restaurants were well flavored enough to satisfy you, we will make sure they keep the same track to offer tasty food for all our guests.

We would really appreciate if we could welcome you to our premises in a near future, please if this is the case, send us an email to rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx prior to your vacations, be sure there is much more we could do to make your stay memorable.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 24 June 2012

First of all let me start by saying, this hotel is amazing, but I believe all Iberostars are, the staff were the best I've experienced, they couldn't do enough for you! The restaurants were great, particularly the Japanese, the entertainment staff were lovely and all the bar staff were on top form all day everyday!
The bell boys were also great shuttelling everyone around! :)

The only negative things were the amount of mosquito bites we got and the loud/rude guests (Americans) we encounted! There were parents giving kids alcohol and mostly passing out and being carried up from the pool bar, the staff did all the could to discourage and stop this behaviour, but there's not much they can do when it is the parents passing on the drinks!

The restaurants I would rank as 1.Japanese. 2. Medatarainian 3. Italian 4. Brazilian 5. Steak 6. Mexican

The shows on a night time were okay very entertaining but we tended to sit in the lobby bar and then go dance in the disco which is surprisingly good!

I really do love Iberostars and this one is as good as the Others I've stayed in across Europe and the carribbean!

The settings are fabulous, surrounded by jungle but right on a beautiful beach! And lots of wildlife to spot!

Highly reccomend you go to this resort, and if you are worried about how big it is don't be there are constant shuttles taking you anywhere in the resort!

Have a wonderful holiday :)

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank PrincessLKA

Dear Madame,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay at our premises and the amazing review you did of your vacations.

The Staff would be amazed with all your comments, since they do their best to make all the guests feel like home, and even better. We are glad you had the chance to visit all the specialty restaurants and you have enjoyed them all!

We apologize you had experienced some issues at the pool caused by other guests, be sure all our staff will do their best to avoid this to happen. As its paradise, our grounds should look astonishing all the time, the gardening department work really hard to make sure you feel comfortable and jungle surrounded.

We would really appreciate to welcome you to our IBEROSTAR, since you are a loyal customer, please feel free to email us at rpparaiso@iberostar.com.mx prior your vacations, I’m sure there is more we could do to make your vacations the best.

Kindest Regards,

Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Ocean Riviera Paradise
Ocean Riviera Paradise
#72 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!