My husband and I just returned from a week at Iberostar Paraiso del Mar.
Sadly, we came to discover the resort has gone downhill tremendously.
We are a very laid back couple.
Not everything will go perfectly and you have to remember you are at an all inclusive. We are not what I would consider picky by any means.
- Grounds kept very clean
- Beach has area roped off where it is "safe" to swim
- Pool is huge with lots of areas whether you want to be in the social mix or peace and quiet
- Rooms are decent size (we were in the standard) and the AC worked really well
- Resort is huge but there are plenty of golf carts if you want to grab a ride
- Front desk accommodated our request for room in the center of the resort and an early check in (best experience we had there)
- Woke up Tuesday morning to a loud band in bathroom. Water was leaking down from the ceiling. We called maintenance and they hadn't showed before we had to leave for our excursion so we had to pile towels on floor to catch the water. No one ever even followed up with us after. There was still water dripping when we got back but it was minimal. Kept towels on floor remainder of stay
- Refrigerator was leaking. No one ever came to address it.
-We had to request extra water every single day and it would take hours before it arrived
- Room was not cleaned one day by 4:30 when we came back. We opted to just ask for clean towels because we wanted to snooze before dinner
- A la carte restaurants were sub par at best. The food at the buffet was better! We were able to get reservations at Mexican (worst), Japanese, and Brazilian. We tried everyday to get into Steakhouse but they couldn't acommodate us. We did get into the Japanese steakhouse and it was awful.The chef was using the same spatula to handle the raw meat AND veggies/rice
- Coatis. They are everywhere. I am an animal lover but it is unsettling when they are trying to jump on your table to get to your food. This happened to us at the buffet by the pool, as well as the snack bar by the beach. People feeding them despite signs that say no to doesn't help
- Massages on beach - Booked us at same time as wedding so music was literally blaring in the hut as that is where the stereo was. I feel bad that the couple has us half naked getting massages as back drop to their wedding and it was less than relaxing for us. Wedding was 5 steps away from us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico