This is me and my girlfriends first trip to an all-inclusive and I must say, I am very impressed. I'll start out with the positives. We just got back today and had a direct flight through Apple Vacations which was very nice. Our rooms were excellent, the shower was one of those walk-in types which was beautiful. The housekeeping kept everything very tidy every day while we were out and about and the fridge was always stocked. We even left a note requesting them to take the coca-cola out and leave us only beer and water, which they did. The service around the resort was outstanding, every employee was extremely helpful and genuinely seemed to want to help you any way they could. They said that we only were to receive 3 ala carte dinners, which we made reservations for, but the nights that we didn't have reservations for, we simply went to one of the restaurants that we wanted to try and asked if they had any cancellations. We ended up eating at the restaurants each night. Our favorites were the Steakhouse, Brazilian, and Gourmet, but you really can't go wrong with any of them, they were all fantastic. The chef at the Hibachi was the most talented chef I've ever seen, and I've been to plenty of Hibachi at home, I just didn't think the quality of the meat was that great there, but the show was excellent. The pool was huge, the beach was beautiful and sandy (I brought water shoes afraid of a rocky beach, but didn't use them once). You can snorkel right off shore by the old pier that goes off the beach. The drinks at the lobby bar were by far the best at the resort, I definitely recommend going there for premium liquors. We didn't make it to the "clubs" at night at the shopping center area, so I can't comment on how the night life is there.
Now on to the few minor things that I would say could use some improvement, but they are by no means deal-breakers. The drinks at the lobby bar were excellent, but everywhere else, they left something to be desired. I don't think that the mix they use is is very good, but this is of no fault of the staff. They work very hard to make you anything you ask for. Second, was that when we first got to our room, our air conditioning wouldn't get very cold, our mini-fridge wouldn't get that cold, and our ceiling fan would turn off in the middle of the night. We told the front desk and they sent someone right away to replace our fridge, program the thermostat down, and fix our fan. Kudos to Iberostar for promptly addressing these issues for us. The food at the buffet's was average at best. I found myself eating an omelet each morning and picking at a few things for lunch, but the excellent dinners at the ala carte restaurants made us look past this. Each night, I was absolutely stuffed by the end of dinner.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this resort. For the price, we were very happy with what we got. I'm already looking forward to our next trip to Iberostar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico