I spent 5 nights at this resort. The grounds are immaculate, very lush property with tons of wildlife walking around (peacocks, even an albino peacock, flamingos, coatis, macaws, swans, turtles etc), which I loved. It is a large property so if you stay in rooms near the lobby it could be quite a walk to the pool/beach. The staff are very friendly, and the rooms and bathrooms are kept very clean. Our toilet leaked a bit, but we never told the hotel as it wasn't a big problem, we just threw a towel down daily and it was fine.
We liked the buffet and the a la cartes - lots of selection, good desserts and great service. I would recommend making reservations as soon as you arrive as they fill up quickly.
The plaza paraiso mall is great. Very close to the lobby, we loved the taco place and the crepes place is alright too. They have some great shops and the wifi is excellent here and most importantly, FREE. They also have performances here some nights - we happened upon a mayan dance which was interesting.
Some points I'd like to note:
- Hard to flag down shuttles. Often we would try to flag shuttles down, and they would either keep on going or motion in the opposite direction. Often there were not shuttles stationed in front of the hotel. On our last day, we called to schedule a shuttle in the morning, and it did not show up on time, so I called again to remind them about the booking. When the shuttle finally showed up, it only had a baggage cart in the back and no seating for us, so we walked to the lobby and our bags were driven there, a bit odd.
- When we arrived in the morning, we had to wait a few hours to get our rooms, so I asked where the luggage room was. The staff said I could leave my bag with the bellboys up front, I said 'are you sure there is no luggage room?' and they said yes. I was a bit concerned leaving my bags out in the open, especially because I didn't see a bellboy permanently stationed up front. On the day I left, my sunwing rep told me I could check out and leave my bags in the luggage room. Turns out there IS a luggage room, but when I checked in, the hotel staff never told me about the luggage room.
- Also when I checked in, it would have been nice if the staff told me where the buffet was so I could go grab something to eat. I feel like when we were checked in, no one told us what to do with our luggage or where we could eat. We were just given a brochure, our wristbands and room cards, and left to our own devices. At other resorts I have been to, the check-in staff have pointed me towards where I can leave bags, eat, get a drink etc.
- We got used to eating breakfast at the beach grill, which opens at 7 a.m. On our last day, we showed up at 7 a.m. as per usual, however it was closed. No signs were posted saying why it was closed, they just had the closed signs up. The beach grill is very far from the breakfast buffet in the main building, so I wish they had put up some kind of notice in the lobby or somewhere explaining that the beach grill would be closed on this day so we wouldn't have walked so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico