“Pat & Jan had a "Great Time" again”

IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Pat & Jan had a "Great Time" again”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thank you everybody at the Del Mar --- from the Front Counter Staff / Bell Boys / Servers / Bartenders / Maids / Star Players you made our trip super great. My wife & I have been at this Resort & the Paraiso Beach many times since 2004 --- approx. 20 t0 22 times. This is one of the BEST Resort's for the money --- it is always clean (rooms / grounds / pool ) --- Food is good / above average. The Property is big but very beautiful --- you can always call a bellboy to pick you up in a cart if you are not a walker. I would suggest doing the upgrade to the rooms on the beach --- it is nice wakening. up to the ocean view

Room Tip: Rooms on the Beach or near the Beach and the Pool
3 Thank Patrick Z
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear guests,

On behalf of the staff & management of IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We are more than glad to know you visited us once again in the Riviera Maya! It is a pleasure that you enjoyed a fantastic vacation and your experience was amazing. We will share your nice comments with the members of the staff. To receive such praise is very encouraging.

We are looking forward to your next visit to our Hotel!

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a big property, try to stay in a building in the middle. Pool and beach are very nice. Bars close early on the beach and pools. The staff is very nice, and will chat with you and even teach you some other languages.

1 Thank Leela L
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your last vacations in Mexico.

We are more than glad to know that your recent stay was so positive and you enjoyed the grounds, services, facilities and the pools & beach. All our team work hard every day to make sure our guests enjoy an unforgettable experience.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you in the near future so that you can, once again, experience our friendly service.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the first resort I have ever stayed in, but my first experience has set the bar way above any of my expectations! The staff were all friendly and attentive, the grounds and room were clean and kept very well, the food was delicious and the entertainment/activities were fun! I would recommend this resort as your place of destination to anyone!

1 Thank Mary B
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Staff of IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

It is a pleasure to know that you found the Hotel, grounds, Staff and the entire atmosphere very relaxing and enjoyable. We are glad that our hard work made your stay unforgettable and you would recommend our Hotel.

We will be looking forward to your next stay at our hotel!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I spent 5 nights at this resort. The grounds are immaculate, very lush property with tons of wildlife walking around (peacocks, even an albino peacock, flamingos, coatis, macaws, swans, turtles etc), which I loved. It is a large property so if you stay in rooms near the lobby it could be quite a walk to the pool/beach. The staff are very friendly, and the rooms and bathrooms are kept very clean. Our toilet leaked a bit, but we never told the hotel as it wasn't a big problem, we just threw a towel down daily and it was fine.

We liked the buffet and the a la cartes - lots of selection, good desserts and great service. I would recommend making reservations as soon as you arrive as they fill up quickly.

The plaza paraiso mall is great. Very close to the lobby, we loved the taco place and the crepes place is alright too. They have some great shops and the wifi is excellent here and most importantly, FREE. They also have performances here some nights - we happened upon a mayan dance which was interesting.

Some points I'd like to note:
- Hard to flag down shuttles. Often we would try to flag shuttles down, and they would either keep on going or motion in the opposite direction. Often there were not shuttles stationed in front of the hotel. On our last day, we called to schedule a shuttle in the morning, and it did not show up on time, so I called again to remind them about the booking. When the shuttle finally showed up, it only had a baggage cart in the back and no seating for us, so we walked to the lobby and our bags were driven there, a bit odd.
- When we arrived in the morning, we had to wait a few hours to get our rooms, so I asked where the luggage room was. The staff said I could leave my bag with the bellboys up front, I said 'are you sure there is no luggage room?' and they said yes. I was a bit concerned leaving my bags out in the open, especially because I didn't see a bellboy permanently stationed up front. On the day I left, my sunwing rep told me I could check out and leave my bags in the luggage room. Turns out there IS a luggage room, but when I checked in, the hotel staff never told me about the luggage room.
- Also when I checked in, it would have been nice if the staff told me where the buffet was so I could go grab something to eat. I feel like when we were checked in, no one told us what to do with our luggage or where we could eat. We were just given a brochure, our wristbands and room cards, and left to our own devices. At other resorts I have been to, the check-in staff have pointed me towards where I can leave bags, eat, get a drink etc.
- We got used to eating breakfast at the beach grill, which opens at 7 a.m. On our last day, we showed up at 7 a.m. as per usual, however it was closed. No signs were posted saying why it was closed, they just had the closed signs up. The beach grill is very far from the breakfast buffet in the main building, so I wish they had put up some kind of notice in the lobby or somewhere explaining that the beach grill would be closed on this day so we wouldn't have walked so far.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank thatgirlyouknow
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for your vacations in Mexico.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the grounds, the wildlife and the entire atmosphere around the natural environment.

Thank you for your remarks about the food, the different restaurants available and the service from the staff. We regret that you found some issues with the transportation and the information given by the bell boys and at the Front Desk, we will share your feedback with the Front Desk manager to verify what happened and also to make sure we reinforce training sessions to avoid these issues in the future.

We hope to have the chance once again to welcome you back and enjoy another IBEROSTAR experience.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great beach, great hotel, nice services. However, I was disappointed with their taxi service. One of their driver wanted to let us a the wrong destination and lied to us.
Also, we got the information from travel agency that we had snorkeling material available for free. So, I didn’t took mine. Now, when you are on the place, the diving club only let it to you for one hour and then they will charge you.
For the rest, I recommend the place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick19791234
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and the Staff of IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

It is great to know that you had an amazing stay, that you enjoyed the beach, services we offer at the Hotel, and the Staffs’ will to serve. We regret to know that you experienced issues with the taxi service; we will inform them your feedback to verify this situation.

As per the snorkel, we offer at the Hotel this service without a charge for one hour per day, we apologize you did not receive this information from your travel agency.

We sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back and restore your confidence in IBEROSTAR.

Truly yours,

Toronto
Reviewed 25 May 2014

very good people, Maria Polinar the lady who cleaned our Room every days she was fantastic, can't ask for more.

Maria the girl who was sometimes working serving at the dinning area, chef gustabo, and Pedro at the Brazilian Restaurant, Luciana who is one the best in the public Relations DEPT. and many more people that we had the good fortune to meet.

1 Thank Sam V
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Staff & Management of our IBEROSTAR we would like to thank you for choosing us for your recent vacations.

We are more than glad to know that your experience was great and enjoyable. Our Staff will be truly honored by reading your nice review and this will motivate all of them to offer the same amazing service and achieve our main goal, the complete satisfaction of our guests.

We sincerely hope we have the chance to welcome you again and make sure you have another unforgettable vacation.

Truly yours,

IBEROSTAR Mexico.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Fantastic beach with very clear water so no problem seeing rocks on the bottom when swimming. Friendly and helpful staff everywhere in the resort. Buffet food is what you would expect, so don't be too particular and you should be able to find something that works for you. Tip: Make dinner reservations at specialty restaurants on your arrival day because they are very good. Brazilian, Italian and Japanese were our favorite.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Donna B
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your recent vacations and for sharing your experience with us.

It is gratifying to know that our service, Staff, grounds, facilities and the entire Resort made your vacations an unforgettable experience. Our Staff will be truly happy to welcome you back again and enjoy once more our service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#75 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 213 in Playa del Carmen

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!