“Wonderful honeymoon!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Zhukovsky, Russia
“Wonderful honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We spent wonderful two weeks in Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar! The territory is green and full of different birds and animals. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is also great! Thanks a lot for the unforgettable holiday!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management, we would like to thank you for trusting IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for this very special occasion.

We are more than glad that your recent stay with us was wonderful and that you enjoyed our wildlife which makes our resort so special. We love to receive reviews like yours since they are a great motivational tool for our staff.

We sincerely hope to have the chance once again to welcome you back, so that you can enjoy another fantastic stay.

Truly yours,
IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (845)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This entire comment is my opinion. I go to Mexico every year on holiday, and have done so for the last nine years. Needless to say I have been at many resorts. This was the worst resort I have ever been to. I just walked into my nice clean air-conditioned home and needed to take a shower to get the resort off me. I have never been so happy to get home from a vacation. It was a complete nightmare. When I first got to the resort nobody would help me. After an hour and a half of standing around in the lobby trying to checkin, I finally dragged my bags through the jungle to my room. It took me about 45 minutes and I was covered in sweat by the time I got to my room. A terrible way to start a vacation. The resort is very dirty, and they do not pick up anything on a regular basis. Even though I was in a junior ocean view suite, they
told me I did not pay enough to have my room colder and they would not let me turn the air down. The room was the worst I have had in nine years of going to Mexico. It was old and dirty looking and dirty feeling. The ocean view was terrible and the balcony gross. I did not spend one second on the balcony and typically when I go to Mexico I am on the balcony most of the time. The room that I got was not what I paid for according
to the travel agent I booked with. The staff acted like
everything was a bother anytime I asked them for anything. The making reservations for dinner is a complete joke. You don't get that many opportunities to make reservations. And you are not allowed to make a reservation every night. If you don't make reservations you get the same meal over and over and over again in the buffets which, is terrible food. When you call for service, they conveniently forget you called make you wait an hour to call back and then act like they don't know what you're talking about. It took me 55 minutes to get a golf cart to pick me up to take my daughter to be the onsite medical doctor. In the end, my daughter got
some kind of bacterial infection from the pool. I am so disappointed I opted for this
hotel instead of going to the dreams which is where I always go. Please take my advice, go book at the dreams. I have stayed at dreams across Mexico on five occasions and I have
never been disappointed with
the food or the facilities. I hope someone doesn't read my
review book here anyway and go home like I am now having wasted $4500. Again, this
review is all my opinion.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
19 Thank Kiwitiggy
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had a week vacation with my family and friend here in July. This is my second time I went to all inclusive hotel in Mexico. This time in Iberostar was such a disappointment. I had really bad experience with some staff in reception area. The hotel seems like not well organized and managed. When problem arises,there was no manager for me to talk with but some other staff tried to protect for each other and did not solve problem. They provided wrong info for the customer and over changed the customer at the check out day.
Pros: variety of food, some staff (dinning and room cleaning) were very nice,
Cons: too hot in most of the areas due to open spaces and no AC(buffer restaurants and lobbies), my room temperature was not cool enough, some staff were rude to the customer, very unorganized. the beach was dirty. Tons of mosquitos in the evening so dining in buffet restaurants at night was not enjoyable, especially with children. Hard to reserve special restaurants even they have lots of opened tables. Lots of walking in very hot weather. Bad drinks. Not a lots of kid activities.
My bad experience: I lost my child's floating vest and some hotel towels and other stuff when I left them on chairs on the beach and pool. We really need to the floating vest for my son to swing in the pool and ocean so that we asked the lost and found office 3 times in 3 different days and they said they did not see them. The towel room said it was ok if we lost the towels because the staff usually collected the towels at night and we only need to tell the front desk to get other towel card without chard. The last day we check out, they charged us the towel fee we lost and they gave us back the floating vest (why gave us back the floating vest at the last day????). The way they explained the situation was mean and one of the staff was very rude. I just feel like this hotel try to rib off as much as possible once time and they don't want the customer to come back after the first time. I would not recommend anyone to come to this hotel. Very bad managed hotel . Some bad attitude staff in reception.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel if you don't want leaving the hotel with bad experience.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Smiling P
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear client,

On behalf of the Management, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your recent vacations.

First of all, we would like to apologize for any dissatisfaction occurred during your stay at our hotel, your comments were referred to our Management to review our standards and work on improving our services.

Please receive our apologies for the lack of attention about your inconvenience and the way it was resolved. We also regret the lack of information that was given at the resort. Our staff is committed to providing a high quality of service, and this experience was definitely not what our guests are used to.

Please be assured that we will take corrective actions with the purpose of improving our service and to make our customers feel like home.

If you decided to return to our resort, we will be honored to welcome you back to show you the improvements that we are constantly making.

Feasterville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have been back four days and miss it already! The pool was amazing, biggest pool I've ever seen, never too crowded. The beach was beautiful. The food was ok at the buffets but the Gourmet, Japanese and Italian restaurants were delicious. The only downside to my vacation was I accidently left my camera case, with camera and memory cards, on a chair in the main lobby at the end of one night. Whoever found it did not have a heart and turn it in. It not only had all my pictures from this vacation but tons of other memories. Other than that, awesome vacation, nice place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Peggy F
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for posting a review about your last experience at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar.

We are truly happy that you had a wonderful experience at our premises and having dinner in our specialty restaurants. Thank you for mentioning the service at the Gourmet, Japanese and Italian restaurants, the Executive Chef will be truly glad to read your review.

We are really sorry to learn that you lost your camera at the lobby with all your pictures. These situations are always upsetting.

We would be very happy to welcome you back in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Ignore bad reviews and give this resort a chance. You will be pleasantly surprised. Entertainment group is perfect.Food is OK. Beach and pool rocks. Loved the fact that I did not have to dress up for the restaurants.

Room Tip: Building 13 is close to the pool and beach. Little bit of walk from the buffet never bothered us.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Zauus1
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management of IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar and their staff, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We are more than glad that you took the time to share your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that our service, food and the beach and pools were so enjoyable.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future so that you can enjoy again another great vacation.

Mansfield TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We travelled with my in laws and our teenage daughters. With that large of a spread in ages, we were worried that everyone would have a good time. Look no further than the Iberostar! Lots to do for all. The resort is large...very large. The pool goes on forever. Beach is expansive with plenty of chairs. Food stations throughout. Plenty of bar options including 3 swim ups.

The food was very good by Mexico standards. We really enjoyed the Japanese steak house. Drinks were delish. Beer, sodas and water in the mini bars. Room service was also available.

Entertainment was great. They put on big shows at night. The disco was BIG. The shopping mall at the adjacent property (which was open to any iberostar guest) had a great little taco bar, coffee bar, ice cream parlor and more. The pool has it's own shop in case you forgot a float or sunscreen.

The rooms were good sized and tastefully decorated. Marble baths with walk in locker room shower. Nice patio. Beds were very firm but I've experienced that at the dozen other Mexican resorts I've stated at.

Very friendly staff...lots of smiling faces. All in all no complaints. Good job Iberostar...mucho gracias for a great vacation experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank cubmanruss
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management, we would like to thank you for staying at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar for your last visit to Mexico. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers.

We are happy to see that your stay was very enjoyable and you had lot of fun with your family. We appreciate your mention of the services, facilities, food, pools and beach that we have at the hotel for our guests.

We are already looking forward to your next visit to Mexico.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We just got back from our trip to Iberostar Paraiso del Mar and we miss it already! We were blown away by the beautiful grounds, spacious hotel rooms and friendly staff. The weather was hot and humid, but the pools and beach kept everyone cooled off. The food might not have been amazing, but there were many options and we never left the buffet hungry. We enjoyed the specialty restaurants. The bars were great and we always had a drink in hand! The staff at Iberostar was friendly and fun and made us feel so welcome. The pools were huge and there were always fun activities going on. We recommend getting up early to save a poolside cabana and chairs. The beach was also gorgeous and we enjoyed taking out a catamaran and sailing in the Caribbean. Although our room was a bit far from the pool/beach, we didn't mind walking along the shady and paved paths. We loved the "jungle" feel and all of the animals and wildlife. The night shows were also a lot of fun and we especially enjoyed "Boogie Night"! The resort was great for couples or families with children of all age. Overall we had an amazing time and will definitely be returning!!!! Thank you Iberostar for a great vacation!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Gaby L
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for your vacations.

We are thrilled to learn that your stay was so enjoyable. The staff will be more than glad to hear that their service and friendliness made your stay unforgettable.

We are already looking forward to your next visit to our hotel!

Truly yours,
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
#22 of 181 in Cancun
4.5 of 5 bubbles 20,392 reviews

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!