“FUN FUN FUN”

IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was are first trip to mexico. Our travel agent suggested this place and we are so glad she did, everything was great, the staff was outstanding in all areas, the people who work to entertain day and night do an excellent job!! Are favorite was Ricky!! The place is very clean and well maintianed, The daily pool parties are a blast you can get real involved your just hang out and observe. The food was great , the steak house and the japanese were the best! make your reservations when you first arrive. There are 5 hotels. we stayed at the Paraiso Delmar.
Excellent!!

Room Tip: If you like the beach stay around building 13-15 if you like to be near the pools and resturants 16...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryAnn O
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and our staff we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

It is gratifying to see how you appreciated the attentiveness and friendliness of our staff, especially Ricky from our Entertainment Department, and that you enjoyed our pool party as well as the Steakhouse & Japanese restaurants.

We trust you will give us again the opportunity to stay at IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar on your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My first all-inclusive so I knew most of what to expect. But was constantly surprised by what I hadn't read.

As in other reviews- This is one of 5 connected resorts of differing classes & amenities, which offers many shared perks, so it's ENORMOUS. Which could mean lots of walking or trying to get a little shuttle. Our rooms (building 18) was pretty far from the Shopping-center area but still only about 5 min walk to get free wifi as well as cook-to-order taqueria, hamburger place, ice-cream & crepe place, coffee/pastry/sandwich place, small cigar bar, night clubs (one adult, one teen), as well as shops, pharmacy, etc...

Also had no idea that there is a nightly, family-friendly, Vegas style show put on, every night with a different theme. And they know what they're doing, live band, choreographed dances... Then at 11pm one of the buffets opens back up, with more limited selection, but still... Nice for that midnight snack.

The beach was very quiet at night since most everyone was up toward the front of the resorts where all the action, food, and drink are, so it was nice to go down & hear the waves crash with almost no one around.

There was one super nice cigar-bar with large leather chairs, A/C, that we didn't really discover until next to last day (5 day trip) and I brought cigars, so this was awesome, since it was extremely humid this time of year. (The cubans they sell will cost you so get a travel-humidor & bring your own if so inclined)

The reservation restaurants: Depending on season- ASK which ones are inside with A/C... One night we were at the Steakhouse and it was outside. Food was only ok, but not worth sitting outside & sweating while trying to eat & enjoy. BUT, the Mediterranean place was awesome- one entree is steak & lobster tail- Loved it. They try to up-sale you on the wine. Do it if you want, but house wine was fine with me for sure. Other guests we talked to let us in on how good the Japanese place is, so we regretted not going there instead of Steakhouse.

In short, would go back with out any hesitancy or second thought! Booked through Apple Vacations & very glad we did- No real hassles as they have reps onsite. We did have to wait a bit to get our transport to the resort, but not longer than 30 min. But since they handle & include the transport to & from, no complaint.

Very popular for families, so yes, there's kids around, but couples & singles should like it also. Maybe not 1st choice for honeymoon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank Keifuz

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management of the hotel IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your holidays among us so much.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed all our services, as the facilities of the shopping center, cigar bar and the peace and serenity of our beach. Furthermore, it cheers us up to know that you liked our shows and that you highlighted the dancers' professionalism.

We feel privileged to have had the opportunity to serve you. We truly hope to welcome you back and enjoy once again our warm atmosphere and service.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband, 13 year old son and I stayed here at the end of July. We booked our vacation through Apple Vacations. First off when we checked in - I was asked if we wanted 2 double beds or 1 King with sofa (not sofa bed). Obviously when making our reservation we requested two beds. Even though they asked I was then told they did not have any rooms with two beds available and that they could "upgrade me" to a room that is normally $150 a night for $70 a night. Why would I want to pay for what I already reserved. We ended up in a room with a king and sofa which was fine, as sofa was almost size of twin bed once cushions were off of the back. Also at check in I was surprised that we were limited to the number of reservations we could have for dinner, apparently if you stayed at either the Lindo or Palace you could go every night. When I went to make our two reservations that we were allowed, no one was ever at desk (always a sign that said be back in 10 minutes). Finally after checking back 3 times and then waiting 25 minutes I went and knocked on door of office for the people to make the reservations with. He was very aggrevated that I did that and told me another 5 minutes. When I explained I was already waiting 25 minutes he then went to desk with me to make our reservations. I thought he was rude and then told me there were no reservations available for the restaurants we wanted. I made the reservations for places we did not want to go and we couldn't go till 9pm for both. Luckily our 3rd day there we met a family that told us about a cancellation list we could go on and we were able to get into the restaurants we wanted once I asked about that. The best part about the resort was the grounds were beautiful and it seemed to be very clean. I would suggest to make your reservations as soon as you check in or you won't get them. The buffet food is just OK at best.

Room Tip: Wifi only free at shopping center.
4  Thank SueF673

Dear client,

First of all we would like to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments are really important to us since they provide useful information to work on.

As per your check-in, we apologize for not being able to fulfill your request from the beginning of your stay. This cannot be guaranteed in advance as it depends on availability on the day of the check in but the Front Desk Manager always does his best to accommodate. In any case, we apologize about the misunderstanding. We will be reviewing this with Management.

We are sorry about the incident with the desk to make your dinner reservations and especially with the attitude described which in no way represents the service we aim to offer to our guests. Please know that we have a new Customer Service Training Department which is totally focused on organizing sessions to work on our opportunity areas. Our apologies, once again.

We sincerely hope to have the chance to restore your confidence in IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a great time. We made reservations immediately and got into the Mediterranean, Brazilian, and Japanese. All were very good. We also had a dinner on the beach because we booked through Apple vacations. Overall we thought the food was good and our party of 7 never left hungry. We were never too hot in any of the outdoor buffets even in the August heat.

My 10 year old twins enjoyed soccer, beach volleyball and the pool games. The beach was beautiful, a couple of days some seaweed did come in and the water was a little less clear. The resort worked hard to rake it up and by mid afternoon the beach was back to the beautiful blue color.

We liked the Boogie Nights show the best out of the shows that we saw.

The staff kept the resort amazingly clean and were very friendly. The bartenders were great with my 10 year old boys who constantly wanted another strawberry daiquiri. The star friends worked hard to provide entertainment all day.

We did an excursion to Xcarat and Chichen Itza through the apple rep at the resort and both were great!

We had an amazing time at Iberostar and can't wait to return some day.

Room Tip: We were in building 14 and it was a great location. You can call the front desk and have them lower...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank micheleinohio
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar to spend your latest holidays.

We appreciate your review describing your wonderful experience. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our specialty restaurants; especially the Mediterranean, Japanese & Brazilian, and that your children enjoyed our activities at the beach and pool directed by our Animation staff.

We love these comments since they encourage us to work harder to keep offering the outstanding service that IBEROSTAR' guests have always been used to.

We are happy to read that you plan to come back, and as such, we are looking forward to it!

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our family vacation got off to a bad start as our flight do Mexico was delayed for over 10 hours at O’Hare airport. After arriving at the airport at 6:30 am we finally departed at 5:30pm. Our Apple rep said they had contacted the hotel to inform them we would be arriving late and that there should not be any problems. We finally go to the hotel at 11:00pm and the person at the desk welcomed us and told us they were expecting us. He quickly checked us into our rooms and had a porter waiting with a golf cart to bring us to our rooms. The process probably took less than 10 minutes which was greatly appreciated. He also said the buffet was re-opened for late night dining so we could get dinner. We didn’t know they did that so the information was welcome.

When we got to our rooms, there was a problem in that both rooms had king sized beds. For my wife and I that wasn’t an issue, but not the best arrangements for our 2 sons (20 and 23). The rooms were also not in the building we requested, but that was not as important. The porter called the front desk and explained the situation immediately. After a discussion, he told us there were not any rooms available that night as the resort was totally booked, but they would put us in different rooms the next day. All we had to do was leave our packed cases in the room when we left and they would take care of everything. I went to the desk in the morning to make sure everything was still on track and talked to Carla. After giving her my name, she said she heard all about our trip and told me that she was sorry it had gotten off to a bad start. She then gave me our new room numbers and asked that I check back with her after lunch and she would let me know the status. She said to feel free to use the rooms as long as our suitcases were still there and the room hadn’t been cleaned. By 1:00pm the next day, our cases were in different rooms (1 king and 1 with 2 queens) and in the building we originally requested. Other than turning in our old keys and getting new keys, I didn’t have to do anything. What a relief, I was really expecting that I was going to have to explain the situation all over.

By the end of the day we were in full vacation mode and most thoughts of the previous day were gone with a few boat drinks. We met so many fabulous employees during our stay. One of our favorites was Lionel at the beach bar. He was not only fast, but always happy to see everyone. All the bartenders, desk staff, porters and restaurant workers were more than friendly and definitely helpful. I wish I had written down their names so I could mention them here.

The rooms are very nice. Everything was always cleaned well with folded towel animals on the bed every afternoon. The pool area is huge although since it winds around, you may not even realize how big it is. The restaurants are good although I prefer the ones that are air-conditioned. We ate at the shopping area one night, the taco bar and margarita stops are a must.

This was our 4th trip to the Paraiso del Mar (5th overall to the Playa del Mar complex, we also stayed at the Lindo once) and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The higher building numbers are closer to the lobby, most restaurants and shopping. Lower numbers a...
1  Thank Bill_DCPF
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear client,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty towards IBEROSTAR. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your opinion on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to have delivered you a fabulous vacation; despite the inconvenience that you experienced at the beginning with your flight.

It is lovely to know that you were able to get the rooms that you requested. We will congratulate Carla for having assisted you with this and for making it as easy as possible for you.

Furthermore, we appreciate your highlight about how efficient and helpful our staff is, especially Lionel. Be sure that we will congratulate him for a job well done.

Once again, thank you for your important feedback. We truly hope to welcome you back to IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar again.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

One of the cleanest, most beautiful resorts I have visited. The staff was amazing, friendly and always looking to help. My only complaint is the restaurant reservations. We were told they were full but upon checking the place ourselves they were empty. But that is such a small thing. The pool, the rooms, the beach, the service, the food, the drinks, everything was amazing. I can't wait to go back!!! Thank you!!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank kennyb88

Distinguished guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for the opportunity you gave us by choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for your vacation.

We are pleased to have delivered what is required for you to have a fabulous vacation; this is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they make us feel confident we are on the right track, and motivate us to improve our service daily.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the pools, the beach, the food and our different facilities.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and offer you once again our warm hospitality.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just got back from a week stay, 2 couples with 2 children, ages 8 & 9. I consider myself fairly well traveled, but this was my first stay at an Iberostar. Muy Excellente! What stands out here is the customer service, beautifully manicured grounds, huge swimming pool, wonderful wildlife everywhere, entertainment for all ages, lovely & clean beach and wonderful food!

Best Service: A huge thank you to Concierge Israel who made our stay most enjoyable! You can tell he enjoys his job and went out of his way to make us feel very well taken care of. He is a wealth of knowledge and goes the extra mile to make you feel really welcomed and important. This is a great place because of people like him!

Grounds: The place is spotless, from the landscapers out at 6am trimming the coconut trees to the guy scrubbing the pool tiles with a small brush one morning- they work very hard. Smiles and greetings from everyone you encounter. The only thing that bugged me on cleanliness (not the hotel’s fault) were smokers putting out their cigarettes wherever they wanted and smoking in the pool. YES, walking in the pool with cigarettes dangling...I found that rude and obnoxious and wished there were a rule for that. Fortunately not many smokers here.

Pool activities every day - should you choose to participate. Water Aerobics, football, basketball competitions, dancing...you name it. The same staff work the theatre shows at night and put a lot of energy and time into making it fun for kids and adults. Laura and all the guys who work the entertainment are wonderful. Children are made to feel welcomed everywhere, including the swim up bar where my 2 spent a lot of time asking for virgin drinks! Kudos to the bar staff and restaurant servers & bussers who work so hard. TIP: Even tho this is all inclusive, be a kind traveler and tip these people please. Leave money for the girl who cleans your room - the towel animals are a treat and your fridge will be filled with whatever you ask. The restaurant staff wear jackets or long sleeves in this heat, they deserve a little extra something.

Restaurant: Buffets are great - there really is something for everyone. I don’t get the complaints about the food. We loved breakfast options the most. You will find more of a selection at the buffet in the lobby than by the beach, yes. Plentiful and nicely displayed. Reservation restaurants are amazing! Everything here is open air with the exception of a few that are air conditioned - Brazilian, Japanese, Mexican, Mediterranean, Gourmet have A/C. Mexican & Brazilian were our faves!

Size: I've read it was HUGE. If you’ve been to the Principe Coba, this place is tiny to compare. It is one of the smallest resorts of all the places in Riviera Maya in the Apple vacation guide, with not quite 400 rooms. Even tho the Del Mar and Beach share the same public areas/restaurants it never felt crowded. Well, the swim up bar area was to be expected. You could also find a quiet spot of pool to lounge in. We never needed carts to drive us around here…the kids also did just fine walking. We took golf carts from the shopping plaza back to the Del Mar lobby just because the kids liked them.

I research my vacations and read tripadvisor religiously before choosing. The few mediocre reviews I read did not pan out on my trip. You can't please everyone, but how you could not enjoy this Iberostar is beyond me. I look forward to returning to the Del Mar & will look for Israel upon my return!

Room Tip: Building 15, ground floor, perfect location. Pool and swim up bar right there and short walk thru go...
5  Thank DianeM1110

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management of IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your vacations at our complex with us on TripAdvisor.

We feel privileged to have had the opportunity to serve you. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your holidays among us so much. We truly appreciate your mention of our beautiful grounds, beach and pool.

Your recognition for Israel from Guest Services is very much appreciated, and it is gratifying to know that he made your stay so enjoyable. We will congratulate him for that.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed our activities at the pool as well as the night entertainment!

There is nothing that makes us happier than learning that a guest that intends to return to our hotel, so we are looking forward to your return!.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
#47 of 212 in Playa del Carmen

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!