“Customer Service at its Best!”

IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Thank you to the staff at Iberostar Del Mar for making this vacation WONDERFUL! I don't know where to begin... let's start with the front desk: Thank you Luz for finding me the perfect room in the perfect location, as I was a solo traveler. The lobby was beautiful-- flamingos, swans, et. al. Immediately, you could see the grounds were well kept- and workers were constantly being seen maitaining the grounds. Initially, I picked this larger resort to travel with a good friend; however, I ended up going alone. Yes, the resort can appear intimadating, but there is always a shuttle to take you where you need to be. When in doubt, pop up in the lobby, and the bell boy will get you a ride. Trust me, this came in extremely handy after getting lost, turned around, or after a long day at the lobby bar! Thank you to Mario for always conveniently "popping up" when I needed a shuttle service! The Del Mar lobby bartenders: Eduardo, Orlando, and all of you who offered great service at all times of the day. Thank you Jorge in the Cigar Lounge (which is excellent, air conditioned, and a great place to relax!) for putting a new spin on my favorite cocktail, and providing me w/ great music (hearing Jamiroquai in Mexico, along my Cohiba & a cocktail- the BEST!) In regards to the rooms, yes the decor is a tad outdated, and the towels were a little hard/scratchy; however, that did not make a difference to me, but some people are finicky about the small things. The patio was wonderful, your neighbors couldn't see you, and you could relax and take in the view. The cleaning staff was great, and the room had a secure, digital safe- no complaints! The gourmet restaurants were really good as well-- I attended the Japanese Steakhouse & the Mexican Restaurant. The buffet options were not bad at all--- location 8 was really nice, as it was screened in!! Apple Vacations served a beautiful beach buffet dinner to its guest-- wonderful! I'm usually not into the "shows" but Del Mar provided excellent shows for all ages. There will be a show to accommodate all ages- no worries. The pool areas were well kept, perfect for families- large enough to escape the kids, if you want to just chill and read, but I preferred to be at the beach. Go early for a great spot, if you go later, you'll still have plenty of lounge chairs, just not a palapa. I can see why so many people have frequented this resort more than once-- there is so much to do, and you can experience something different each time. Again, thank you Iberostar Del Mar for making this a wonderful vacation experience!

Room Tip: 1400 & 1500 block is somewhat in the middle of the resort--- the lower you go, you're toward...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kimg818
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management, we would like to thank you for choosing our resort IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for your vacations and also for taking the time to share your wonderful review with us on Trip Advisor

We feel proud to know that our efforts made your stay an unforgettable. It is also a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with the beauty of our grounds and the surprising wildlife. We will keep working to deliver exceptional experiences to our guests.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future, to enjoy another great vacation.

There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Iberostar is one of the best all inclusive resort chains you can stay at. All is perfect. great beach, food, drinks, close to Playa del Carmen and a great night life. For even a nicer experience, try the Iberostar Maya or Lindo. but the cream of the crop is the Iberostar grand, the adults only resort.

Room Tip: high rooms are quite and away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank prairways

Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff of IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for your review.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers since this motivates us to keep offering the same wonderful service. We will share your nice review with our staff since it provides a great motivation to all of us!

We will be looking forward for your next stay!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you are looking for a great, clean place to stay this is your resort, I was so taken by the staff, I received great service, everyone will say greet you with a smile, the service was magnificent.
My teenage daughters and I will have ice cream and crepes in the afternoon at the plaza inside the complex.
I recommend this hotel to everyone!!

Room Tip: Because is a big hotel, request your room according to what you will like to do, if you want to be c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pelitopincho
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear guest,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for your recent vacations.

It is great to read that you found that our service to be always outstanding and gracious, we appreciate your highlighting about the cleanliness of our resort. This is the type of comments that we love to receive from our guests after such a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.

We feel proud to know that you are willing to come back; we will be pleased to host you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely beach; wonderfull hotel service; Very nice staff. The food and cooktails was delicious. The rooms was modern and very well preserved. The only negative point is allowing to reserve the pool and the beach loungers with towels when no one was using them. Thus promoted difficults in to find available beach and pool loungers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joana R

Dear guest,

First, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for your vacations.

It is a pleasure to know that you found everything at the hotel to be wonderful and you enjoyed every minute of it. We appreciate your nice comments regarding the service from our staff and the delicious food and drinks provided.

Comments like yours keep us motivated to offer our best and deliver exceptional vacations to our clients.

In regard to your comments about the sun chairs, we regret the inconveniences caused since we always recommend our guests to not reserve them. Please rest assured that we will keep working on improving this situation.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

It is fantastic place to stay during the hot summer days in Mexico. Have outside loop to travel by golf cars and inside all the way covered by the jungles. Shade is a must at this time of year!!
Food in the restaurants is good. Unfortunately buffets could be better.
Service is slow, but good. Every one is smiling and willing to help.
Great beach. Clean water. Close to attractions and far away from traffic.
One thing. Breakfast per schedule starts at 3:00 am. It is important if you have to travel and leave at 4:00 am. But do not expect to be open. Three times I went there it wasn't ready until 4:30 at best. Managers will light to you all the way and promise better service next day, but do not count on it. Order food in to your room. Trust me. This will work so much better.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Vladi V

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar for your vacations in Mexico.

We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us and we are pleased that you found our service to be great.

The Management takes every guest’s feedback into consideration in order to improve our service. Regarding the buffet, we will look into it with the Executive Chef and the staff concerned to remediate this situation. We apologize for this inconvenience.

We sincerely hope to have the chance once more to welcome you back in the future at IBEROSTAR.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family trip was extremely enjoyable, full of fun and unforgettable moments. Hotel staff was welcoming and caring. Jorge Martinez, a representative from Olympus Tours, helped us plan out stay. He was extremely attentive to our family needs. Kudos to his positive attitude and caring personality!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank N80614

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Plaraiso del Mar for your vacation, and for taking the time to share you wonderful experience with us and other travelers.

We are grateful for your lovely words about our staff, it is great to read that you found their service to be outstanding and welcoming.

We hope that you will not hesitate to visit with us again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Let me preface this review by saying I have stayed at many resorts on Riviera Maya/Cancun. Iberostar Paraiso del Mar is a lovely resort. Beautifully maintained, gorgeous grounds tons of wildlife. Staff friendly and helpful. Lovely beach. Excellent entertainment staff who really seemed to enjoy their jobs. Check in was easy. Carla at reception changed my room from a top floor to ground at my request as I have a bad knee. No elevators in buildings. My initial room was ready at 12:30pm but I had to wait until 2pm for the ground floor room to be ready which was fine. Check in is not until 3pm so it was nice to get in a bit earlier. My 11 year old and I went to lunch and walked the grounds. Our room faced the jungle but it was pretty quiet. We were in room 1403 which is in the middle of the resort opposite the pools. Lovely clean, attractive room with comfy beds, safe, lovely bathroom with large shower and plenty of hot water stocked fridges with the usual stuff but with diet sodas, sprite yeah ! There is a lot of walking at this resort as it is a long walk from reception to the beach though you can wait for a golf cart on the outer access road. The grounds are lovely so it's not hard to walk around. Lovely beach with grill and bar. Loved the self service soda/water/juice fountains at the side of the bar. Beach grill was just burgers, hotdogs and ribs. There were plenty of chaises but could have used more umbrella/cabanas. There was the age old problem of people placing towels on the covered chaises never to be seen again. The general rule was if it was just towels you could move them and use the chaises. If there were belongings we left the chaises alones. Everyday we moved towels.....never had a problem. Wait service on beach if you wanted it but most folks just wandered up to the beach bar. Sea gorgeous with a lot of fish including 2, 5ft barracudas named Barry and Larry by beach goers. They just zoomed around the shallow waters after the small fish never bothered people. There is in the sea aerobics everyday which is a lot of fun (loved that). Organized beach games, volleyball, soccer etc plus "silly" games at the pool, music and dancing. Parasailing, jet sking available. We did the buffet for dinner which was pretty good. We did not do any of the specialty restaurants. The buffet and casual restaurants do not have a/c so it can be a bit steamy. A/C only in rooms. Not sure about specialty restaurants. Lovely swans and flamingoes swimming around grounds.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank Wanderinglassie

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management of IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your recent stay.

It encourages us to read exceptional review like yours and we are pleased to know that your stay was so enjoyable. We will share your nice comments with our staff since it is definitely the best motivational tool for us.

We hope to have the chance once again to welcome you to our hotel, to enjoy another great vacation.

IBEROSTAR México

Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Ocean Riviera Paradise
Ocean Riviera Paradise
#72 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar? Share your experiences!