Thank you to the staff at Iberostar Del Mar for making this vacation WONDERFUL! I don't know where to begin... let's start with the front desk: Thank you Luz for finding me the perfect room in the perfect location, as I was a solo traveler. The lobby was beautiful-- flamingos, swans, et. al. Immediately, you could see the grounds were well kept- and workers were constantly being seen maitaining the grounds. Initially, I picked this larger resort to travel with a good friend; however, I ended up going alone. Yes, the resort can appear intimadating, but there is always a shuttle to take you where you need to be. When in doubt, pop up in the lobby, and the bell boy will get you a ride. Trust me, this came in extremely handy after getting lost, turned around, or after a long day at the lobby bar! Thank you to Mario for always conveniently "popping up" when I needed a shuttle service! The Del Mar lobby bartenders: Eduardo, Orlando, and all of you who offered great service at all times of the day. Thank you Jorge in the Cigar Lounge (which is excellent, air conditioned, and a great place to relax!) for putting a new spin on my favorite cocktail, and providing me w/ great music (hearing Jamiroquai in Mexico, along my Cohiba & a cocktail- the BEST!) In regards to the rooms, yes the decor is a tad outdated, and the towels were a little hard/scratchy; however, that did not make a difference to me, but some people are finicky about the small things. The patio was wonderful, your neighbors couldn't see you, and you could relax and take in the view. The cleaning staff was great, and the room had a secure, digital safe- no complaints! The gourmet restaurants were really good as well-- I attended the Japanese Steakhouse & the Mexican Restaurant. The buffet options were not bad at all--- location 8 was really nice, as it was screened in!! Apple Vacations served a beautiful beach buffet dinner to its guest-- wonderful! I'm usually not into the "shows" but Del Mar provided excellent shows for all ages. There will be a show to accommodate all ages- no worries. The pool areas were well kept, perfect for families- large enough to escape the kids, if you want to just chill and read, but I preferred to be at the beach. Go early for a great spot, if you go later, you'll still have plenty of lounge chairs, just not a palapa. I can see why so many people have frequented this resort more than once-- there is so much to do, and you can experience something different each time. Again, thank you Iberostar Del Mar for making this a wonderful vacation experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico