Our fifth time to Riviera Maya. Two times and our second visit to the Del Mar. I have to say that although it's still beautiful, it's taken a step down in the past few years. I emailed the resort numerous times begging for a ground floor since my 90 year old Mom is in a wheelchair and got a canned response back each time with "there are no guarantees". Apple vacations didn't help much with this request either since they put her on the second floor the first night. Christian (front desk) was nice enough to have her moved the following day. I noticed that the beach bar service has really slowed down. We were far away from the snack bar and rarely saw anyone come by to see if we wanted drinks. When we did, it took a long time to get one. They obviously need more help there. Also, I was surprised that the beach wasn't cleaned as it used to be. I remember going there and seeing the staff stack up the chairs nightly and raking the beach. We woke up early and found the same dirty cups from the day before. Also, gone are the coy fish that were in the water near the front of the hotel. I love cats but there are a ton of them near the restaurants begging for food. The best worker there is Raul who carted my Mom back and forth when a shuttle wasn't around (they run infrequently during the day). Also, someone mentioned a free shuttle to Playa, it's only run during the day and it cost $5 per person (not bad), but who wants to shop in the daytime heat? I don't like saying negative things about this place since I still love it, but the changes they've made need to be addressed. We saw a few (really good) shows, but again, the bar service was slow. We always tipped for it so it's obvious that they need more staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraíso" (Mexico). High standard of comfort. Wide gastronomic variety. 18-hole golf course. PAD/SSI – diving school, massage at the beach and the pool. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar Mexico