Me and my boyfriend stayed for two weeks at Maya during August. I`ve been to Iberostar properties before, as I tend every year to use Iberostar as my vacation destination.
It was a brilliant holiday, filled with sunshine, fun and memories.
I. M. complex from the architecture to the decor displays a tribute to Maya civilisation. It feels ethnic and tropical.
The j. suite that we occupied at the bld. 60 was spacious and tastefuly decorated. It was probably the biggest hotel room I`ve stayed at. The facility is kept in the spotless manner as the Mexican emploees turn into 24 hr operating machine. Very friendly and cordial staff, displaying nothing than a smiling faces.
Entertainment at night although impressive and fun, does not compensate almost not existent acctivites at the beach. We are not a pool lovers. We enjoy the beach setting while travelling to Caribbeans. Lack of activities at the beach was a tiny disappointment.
With exception of breakfast choices, food was good. Every day you`ll find a new, smart varity of international cuisine at the buffet. Excluding Cajun, we tried al lof the restaurants and we found them great for all inclusive hotel standard. Seafood restaurant stands in particular way out. Simply Delish !!
If you are a traveller who carrys nostalgy for Europe and who enjoys to mingle with international- European crowd, this hotel is a perfect spot to excercise in English conversation with guests from mosly middle USA.
So, why does my title state: "Sweet & Bitter" ?
To begin with, it doesn`t matter whether you book Iberostar Maya or Iberostar Lindo. They are both in the same site and share facilities. The only difference is THE PRICE.
Ha, how do you like that ?
How do you like to see Lindo guests who pay less, having the same privileges ?
Few extra sqF at the j.suite and free WiFi at the lobby is not enought to book Maya knowing that restaurants , bar and the rest of the facility offers an access to Lindo guests.
Enjoy Iberostar which remains the best all-inclusive in the World..................just be smart in your selection of booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso