“I will go back a 1000 times”

Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
“I will go back a 1000 times”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Loved my stay at Iberostar Paraiso Maya.
I stayed at this hotel three times ...
Twice at Paraiso Lindo and this time at Paraiso Maya.the rooms are bigger at Paraiso Maya but both hotels are great.
The food is great, the staff is very friendly,and the activities for the kids were excellent.
I stayed at different all inclusive resorts and I can say this is the best..
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank VickaB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here from 9/10/11 til 9/17/11 for the 1st time and will have to admit we were amazed by this resort! Besides being so huge and beautiful, the designs of its arquitechture has so many amazing details to it. The rooms are so spacious, very clean and comfortable. The buffet food its not all that but its clean and not too bad at all; but the different restaurants for late dinning were amazing! Besides the fact that they offer more than 5 different gourmet options, we were able to enjoy one differet option each and every night we stayed. Our favorite pick which we strongly recommend is the Japanese, the Seafood, & the Steakhouse! Another good service that they offer (which not that many guests know about) is that they offer free room service! They have a menu in every room which u get to order what u want as much as u want for free..The beach is absolutely beautiful and clean! We would like to come back soon. Service was on point in every aspect as well as the facilities of this place, even the public restrooms were spotless clean (every single one of them)! I will only suggest to bring ur own scented candles, just like every hotel we stay in we like our rooms to smell good and being the fact that is on the beach it just smells a little moldy but not as bad.

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank ChocoBarbie1
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This place is great, beautiful grounds, it's combimed with 5 other Iberostars. I highly recommend this place. Food is very good, steaks, lobster, lamb chops.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank lucas23
LA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was the first time that my husband and I stayed at an all-inclusive, so we were not sure what to expect. Having stayed at 4-star hotels in the U.S. I've come to realize that the star ratings really differ depending on what country you're in. What I mean is that I experienced far superior service from the vast majority of the Iberostar staff, which I have not received in 4-star hotels in the U.S. As many of the reviewers have stated, the staff here are incredibly friendly, professional, attentive to detail and very kind. I would say that the service is definitely 5 stars.

However, when it comes to the quality of products that were offered at Iberostar Paraiso Maya, I found it to be sub-par. I had brought very little of my own toiletries, assuming that a 4-star all-inclusive resort would certainly provide good quality products. What I found was that the products offered in our junior suite ranged from cheaply made soap and shampoo to a lack of products (there was no toothpaste and hair conditioner). This made for a disappointing experience in one respect (so bring your own toiletries!!!).

The pools at the hotel were absolutely beautiful, well-maintained and friendly for both adults and children. The ocean is really just footsteps away from the hotel property and very clean. However, when my husband and I tried to snorkel, we realized there were no fish. Regardless, there was lots of fun in simply swimming in the warm, clean Caribbean waters. If you enjoy being in the water, this is the place to be.

In regards to the food, we found that there was always plenty to select from at the buffet restaurants. The quality of the food is mediocre. It's not bad, but it's nothing to write home about--think college dorm food. There were some highlights such as the fresh papaya and cappuccinos in the morning. But at the breakfast buffet by the Paraiso Lindo, we found that the guacamole was spoiled several days in a row. We also made reservations at several of the a-la-carte restaurants and the highlight was definitely El Rancho--the steakhouse. The French restaurant was extremely disappointing, as the fish I had ordered was not fresh, to say the least.

If the kind of vacation you want is one where you can unplug and take a holiday from making major decisions and choices, then I would suggest going to an all-inclusive like Iberostar Paraiso Maya. Our biggest decisions were "Should we go to the beach or the pool?" and "Should I get an omelette or scrambled eggs?"

Room Tip: We were in building 61 and it is REALLY close to the ocean, should you want to be closer to the ocea...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank elliot4
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed for 5 nights with our two children, ages 8 and 7 and had a fantastic time. We originally booked the Lindo, but were upgraded to the Maya upon arrival. The restaurants are wonderful, and even picky eaters can find something to eat. We went to a few shows which don't start until 9:00pm, but we were all so beat from the day, it was hard for the kids to stay up. People tend to give their rafts or pool floats to new guests, as there really is no point in trying to take them home on the plane, so be watching for those kind people. The gym although small, is air conditioned and had decent cardio equipment and weights. We were always able to get drinks quickly at all of the bars, and the kids loved the kiddie drinks of the day. They didn't do the Kids Club, but we did see several kids there in their age group who looked like they were having a blast. We have been at 4 Iberostars in the past, and will definitely go back. We have been to other all-inclusives in the area, but love this one. It is so large, and nicely kept - you definitely feel safe.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank AKDK
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I recently spent 5 days at the Paraiso Maya to attend a wedding. The resort exceeded every expectation. 5 star service all around. All of the hotel employees went out of their way to accommodate us, and to meet our every need. Pools were beautifully maintained, the beach was gorgeous, all of the restaurants were of superior quality. By staying at one resort, we had access to the other sister Iberostar resorts which was very nice. I found the Paraiso Maya to be the nicest of them all and that is not to say that the others lacked an star quality just that I preferred the decor/ambiance of the Paraiso Maya over the others. The all-inclusive portion was fabulous. It is a family friendly resort but for those couples worried that children will take over your vacation, I never once found myself feeling crowded or overwhelmed with people or children running around.

Free wi-fi located in the hotel lobby and lobby bar and a pay-by-the-hour computer area is also located in the hotel. Be sure to utilize the concierge sooner than later, they are located in each building to get your dinner reservations for the restaurants in the hotel. You may want to book all your dinner reservations in one felt swoop so that you can ensure you get to eat in each restaurant of your choosing during your stay. There are travel agents located in the lobby who can assist you in whatever excursions you'd like to partake in.

There is shopping area, a gym, theater, convention center, golf course, emergency room, all located right on the premises.

Tipping is up to you. Its hard not to tip every person you come in contact with, the waitress that brings you your drink, the bellman, the guy that gave you a ride to the gym, the towel guy at the pool, etc....but if you tipped everyone you dealt with you'd be broke by the end of the trip. So plan wisely!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank iamamsterdam
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed 8/28-9/2. This is off season, so no lines for anything. Plenty of available chairs on the beach and open cabanas by the pool (the cabanas are awesome). Beach side buffet is great as is the snack bar (watch out for the bees though - they love soda too). Everyone is smiling all the time and willing to help (even without the extra tips). The grounds are very well maintained. There is staff everywhere cleaning up, trimming trees and bushes, etc. As to the food, everyone should be able to find something they like, though not all items were to my taste. If you are expecting 5-star gourmet meals, then the all-inclusive plan might not be for you. The drinks are strong, so at some point [ ;) ] it all tastes the same.
On the third day we discovered the "mall". The shops are what you would expect (all touristy things), but the crape/taco/burger shops were a great find - and all included in the all-inclusive plan! Internet is not included and is on the steep side ($4 for 15 minutes), but we don't go on vacation to use the internet. The location is about 30-45 minute (depends on number of stops) drive from the airport, which wasn't too bad. Only time it came into play was when we did a few "excursions", which meant that we had the longest "commute".
Overall, this was one of the nicest all-inclusive resorts I've ever stayed in. If I had to mention anything that was a bit lower quality then expected, it would be the food. But as I stated earlier, we always found something we liked.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank larsto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
#22 of 175 in Cancun
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#34 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
#4 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Maya? Share your experiences!