This is a great place to stay whether single or with family. I went off season so it wasn’t crowded, but everything was just great. A few things to know however, there is a $15 per night charge for in-room internet access.
There is no good way to get there or leave there.
You can take a collectivo from Cancun for about 35 pesos but make sure the drive lets you off in front of the Iberostar Signage, not the service road for employees. If you come in that way you will be asked at the gate for your name and they will call a golf cart to pick you up and everyone will be shaking their heads. because you didn't pay 27-40 dollars like everyone else to get there. Leaving is harder and the hotel will not help you find reasonable accommodation. A taxi back to the airport or Cancun (where I was going) set me back $40.
If you have the time and energy, you could take a take from Iberostar to Play de Carmen for a fair amount and then take a bus or collectivo from Playa del Carmen back to Cancun. After all the fun I had, I was too tired for the hassle.
Room service is fast but the food is absolutely horrible. I was not the only one that returned the entire tray uneaten. The gourmet and Cajun and Seafood restaurants entre portions are small but first class quality and the appetizer and desert buffets are more than you could ask for. Lots to do at this place. The beach is lighted at night also. The entertainment is varied and wonderful as are the activities.
Would go again. Also see my review of Dressel Diving.
One thing- event though this is an al-inclusive and tips are not expected, please remember that folks here don’t make much more than a few pesos a day. They work hard, are very pleasant to the last one and deserve a little something for their outstanding service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso