Overall, this resort is very beautifully landscaped. It is by far the biggest resort we've been to in the Carribean. We stayed in Building 60 closer to the beach and near a couple of pools. It can take approximately 7-8 minutes walking time to the lobby but for us this was not a problem. In the evening, it can be problematic with sleepy children, so we used the golf cart services. Food is good but not excellent! There were items I did not like at the breakfast buffet but for the most part the Steakhouse (good ribeye), Seafood restaurant (very good lobster & steak) and Mexican restaurants (good tacos) compensated for this and were very good.
Now for the negatives. I found the resort too big for my personal tastes. At other resorts, we usually had a flyer come to our room each morning specifying the day events. There is a conceirge at each building but you will have to go out of your way to get the information. There is no bulletin board near the concierge. The only place where the day events are posted are by the lobby. The resort lacked intimacy so it was difficult to tell what was going on. You could be on one side of the resort and all the action is happening on the other end. The beach was very rough during our visit and red flags were up the entire time. It is not very safe and has a strong under current. Apparently, the lifeguards are always saving people from drowning. There were approximately 5 people pulled from the water the week we went. Typically we are beach goers, but we opted to stay by the pool for the entire week.
Other than that, it is a great resort minus the negatives I pointed out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso