I really have nothing poor to say about the Iberostar Paraiso Maya. I vacationed there from Saturday - Saturday with my family and had nothing but a positive and amazing experience.
The food was delicious. We did the buffet each morning and loved it. So much variety! Lunch was swapped from the beach grill and the buffet. Both delicious. Dinners we did the A La Carte most nights, buffet once. Wasn't thrilled with the dinner buffet (but I am also not a buffet person). The A La Carte dinners were amazing. My favorites were the Japanese, French Steakhouse & E'toile. But honestly, all were great!! We all ordered different things and tried everyone's. There were literally no complaints. The drinks were also great and refreshing. For you Red Wine drinkers, I recommend the Vino Loz versus the Merlot. (you have to ask for it, but it is included).
The Rooms, hospitality, cleanliness etc were all fantastic. Yes, yes, the beds are hard but I'm used to a plush pillow-top bed so I can't really complain. This didn't have any effect on my vacation considering I was there to relax anyway and spent most of my time by the waterside.
The staff was nothing short of excellent. From the concierge, to the cleaning staff, to the waitstaff to the entertainment team. So incredibly friendly and really made our trip! The activities and shows they had were also fantastic. I was part of one of the night shows and they really made you feel comfortable on stage and their goal was to make sure you were having fun. I couldn't ask for better service.
Pool, Beach etc were also all beautiful. We did wake up early to reserve the chairs we wanted but this was nothing new to us as we have traveled to several all-inclusives before and they are all the same. If you want a good chair, you're going to have to claim it. The nice thing is this hotel has a LOT of seating so if you don't want to wake up early, you don't have to! We just liked being in a certain spot so we did.
All in all, I can't say enough good things about our trip. The ONLY thing I will mention is that they do not tell you that if you want to float on the Lazy River, that you need to bring your own tube or floatation device. They do not provide them. We were kind enough on our first day to meet a couple that was leaving the next morning and gave us their tubes. We did the same thing on our last day and passed them onto a couple of kids sad they didn't bring any. Amazing Trip. Will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso