I wanted to post a review here because I read a lot of them prior to my vacation and it helped alot. It's obvious from all of the reviews that this hotel is awesome so let's just say I agree with that description.
- The beach was outstanding.
- The restaurants were very nice. We enjoyed the japanese and steakhouse the best. The buffets are awesome.
- Room was very nice.
- The free wet spa is a must-see. It's located in the shopping mall across the street.
- Landscaping is beautiful.
- Free Wi-Fi in the lobby ($15/day in your room)
- Lobby bar was one of my favorite places.
- I really don't have much to complain about except that our AC was having a tough time keeping the room cool. Now we're from a northern climate so it could be that the room was typical of a Mexican air conditioned room and we expected cooler. Our consierge said we could move but we were already settled and it really wasn't that bad.
- The complex is very large. We spent the first day constantly getting lost. Once you figure out how to get to the lobby and the beach, it doesn't seem so large. TIP: The map they give you is not very good. I would suggest searching the Internet for a good map of the maya and the lindo (since both resorts share common areas).
- We went into Playa Del Carmen one day. There is an air conditioned shuttle you can catch at the shopping mall entrance that charges $4/person each way. We decided to go out to the Iberostar Tucan for lunch (free). It's located about 2 miles outside of Playa. You can take a taxi there for $4 (total) or walk.
- We took an Apple vacation day trip to Chitzen Itza (mayan ruins). It cost about $90/person and included a/c luxury bus (pickup at hotel), open bar, snack, tour guide, mayan lunch and a dip in a sinkhole (cooler than it sounds). My advice on this, if you like history, you will LOVE this. If you think ruins are a bunch of old rocks, don't bother.
- We took another day trip to Isla Mujeres. This was an adventure tour. Ziplining, snorkeling, swimming with doplphins. Again with Apple tours for $90/person. This is an all day trip. You leave at 7:00am and get back about 8:00pm. Lots of fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Holiday Gems, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso