I just returned from a stay at the Bliss and the Grand Mayan. Let me start by thanking the Bliss Resorts Supervisor Daneilla for going the extra mile to make our stay perfect.
This stay started out a little confused. I was told the Bliss was a step up from the Grand Mayan which I have stayed before. This is NOT the case. The Bliss in my opinion is between the Mayan and the Grand Mayan in room size and comfort. I asked to be moved to the Grand Mayan and was told there were no openings. I accepted this to be true as they were quite full. Daneilla went over and above her duties and found us a room. Thank you again.
Now for the bad part. I emailed the conciere several times about transport and not once did I receive a reply. That was rude and not professional. That being said everything else was great.
In my previous review of the Grand Mayan I pointed out a long wait time between shuttles and poor service from the bartenders. The shuttles are doing a much better job and we only had to wait any real lenght once in 7 days. That is pretty good as busy as they were. The food was excellent everywhere we ate except I was disappointed in the Tramanos Italian restruant. The Grouper was tasteless although a nice sized and well cooked piece of fish. I had a shrimp and linguine dish that was just piled into a bowl and was soggy almost soup like. The pasta was overcooked. The other issue we found were the mixed drinks. Even the standard drinks were not very tasty. They need to have the bartenders taste the products now and then.
The Gong Restruant once again blew me away. The flavors and the preparation just stood out as amazing.
The Havana Moon could be my favorite place but still they have the bright white overhead lights detracting from the mood lighting that makes you believe you are in 1950's Havana. I really wish they would visit this issue.
The airport was quick and easy coming into the country with customs well staffed and no real wait.
The trip to Playa Del Carmen was ok. I am finding that big commercial stores are pushing in and taking away from the mom and pop stores that I love so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I am offering suites at The Vidanta Grand Mayan Riviera Maya resort, located on the Yucatan Peninsula. This resort has everything you could ever need to experience true happiness: JOYA, a resident Cirque du Soleil show; five luxury resort hotels; world-class restaurants; spectacular pools; shopping boutiques; a Jack Nicklaus golf course; indulgent spas and the most attentive staff in Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Mayan Riviera Maya
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Grand Mayan Cancun
- Grand Mayan Playa Del Carmen