I traveled with my BF in October we stayed for a week so we had a lot of time to experience much of the resort.
Guest room-we had a suite with a full living room and separate bedroom. The room was well appointed and very clean, we barely used the fully stocked kitchen, but if you plan to cook your own meals it appeared to have everything you would need.
The bed was fine-comfortable. The bathroom had two sinks plus a separate sink outside of the bathroom. There was a large soaking tub in the bedroom. We never once ran out of towels.
Pools-so many pools, we enjoyed the one with a bar most near our guest room. We found the bartender and server Umberto and Julio to be professional, helpful, extra friendly and overall a delight. They greeted us like they were sincerely happy to see us every time we visited and let us know about drink specials. We used the cabanas to stay comfortable in the hot humid air, and they helped us with the arrangements.
Food-Okay here I was less impressed, we really enjoyed the breakfast buffet, but the other restaurants we just okay. I am not a foodie but I do have insight as a hospitality professional and I can say the food was just so so. We didn’t try every restaurant though so maybe I missed something. Room service was fast and professional.
The resort is way out of the way so you will have to rent a car or arrange transport if you want to go in to town. You can catch the collectivo on the highway but the driveway to the lobby is about ½ a mile long, for us in the hot heat and humidity getting around was a bit uncomfortable even just walking to the pool and the restaurant…
Bottom line is I would recommend this resort and I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I am offering suites at The Vidanta Grand Mayan Riviera Maya resort, located on the Yucatan Peninsula. This resort has everything you could ever need to experience true happiness: JOYA, a resident Cirque du Soleil show; five luxury resort hotels; world-class restaurants; spectacular pools; shopping boutiques; a Jack Nicklaus golf course; indulgent spas and the most attentive staff in Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Mayan Riviera Maya
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Grand Mayan Cancun
- Grand Mayan Playa Del Carmen