We just got back from an 8 day Grand Mayan vacation. The property/resort is the best that we have ever stayed at. From the hotel staff, waiters/waitresses, to the grounds keepers, everyone was exceptionally pleasant and helpful.
One small drawback is that the resort is huge and you should be prepared to do a lot of walking. There are many walkways around the property and quite a few buildings. For the first couple of days we found it difficult to navigate the property; the signage was not as clear as it could have been.
We met other couples while at the Mayan and we all felt that the property could use a casual, centralized, bar area where you could meet friends, have drinks and appetizers/snacks during the early evenings, or later, after you have had dinner in one of the many great restaurants.
It is only because of these 2 small points that I did not issue a 5 star. However, I would definitely give it a 4++++!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I am offering suites at The Vidanta Grand Mayan Riviera Maya resort, located on the Yucatan Peninsula. This resort has everything you could ever need to experience true happiness: JOYA, a resident Cirque du Soleil show; five luxury resort hotels; world-class restaurants; spectacular pools; shopping boutiques; a Jack Nicklaus golf course; indulgent spas and the most attentive staff in Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Stayforlong S.L., Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Mayan Riviera Maya
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Grand Mayan Cancun
- Grand Mayan Playa Del Carmen