Nice property, many large pools, nice rooms, friendly staff. Wrist bands open the room doors, so no need for a separate key/card!
The beach isn't very good for swimming, but ok for snorkeling. We had a rental car and the parking was inadequate with dirt lots and unmarked spaces. There is only one location to obtain and return towel after 5 PM, and it's a hike to the Mayan Palace side if you are staying on the Grand Mayan side. The concierges are uninformed regarding the reservation policy for poolside covered beds ("palapas beds"). You can reserve one day ahead, but only in person at the Belche restaurant at the Mayan Palace pool. Prices for everything on the property seem excessive to me; we were very glad we had rented a car. Wifi is available, but only for an excessive fee of close to $100/week/device!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I am offering suites at The Vidanta Grand Mayan Riviera Maya resort, located on the Yucatan Peninsula. This resort has everything you could ever need to experience true happiness: JOYA, a resident Cirque du Soleil show; five luxury resort hotels; world-class restaurants; spectacular pools; shopping boutiques; a Jack Nicklaus golf course; indulgent spas and the most attentive staff in Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Mayan Riviera Maya
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Grand Mayan Cancun
- Grand Mayan Playa Del Carmen