The resort is very nice. With just a couple things it would be great.
1. The pool bartenders were lousy. We had to wave at them almost every drink. They just talked to each other and ignored the customers.
Most resorts the bartenders interact with the customers
2. The shuttle service has gotten worse instead of better. We had several 1/2 hour waits.
Everything else was great. The Gong restruant was the second best meal I have ever had.
We spent more time in Playa than last time. It is great and I didn't see anyone who was not having a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I am offering suites at The Vidanta Grand Mayan Riviera Maya resort, located on the Yucatan Peninsula. This resort has everything you could ever need to experience true happiness: JOYA, a resident Cirque du Soleil show; five luxury resort hotels; world-class restaurants; spectacular pools; shopping boutiques; a Jack Nicklaus golf course; indulgent spas and the most attentive staff in Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Mayan Riviera Maya
- Wyndham Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Wyndham
- Grand Mayan Cancun
- Grand Mayan Playa Del Carmen