We just returned from Cancun,traveling with friends for their sons wedding. El Dorado Royale was the destination wedding location. It was definately a 5 Star resort, all inclusive. The restaurants were great, we ate at Cocotal which was wonderful. The lobster lasanga was great. Jo Jo's has wonderful conch and corn chowder. The entertainment was really good, better than we've had at a few other resorts. I did the yoga class every morning and it was wonderful along with the gym which was very nice. Our room was very clean and we had a jacuzzi in the room which we did not use and a hammock on the patio which we enjoyed.
The beach was fine, smaller than some places we've stayed and they had plenty of places to relax in the shade with little cabanas and thatch covered lounges. The weather was pretty windy so the ocean was quite rough. They have large barriers in the water that look like whales but this is to control the beach erosion. If they didn't have these there would probably be no beach.
The only drawback we had with this resort was it was so far away from Cancun or Playa del Carma that we pretty much just stayed on the resort. Shuttles were available but only ran certain days and we missed those or take a taxi and that was $35.00 one way so could be expensive if you wanted to go off the resort several times. I like being a little closer to a town or village so we can explore and shop. If your main goal is to just relax and unwind and not go off a resort once your there this place would fit all your needs and more. Seven restaurants and even more bars, everyone was extremely friendly and made you feel very welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale