Good bits: Staff, never seen such friendly staff from concierge to waiters and pool waiters first class. Rooms were spacious and kept immaculate, the grounds which were massive, fantastic attention to detail. Mexican and Fuentes good food, Italian also good standard
Average points, the food, if you can get any that is at Kampai and Santa Fe, Kempia arrogant Staff
Bad points, trying to get a meal reservation, my swim up pool was a cave, always in the shade as most were, built, west facing, complete waste of money, transport around the resort, the resort is huge we were in the 5000 range some restaurants were a mile away and our end was left wanting, waited an hour 1 day and made 3 calls trying to get buggy. The beach was on some occasions pretty grubby brochure pictures do it justice. My biggest gripe was trying to get reservations for restaurants at best we could only get ours at around 6.00, tea time their is a 2 tier system at this resort those "who have" those who "have not" we were unaware of the time share aspect when we booked and treated so, every time we tried to book reservations for later 8 ish (the computer said no) What was really gaoling was the empty tables time after time and guests were still being turned away!!! The Cocotal restaurant in the evening, a tiny buffet restaurant was disgusting on the 1st night after trying to get a meal after 2.5 hours and 4 restaurants we went there, the trays were empty and dirty, choice minimal.
I see great reviews from the past few weeks, they must have stayed in "the have's" my holiday cost £4800 for 10 days we changed from Secrets Maroma from our last time in Mexico, big mistake!
I rate this resort at about 6 /10 it could easily have been 9/10 but being from the "have not" end of the resort, it lacked, it frustrated, it infuriated, but at times it impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale