“AMAZING!!! Can't Wait to Return!!!”

El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I went on vacation to the El Dorado with my parents. We were both celebrating wedding anniversaries, my and my husband's first and my parents 35th. The service at this hotel was amazing, top notch, first class, extraordinary. There are not enough words to describe how great this hotel was.
When we arrived from the airport we were greeted by a porter who was so great, very personable and professional, I believe his name was Daniel. He was just wonderful and very sweet. Upon check in, Olga, helped us, she was very sweet and helpful. She gave us all the information on the hotel, its amenities, many restaurants (9!), bars (17!), spa's (2) and various activities and nightly entertainment. She was just wonderful. Our rooms were not supposed to be ready for about 30 minutes after our arrival. We went outside to look at the grounds and within 5 minutes we were told that our rooms were ready and there was a golf cart, they call them shuttles, ready to take us to our rooms. We booked the luxury jacuzzi swim up junior suites. They were awesome! There was a pool and what they called a lazy river right outside our patio door, this is actually where we spent most of our free time. The pool was amazing and very clean. We also had a server, unfortunately I cannot remember her name, but she came around, took drink orders and even brought us bar snacks as we relaxed in what was basically a private pool.

The two Italian restaurants D'Italia and D'Italia Casitas were both great, however, we preferred the Casitas location better, they have different menu's. The shrimp with parmigiano-reggiano sauce was my father's favorite and ate it the first and last dinner that we had there. Cocotal had amazing tuna, I asked for it seared instead of grilled and it was absolutely delicious. The other restaurants we visited were also great. Jojo's by the beach was really amazing, the catch of the day, snapper is served whole, and just amazing! All of the staff at this hotel are just so wonderful and polite and professional, if you want a great relaxing vacation, this place is definitely worth the price!

The only excursion that I did was go scuba diving with my Dad the Saturday before Father's Day. It was my first time and my Dad's first time in about 20 years. The guys at the main pool scuba shop, Arturo, Paco and Felix are great! Paco, who has dubbed himself the Mexican George Clooney, is a riot. He did our resort course with us and was an amazing instructor. I wish I could have taken a longer course with him, he was very knowledgeable and professional. He knew exactly what he was doing and knew how to teach beginning divers. When we went for the dive, we were shuttled to El Dorado Maroma, which was about 10 minutes down the road. Upon arriving there we met, Atl, and Alex who were also going on our dive with us. There were a total of 8 divers and 4 instructors/dive masters. These men took amazing care of all of us. We went to a beautiful reef and saw gorgeous sea life. It was truly an amazing experience made all the more better because of the staff that took us on this trip. They were not only competent but confident, I am someone who get anxious easily and their knowledge and personalities put me at ease. I had next to no fear going 40 feet under the water with these experts. If you go there, get a diving course with Paco or Arturo, they work out of the La Isla pool.

At one point my mother cut herself shaving and we could not get the bleeding to stop. With a quick call to the front desk they had sent a paramedic to the room who quickly patched my Mom right up!

The only negative I can think f is how large the property is, for me there were not enough signs to direct people on how to get places. There are shuttles, that come around to take guests to where ever they are going, but it can take 20 minutes for a shuttle to get to you. That would not have been an issue for me, but my mother cannot see at night so coming back from dinner we always had to wait for a shuttle, it was kind of annoying.

The beaches and bigger pools were beautiful. This is definitely a great place to celebrate anything. My husband and I were saying that we wished we had come here for our honeymoon ( we went to sandals antigua, not good).

I only had one spa treatment which was a sky massage with Samuel out of the Casitas spa. It was amazing! if you go request him! great hands and very professional, also takes care to make sure you are comfortable with pressure and the amount of skin showing, since you are not in a typical treatment room.

All in all this is a wonderful place to visit, I cannot wait to go back. The only thing, is this resort is adults only, which is great for now, but when we have kids, we plan on going to Azul Fives, another Karisma resort, which is child-friendly. Go to either resort, I have been to both and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Allana85
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Allana85,
Greetings form the turquoise waters of Riviera Maya!
I would like to extend my gratitude’s for such a wonderful review, it is very pleasing for me to read that you had the chance to enjoy one of the many exiting activities that this amazing country has to offer, along the warmth of the people.

Your opinion is definitely taken in consideration, since it is through you that we manage to improve on the day by day basis.
We anxiously hope that you would return to visit us once again in the near future.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Wow. Best Holiday Yet! Hotel Exellent 5 Stars Plus. Staff Soo Lovely and Friendly, from Managers to Garderers, all Happy Every Day. We had room with Ocean View, Room was Gorgeous, well Cleaned and Stocked Up with Water and Beer. Every Where Imaculate. Al A Carte Food, Premium Drinks, Snacks at Swim Up Bars. Gusto you Lovely Man at Quiet Pool Kept me Stocked up with My Snacks! Our Concierge Zully, Great, Christian, Concierge in Main Reception,Francisco Duty Manager, Carlos Restaurant Manager. Had few Miss Haps and These People Sorted It Straight Away. There Moto is, It Is Your Vacation, Leave all the Worrying To Us! Also Matt and Emma, These Reps Are Just The Best We Have EVER Had. Thank you Guys you Are Diamonds! Was Lovely for the Management to just come up and Ask If Everything Was Ok! Never Been Treated Like Royalty Before, But Yes They Did Here? Thanks El Dorado, Will Definately See Our Lovely New Family Next Year! Xx

Room Tip: Book With Blue Bay!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trishdougal
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear friends from United Kingdom,

It has been a great pleasure to receive your warm review describing your most recent vacation at our premises.
It shows it´s your heart speaking.
We thank your compliments to our staff every one of them will be so happy that you remember them. I hope you give us the honor of another visit pretty soon.
Looking forward to welcome you again for another memorable holiday,

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing honeymoon in paradise, staff so friendly and helpful. Would certainly recommend and return!
treated like royalty food was fantastic not one bad thing to say about our stay.
jamie & jodieleigh watson
huddersfiled, west yorkshire.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jamie W

Dear Jamie W,
Thank you for your lovely review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's particularly pleasing to hear our team be referred as Excelente, since this excelence is what we always strive for all the time.
We are looking forward to returning again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We came to this resort for our Daughter's wedding. The wedding staff was wonderful! The resort was beautiful and all staff had a smile on their faces and were willing to help! We had a great wedding and stay.

Room Tip: Swim out Suites are very nice and near the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shelli H,
Thank you for all your kind words and the good promotion we may receive from them.
As you were witness and lived this with us, we have many exceptional wedding coordinators, which combined with our Gourmet all inclusive experience and romantic atmosphere make this all possible. We hope to receive you again for another memorable holiday

Best Regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

we stayed here it was great.We had a swim up suite very very nice rooms were very clean.
Staff was exceptional.Everyone on the resort spoke fluent english. the food was fantastic everything very close to the beach.All meals are alacart and very close to your rooms.

Room Tip: swim up rooms are the best
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terry M

Dear Terry M,

My most respectful greetings to you from sunny Mexico. We very much appreciate your review.
Thank you so much for your kind contribution by giving us a five star rating.
Looking forward to welcome you agai.

Best regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My daughter was married here in May. The facility and location are beautiful and the staff is eager to please. All of the wedding events, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception were exactly as promised or even better than we expected! The restaurants were very good and the variety was perfect for a five day trip. We loved the private cabanas on the beach...a great way to unwind and enjoy a beautiful view of the Caribbean. The rooms were spacious and well appointed, however, the ocean front room we booked and paid for in advance was not available. The staff "upgraded" us to a Royal Suite, but it was hard to see what the upgrade was and without the sound of the waves hitting the beach, we were disappointed. The hotel was full and we really had no other options Thankfully we did not spend much time in the room.

Room Tip: Check-in was chaotic for everyone in our party. Six of the 18 rooms our party booked were "upg...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear valued traveler,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at El Dorado Royale resort & spa. It was a pleasure to welcome you.
I have already addressed your concerns with regards to room locations with our Inventory department and I can assure you that we have taken the correct measures to ensure from now on all our guests receive what they have booke.
It was a great honor to be chosen as the host of such a important occasion in your lives and we hope that you will return time and time again to relive the wonderful memories we created together.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

When planning my vacation, I asked my travel agent to start with the nicest resort in Riviera Maya. I told her that I had been there once before but wanted a nicer place on the beach that has great food! She recommended El Dorado Royale because she had stayed there in the past. She assured me that all rooms were close to the beach and the food was great. Not only was she very accurate, but I was completely impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and entire property. Every single staff member that we encountered was very helpful and friendly. Especially Cuba our beach server for the week! I will definitely be back and so will many of my friends and family!

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden view casita. It was lovely and only a short 2-3 minute walk to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diana R

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am happy to hear that your experience with our resort was in line with our reputation for upscale and quality service, which is all a part of our unique gourmet inclusive concept.

On behalf of El Dorado Royale, I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay at our resort.

All the best!

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Been to El Dorado Royale, by Karisma? Share your experiences!