We've just returned from spending 2 weeks on our honeymoon at the royale and what an amazing 2 weeks we had. Mexico is a beautiful country and the hotel was everything we could've wished for. If you like great service with amazing quality food and drink then look no further.
The choice of restaurants is amazing with no sweaty buffets in sight. The only exception to this is the cocotal restaurant for breakfast which offers great selection and amazing omelettes.
We had a swim-up room which we were so glad we paid the extra. Not only does it offer an alternative to the beach or numerous pools but it's allows you that bit of privacy. Plus with room service and drinks waiters you never go without. We did find that the room service was a little hit and miss at times, with delivery times being out by as much as double as the original time stated.
The cocktails, beer and wine are all nice with the martini lounge offering delicious chocolate and expresso martini's.
The complimentary honeymoon package of breakfast in bed, candle lit dinner on the beach, spar treatment and turn down service with jacuzzi prep really made it memorable.
I'm not sure whether we'd upgrade to the casitas as doesn't seem to offer enough extras to warrant the extra outlay.
All in all, an amazing hotel with great facilities, service and food. We would definitely consider coming back, even though we strive to go to new countries and resorts. Thanks for an amazing honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale