El Dorado Royale is one of the most beautiful resorts we have ever experienced. And I have been to several resorts
Entering the lobby is amazing ... a large pool in the center of the huge room. The arorma in the room is inviting (we bought the room spray they use ... even the bath rooms smelled wonderful.
The Outside Grounds are amazing. Simply beautiful !!!
The ground maintainence staff deserves many kudos ... and a significant raise in salary. They make this resort!!!
The Rooms were clean and comfortable, good bed with bedding ... I appreciate the hard working house keeping staff. Compared to other resorts, the rooms were just nice.
Every section had an conciere - very nice and most helpful
Dining - the food was wonderful and great wait staff. One issue I had was that after being on the beach or at the pool ... men had to put on a sleeved shirt ... women could throw on anything over the beach wear ... This is understandable at one of the nice dining rooms, but the pizzaria and the restaurant next to the beach ???
There are 2 speciality restaruants - Fluentes and Santa Fe - Trip Advisors warned us to make reservations the very 1st thing after arrival. We tried ... they were completely booked for 5 nights.
El Dorado has many "members" who return and they get priviledges and the reservations first.
So we never experienced these 2 dining places... but we heard they were wonderful.
If I had to do it over, I would call 3 weeks prior to arriving and make reservations.
Recommendation - Italian and the Japanesse - excellent! But make reservations or you will have to wait ...
Bars - Martini Bar (next to lobby) and Belini's - wonderful bars. At other bars you may have to ask for top shelf alcohol ... why they keep it under the counter is beyond my understanding.
Pools - pools were fun and beautiful - very playful and you get to meet folks from all over the world ...
Loungers at the pool - not enough to meet the demand. Loungers are placed on on top of each other, Truly - loungers are touching each other and you have no privacy so if you want some privacy, it will not be at the pool.
Very nice and comfortable Lounging Beds -- at the pool and around the grounds
Beach - really very lovely ...hard working men out there early in the morning to make it clean and attactive
One side of the beach was palapays and the other side was cabanas
Palapays - nice, but too close together
Cabanas - probably 6 inches apart and in the direct sun all day ... very little shade. You can only take it a couple of hours because it gets so intense the sun will bake you.
Unless you are completely uninhibited, there is no topless sunbathing - or you go to the far end of the beach cabanas and find a little privacy.
Beach servers - just one hard working woman doing her best to take care of everyone. Drinks only, no food served.
Pool side servers - again - 1 or 2 ... easier to just go get it yourself
The lunch pool grilling buffet was excellent (and you did not have to put on a sleeved shirt.)
Spa - wife had a bad experience. Made a reservation when we arrived. She had her print out paper showing Friday at 5:00 p.m. She wanted to come early and enjoy, but was told to come at 4:30 - when she appeared, they argued with her saying "your reservation is for Saturday at 5:00 - even though the printout clearly stated Friday. Some employee stepped in and said that there was a cancellation and she went in ... but she got a very expensive massage and then was told thank you ... it is over. She later learned that water features were available next door at the sister El Dorado Cassitas However - no one invited her to experience this or explained options.
Golf Carts -- Everywhere you walk there are golf carts - usually employees on their work projects. Some may even be a shuttle for guests. But, be prepared to get off the sidewalks.
Business Center - they stated that they had free WiFi and a business center. I just figured that I would go to the business center, But to use the computers was a cost ... and then I got on and everything was in Spanish ... I hope I hit the right key to send business emails
Even though there were some bumps in this resort, the wonderful staff and the stunning beauty of the resort made it a very good trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale