El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
US$288
US$278
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$257
US$682
US$541
US$347
US$305
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$264
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$327
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
11,154 results
All reviewsmartini barhealth barswim up roomsanta fesand bagscasita sectionk teamla isla poolfuentes poolour honeymoonroom serviceoutdoor showerswing bargreenhouse tourpersonal conciergewine pairingculinary theatre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our honeymoon trip so we booked our travel through a travel agent locally so all we had to do was pay and not worry about anything. We got a standard room and was supposed to have the honeymoon package included (breakfast in bed, decorations, bottle of wine, wifi, private beach dinner, 2x1 massage). We were told that all we needed to bring was the marriage license or a copy of an invitation to validate. when we got to the resort, nothing was mentioned, so I brought it up - he says, "not our fault, your room does not include this. sorry." So I asked what options we had... the only option - upgrading to a room that included it. I had to haggle with the guy and eventually paid an additional $700 for the upgrade. We STILL did not get ANY of the benefits from the honeymoon package. The management said they "would see what they could do". I had to go back and forth for 3 days until we got 30% off the massage we wanted. This was all we got out of that package.

Throughout the week, we were not treated that great by a couple of the bartenders and our concierge would come around the pool each day and talk to the folks around us, but never once came to check on us. I found this quite odd... regardless, we had a relaxing week.

Upon return, the first thing I did was contact my travel agent to get this sorted out. She contacted the resort and was told that we got a "discounted upgrade" and that was the reason that we did not get the honeymoon package. But they stated that we STILL got the breakfast in bed, decorations, and wine. We did not get ANY of that... but our agent was still kind enough to handle this out of her own pocket, rather than wait on the resort to stand up and resolve the situation.

I probably will not go back to this resort, not because the food was not delicious, or the beaches and pools were not beautiful, but for the sole reason of customer service. If we had an issue, they should have done all they could to make it right. But I did not feel that way.

The food here is great, the drinks are FANTASTIC, the beach and pools are beautiful, and most all of the butlers and bartenders were very nice. Maggie was our favorite butler on the beach!

Room Tip: if you have the option, the casitas rooms are perfect with their own bars and right next to the beach.
3  Thank Steven2324
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had an awesome time!! Couldn't be more happy with it!! Victor was the best waiter ever!!! Diego was great at the pool and getting activities organized! My husband and I are looking forward to going back again!! Very relaxing! Food was amazing (make sure to order more than 1 entree) Highly Highly recommend this place!! Linda from Starship Travel was the best getting everything ready for us to go!! If you need a GREAT travel agent call her!! starship travel.- 310 W Northwest hwy – Arlington heights, il 60004

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful!!
1  Thank Haidee G
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Firstly, let me state that the resort and room were absolutely spectacular and the food deserves 5 stars. We were greeted in reception with a cool rag infused with eucalyptus and a glass of champagne, and had a bottle of champagne and fresh fruit in our room waiting for us. What an excellent start to our honeymoon. Our concierges, Liz and Ruth, were wonderful and went above and beyond to ensure that my wife and I enjoyed our honeymoon. On our first day there Liz and Ruth helped me plan our entire week and even booked our reservations for dinner at the various restaurants. Basically if there was anything that we needed to make our stay better Liz and Ruth made it happen. Each restaurant was unique in its own way and the food was always great. My one suggestion would be to add staff members to assist with clearing off the tables as the waiters served both functions, which I know doubles there work load and these guys were constantly moving. This did not detract from our stay but I could see how hard these fine people were working.

The resort is spread out which makes the shuttle service all the more beneficial, although due to our location in the Casitas section we were not always able to secure one. There were even a couple of occasions when we were in the main resort section and were told by the shuttle drivers that they could not take us to the Casitas section. Perhaps there only designated shuttles for the main section, but we were never told of shuttles being pegged for the Casitas only so we just enjoyed the walks back to our room.

Now to discuss the hiccups. I am not a complainer and usually go with the flow but I like to be objective so other travelers have an honest picture and also the management of the resort can make necessary improvements. There was confusion of whether a resort credit weas valid with our honeymoon promotion when we were checking out. We booked the candlelight dinner and were told we cold upgrade to the lobster selection because we had a credit from the travel agency partner, and our concierge confirmed this with a phone call to the front desk. So there should not been any confusion since both Liz and Ruth always confirmed credits and reservations in front of us. The reception clerk said that it was not valid we and if we declined to pay the difference then the concierge would have to pay the difference out of her check. If there was a mistake and I can accept that but this upset me for 2 reasons; 1) if the resort, regardless of who makes the statement, makes an error in a promotion then they should immediately own the mistake, make the necessary adjustment and move on, 2) do not threaten to charge a hard working member of the staff to cover a discrepancy when that could easily be absorbed by the resort. We all work hard for our paychecks and should never have it threaten for simple mistakes. After going through this headache for the next couple of hours I was finally told that they would honor the credit and the concierge would not be charged. The annoying thing is that could have been rectified immediately instead of being dragged out unnecessarily for the latter part of our last day at the resort. There were other minor glitches resulting either not understanding the process applying of resort vouchers in the spa and check out at the main lobby that are not worth mentioning, but the rating of the 4 stars is highly attributed to how poorly the candlelight dinner credit was handled.

Outside of the voucher issue our stay was outstanding and we even made a friend on the wait staff in Jojo's and Cocotal. We always sat in Sammy's sections and his service was exceptional. Sammy even went out of his way to have a pineapple cut up for my wife for breakfast on 2 occasions when it was not available in the buffet. I could tell that Sammy took pride in his work and actually enjoyed interacting with the guests. I really enjoyed our time here and will definitely visit this or another Karisma resort in the future.

Room Tip: If you want ultimate privacy then I would book the Casita suite with the infinity pool. You are on the second floor so there is no direct traffic right in front of your room. If want you to be more interactive then pick the swim-up option as you have a direct access to the lazy river and are in close proximity to the pool and swim-up bar.
3  Thank KBHenry
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was our first time in Mexico, & the El Dorado Royale was the perfect choice. The hotel was spotlessly clean. The food in each restaurant was delicious, & the service excellent. Yes there are sandbags on the beach but they are not that bad and are there for a reason! We always found a lounger on the beach each day, but the main pools were quite busy. I would certainly recommend El Dorado Royale and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms were lovely
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Bev B
KarismaHotelsResorts, Gerente at El Dorado Royale, by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear United Kingdom friends,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent star here at El Dorado Royale. It is amazing to read that our guest truley appreciate our ardous efforts to preserve our beaches and Resort as a Luxury, relaxing and romantic ambience for vacationers such as yourself.
We will wait for you next year!

Best regards
Beat Müller
gm@eldoradoroyale.com.mx

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I must stay this was the best holiday ever!!

Me and my partner stayed in the El Dorado Royale in July for 10 days. Booked with Thomson and flew on the new Dreamliner, nice flight with extra leg room seats. Transfer from airport was quick as El Dorado was first drop off.

On arrival we had a welcome champagne and cocktail and a nice cold damp flannel. Check in was fast and we was taken to our room within 20 minutes.

Room was a Jucuzzi Swim up suite in the Sensi Mar section (room 5208) swim up room which connected to two pools..the quiet Sensi Mar pool and a main activity pool, excellent location we had the sun from sunrise until about 3pm.
Clean Spacious room, mini bar stocked every day, decent hairdryer and Revlon/No.7 magnifying light mirror (excellent if you where make up as the lighting in rooms is not the brightest).
Having a key for the safe is a bit outdated but it never really bothered me.

I would like to say a massive thanks to Billy, Danny and Carlos who were our personal concierge throughout our stay, always happy to help. The rose petals and cake towel art on my birthday were lovely.

Restaraunts were all gourmet inclusive sit down and be waited on, Portions can be small but remember you can order more then 1 starter, main or dessert each. So after a couple of days we was doing just that. Every meal I ate was delicious.
We never felt we had to tip any of the waiters but the service provided was so good we tipped anyway. I did not see any waiters favour guests that were tipping I got excellent service from each bar and restaurant I went to. They do not sell wine by the glass and the bottles I thought were quite pricey for a standard white (Chardonnay/Pinot Grig) There are so many places to eat, our favourite was Jo Jos for lunch and dinner and La Cocatol for breakfast which was buffet or menu. Our favourite Bar was the Beach Bar.

The Beach was beautiful in places, and I would reccommend wearing pumps as there stones and rock as well as sand in places and yes there are sand bags to break the waves and preserve the sandy beach.. but we just snorkelled around them and loved feeding the fish bread in the morning.

The hotel and grounds are the cleanest and tidiest I have ever seen, always polite staff gardening and greeting with a friendly 'hola'. I really cannot wait to return to this hotel. It is an amazing place to stay and you really do get a 5 star service.

I would not pay much attention to the bad reviews, some people cannot be pleased and always want more. I worried myself with the bad reviews before my stay as I wanted this holiday to be special for my partner and for my 30th and I don't think I could have picked a better place to stay, met some lovely people (Kansas).

So thanks again El Dorado Royale, I hope to be back again soon. Might try a swim up at the Casitas next time though.

Room Tip: Stayed In Block 52 in the very quiet Sensi Mar section, Excellent Swim up Suite, would recommend the upgrade
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank fifigrimble

Dear fifigrimble,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am happy to hear that your experience with our resort was in line with our reputation for upscale and quality service, which is all a part of our unique gourmet inclusive concept. Both, our manager and executive chef have tuned-in very well with the spirit of our site and they have been heartily welcomed in our team to make this the unique Gourmet Inlusive.

On behalf of El Dorado Royale, I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay at our resort.

All the best!