We spent a week at the El Dorado Royale for our wedding, with a group of 22.
We were upgraded to a Swim-up Casita and have nothing but fantastic things to report. The personal concierge service was amazing, the Casita room was outstanding with a king size bed and outdoor shower. Always clean rooms (the tub did have some scuff marks and water stains but that is to be expected in hotels with high volume. Can't expect them to replace the tubs every 6 months), and everything we requested was brought to us promptly. The staff will do almost anything to make your stay perfect! The service in the casita section was incredible. They came by our beach beds in the morning asking if we wanted a news paper, magazine, water, etc. They would deliver lunches in coolers if you were at the swim-up bar, ice cream came around at 3pm, it was fantastic!!!
We have read many reviews on this site and realized that the people who had nothing but complaints were the ones who spent their vacation looking for problems rather than enjoy the beautiful resort! One morning at breakfast, the table next to us had the chef come out with the restaurant manager to complain for almost 10 minutes about the toaster not toasting their bagels enough! Come on, that is beyond ridiculous... however, we happened to be walking through the restaurant around lunch and they had the toaster taken apart! So rest assured the resort does listen to your complaints, petty or not.
Premium booze was great, clean pools at perfect temperature, and always plenty of beach and pool side beds available.
The food was outstanding at every restaurant. I suspect a little over indulgence on sugar filled booze and food would and did cause some a little stomach upset after the first couple of days, but I had no problems. We tried all of the restaurants, and loved every one. I found the fish dishes to be my favourites, particularly the beach BBQ mahi-mahi!
The purpose of this trip was for our wedding, and despite a few scares in the months preceding the trip (Resort change, wedding coordinator change) everything went perfectly. The Presidential gazebo was a stunning location, with a great ceremony performed by the Minister. The after dinner reception was great, although we had only paid until 10:30pm and they shut it down and cut the music not a minute later (despite our offering of money to stick around for another hour). The party just moved over to Guacamaya's bar and carried on until almost 2:30am.
The service here was outstanding. Of course with a staff as large as El Dorado Royale has, there is bound to be a few bad apples, but over the 7 days we spent there only 2 or 3 employees seemed to be in a bad mood. Everyone else went above and beyond our expectations and always greeted and served us with a smile.
This was a fantastic trip, and of course with a group of 22 people over 7 days there were a few hiccups along the way, but none worthy of reporting here. A great trip, great resort, and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’Top 100 Hotels in the world and a AAA Four Diamond Resort, El Dorado Royale is an adults-only destination that provides the ultimate in service in the ultimate setting.With more than a mile of sandy beach in Mexico's Riviera Maya, El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort, by Karisma offers an escape which no other destination can match. All the luxuries you can dream of, combined with an emphasis on personal attention to your every whim, make this an ideal location for a getaway. Travelers join us from around the world for romantic outdoor beach weddings or ceremonies in our intimate beachfront chapel, relaxing honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, or just much needed time off. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Dorado Royale, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Royale Hotel Riviera Maya
- El Dorado Royale Mexico
- El Dorado Royale Cancun
- El Dorado Royale Spa Resort
- El Dorado Royale Resort
- Eldorado Royale