“The best”

GreenLeadersGold level
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Visited the Paraiso May/June 2012, our fourth visit and the best yet.

On this visit being our fourth, we were upgraded to an ocean front room. We always thought an ocean front would be too far away from all the restaurants etc. but after experiencing one I could not recommend them highly enough.
Our butler was superb, he asked our preferences for the mini bar, my husband asked for Jim Beam and a bottle soon appeared, on the day before we left (two week holiday) seeing the bottle was nearly empty the butler wanted to send a replacement which we declined but it was really sweet of him to do that. I asked for freshly squeezed orange juice and a couple of glasses were put in the fridge every morning. Every day the butler asked what more he could do for us and the answer was nothing as everything was just perfect.
All the restaurants were fantastic, I cannot fault any of the staff, they were all exceptional.

I cannot wait to return May 2013.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in have been very nice, but the Ocean front rooms are rather special.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank HJB891
IberostarMexico, QUALITY MANAGER at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort for the fourth time, that means a lot to us. We are honored to have had the opportunity to serve you. Your generous words are greatly appreciated as we are certain your review will prove invaluable to other travelers.

We look forward to host you again to the Iberostar Grand Paraiso; “Your home away from home”.

Iberostar Mexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,418)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Their seems to be the loyalist that brag over and over. Personally, I don't get it. Secrets Maroma, Silversands, Royal Hideaway all blow this place away.

Me: 40 yr old married, kids at home. Not looking for the bar scene. Wife and I are Seasoned travelers that's not afraid to over tip for good service.

Very sterile would be best way to some up my experience.

Hotel was at less than 50% occupancy.
Mostly Europeans and S. American clients early in the week.

Good: entertainment staff go out of their way to interact with you. Toni's steakhouse was the best meal of the week.
Alberto the beach server saved this from being a one star rating. He should be moved up as he was the only person that seemed genuinely happy to see you.
Room was cleaned and turned down on a very consistent basis.
Spa indoor pool and jets was an excellent way to finish the day.
Beach massage a great deal, spa massage the highest price I have ever seen.
Ample space on the beach. If you were willing to pick up and move dirty towels.

Negatives on a 5 star: towel game was in full effect which was highlighted by the staff not picking up. Towels laid strewn all over the place all day.

At peek occupancy, I could see heated discussions being made over this as pool shade was impossible unless you went out and staked claim or have the balls to toss the empty sunscreen bottles used to mark their spot. Which i did..

Afternoon at the pool- tables would have plates and glasses stacked high and falling into the pool.

Mini fridge stocked twice over 8 days.
Lunch buffet was very much the same every day. Food was good but I can see visitors from the US get frustrated.
* hotel * add some pasta options to the lunch buffet once in a while.

Room Tip: Take a higher floor to reduce the room noise if you want to sleep past 8.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Willberisford
Dear guest,

On behalf of Iberostar Grand Hotel we would like to thank you for the time you spent to let us know such a valuable feedback of your stay at the property. This review will be shared to our staff and managers as we are compromised to our guest satisfaction and to improve every time upon the excellent service you deserve.

We appreciate you been mentioning some highlights of your experience as entertainment, housekeeping and waiter service; in the other hand we are deeply sorry for the bad impression you took home due pool area and services in addition of the variety of food were not what you expected.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as we are confident to change this last experience for a new excellent one.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stayed at the Grand for our honeymoon 9/24 thru 10/5/12. My family members, 2 couples,have stayed here before and I've stayed at the Parasio Lindo & Tucan previously.

I have read a ton of reviews on this hotel plus picked my relatives brains before selecting the Grand. I've seen others do the Pro's and Con's so I will as well by good, bad, & Change it!

Good: The entire staff works very hard and we saw workers in different roles from sun up to sundown.

The food on the most part at buffets was good however if you're looking for hot meals you should order off the menu.

The speciality restaurants were good except the Italian restaurant was just ok. Like others we had a hard time getting reservations for the times we wanted. So, we decided just to show up sometimes over an hour before our reservation and still got into a half to quarter full restaurant.

Bad: We were on our honeymoon and were told to bring a copy of our marriage license for an upgrade. Since it's the slow season we thought there'd be no problems since I had already paid for an oceanfront room. Well we were told they closed down one building and I would have to pay more for an upgrade.

The air conditioning does go off at night and it got a little warm in the middle of the night. You would be miserable if it was the hot season.

During our stay all the ice machines in our building except for one broke down. You could call for ice and an hour later you'd get it but still a bit of inconvenience.

Change it: For the price you pay for this resort I agree with others that posted free wifi in rooms. Also, satellite TV with more choices.

Buffets every night not just 3 times a week. Also, ditch the pants rule for men.

Also, just because it's the slow season it shouldn't be an excuse to giving sub standard service.

So, while this is not a five star hotel I'd still say it's a nice place.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Derekpa
Dear guest,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to communicate us your opinion about your last stay at the IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

We are extremely sorry that we did not meet your expectations; your feedback is of most importance to us, as it helps us to improve our services and avoid such problems in future. We are very concerned to read that your experience did not live up to our usual level of service. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you had with the lights and the ice machine. We have shared your comments with our Food & Beverages Manager and our Maintenance Manager in order to improve and enhance quality.

We are looking forward to the possibility of welcoming you back to our Hotel and give us another chance to show you the quality in service we are capable to offer.

Best regards,
Quality Manger
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

BEST RESORT EVERRRRR!!! My boyfriend and I went to this resort for 7 days in December 2011. I've been to Cuba, Dominican Republic, and another resort in Mexico in the past. Although at the time at those other resorts I thought they were amazing; after going to the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso I will never go to another resort. This resort was SOOOOO AMAZING. Here are a few points which I found different about this resort from others that I would like to highlight....

ADULTS ONLY - Being at an adults only resort was AWESOME. It was great seeing the adults playing games in the pool. It felt like recess all over again... :)

FREE INTERNET - There were 3 computers available near the lobby. In addition, there was free wireless internet available in the lobby and by the concierge area in the hotel. Every other resort I've been to you had to to pay extra for internet.

NO TOWEL CARDS - You just went up to the desk and asked for a towel. No room number given, no towel cards to loose. It was great. Thanks for trusting us. :)

FREE SUNSCREEN - At the same desk you got your towels from by the pool they had free sunscreen. There was a variety of strengths and brands.

PILLOW MENU - You got to choose the type of pillow you wanted from a menu.

ROOM SERVICE - Was simply amazing. Excellent food and service. We even got a leg of lamb delivered from one of the 'a la carte' restaurants. Every time we called and made an order they'd always ask "and what else?" so I'd think for a second and say another item. They again would say "and what else?". It would go on and on. By the end of it I ordered so much food! It was all delicious.

BUTLER - So very helpful it creeped me out at times. More so just because I'm not used to having someone predict my wants and needs before I even know I want them. One evening my boyfriend ordered a shot of whisky from room service. The next day we had a full bottle of whisky waiting in our room when we got back from the beach. What crazy awesome service! Another day we got back from the beach and there was a hot bubble bath already drawn. I thought my boyfriend asked the butler to do that but he didn't. The butler did scare the crap out of me one day when we were walking down the hallway. He popped out from behind one of the pillars and greeted me "How was your day? Can I do anything for you?". I swear he just popped out of no where!...lol.

MINI FRIDGE IN ROOM - Was stocked with cans of pop. I much prefer cans over bottles so this was a big plus for me. In addition they had great beer in there such as Budweiser and Dos Equis.

MAIN POOL - Was a salt water pool which was GREAT. It was a fair size and a fair depth. I'm 5'4'' and when I stood in the water it would range anywhere from mid bust up to my chin.

INDOOR POOL - Was heated. Felt like a super large bath tub.

FOOD - Was spectacular. I'm an extremely picky eater. At every other resort I've been to I'd start to get tired of the food halfway through my 7 day trip. This did not happen at this resort.

BUFFET BY BEACH - So beautiful inside and outside by the beach. Stunning views as you're eating.

I look forward to going back some time soon! :)

Room Tip: 'Junior Suite' rooms are closer to the buffets than 'Junior Suite Oceanfront' rooms...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank 40Nugget
Dear guest,
Thank you for your delightful review. We appreciate that you took the time to remember us. Your memorable experience is a true testament of the dedication of our Staff to ensure that you have all the necessary ingredients for an unforgettable vacation. The fact that we continue to receive positive reviews from you is proof of our commitment to consistent and quality service.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we are grateful for the time you took to specify the highlights of your trip: scenic property, delicious and varied food; friendly and efficient staff and relaxing beach. We hope that you will continue to give us the pleasure of hosting you when next you are planning your vacation as we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

We just got back from 6 days at the hotel and from the moment we got there it was amazing! The staff couldn't have been nicer. A big thank you to Samanya who upgraded our room, which was the best. Antonio was a wealth of knowledge and so nice. We spent sometime with Perfecto at the bar, best bartender ever!!! The property was so clean and anything you needed they got for you. The food was excellent and such a big assortment you were always sure to find something you liked. The beach was probably the nicest I have been to, very clean and well maintained. It was so much fun feeding the animals as you came out of the buffet. I highly recommend your morning drink being the Hummingbird, it just starts your day off right. I can't say enough good about this property. It seemed most people we talked with were return travelers, I know my husband and I will be also!

Room Tip: Any one of them facing the ocean would be great. I'm not sure I would stay in another building...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tootie18
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We were delighted to read that you were able to experience most of our facilities at the property and enjoyed the experience.
All your kind comments with regards to our staff, facilities, the cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the quality of our restaurants are greatly appreciated.
Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your husband back at Iberostar Grand Paraiso, hopefully in the very near future.
Best Regards,
Iberostar Mexico.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

We just arrived back home from 7 days in pure heavenly bliss. The hotel was immaculate in all aspects. From the moment we arrived we knew that our wedding was going to be perfect. The wedding coordinator (Jessica) was phenomenal. She made us feel so at ease and took care of all of the wedding down to the finite details. You could not ask for a better place to get married on the beach.

The staff you could tell loved their jobs. The concierge service and butler service were top notch; always available whenever something was needed. The lobby bar was very relaxing and the top shelf liquor options were something that is not typical in all-inclusive resorts. The spa services were again top notch as everything else.

Haiku was our favorite restaurant but all of the restaurants on property did not disappoint. If you have any hesitation about booking don't let it sway you away from staying here. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Building 70 and 71 (Oceanfront) are the best options. Asked for an upgrade and all but 1 group in o...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Chantel H
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your kind words and wedding feedback. And most important thing thank you for giving us the opportunity to make your dreams come true, we are glad to read know that we succeeded in delivering the highest level of service and products, during your celebration and the professionalism of our wedding coordinator, butler and concierge service on your stay.

Thank you for recommending us and I can assure you your observations has been shared with all the team here. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.

Best regards,
Gastonia, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

The Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso is what you have read about in the many reviews on Tripadvisor. I agree with every excellent rating and review about the food, rooms, and service. I want to focus on some things I think would help improve the experience.

About me, I am a solo traveler who likes to spend time in my room enjoying room service and relaxing, as well as the rest of the resort.

It's time to upgrade the televisions. HDTV and the programming that goes with it are a must along with high speed wifi in the rooms. These rooms already have great energy saving technology, it's time to match that with entertainment technology.

When sleeping in, I could hear housekeeping moving beds across those beautiful floors while cleaning. Those king size beds could use a locking caster system to save on the floor markings, noise abatement, and reduced back pain from moving.

The room service menu got tired after a couple of days. Maybe a daily room service special would be a nice suggestion.

Ok, now to the title of this review. The people at the IGHP are what made my visit. You can have all the best materials in the world on your floors and walls, the best food in the world on your plate, and the most amazing view from your room, but if the people are not truly glad you came, then why bother. Thank you to Carlos, Joel, and Soledad just to name a few, It's my fault for not being able to mention more, for I can't recall the name behind so many genuine smiles.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank upsmanclt
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. We feel privileged to have had the opportunity to serve you. It was also a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your holidays among us so much.

Your suggestions have been duly noted and we assure you that we will bear them in mind.

We thank you sincerely for choosing the Iberostar Grand Paraiso and we trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
4.5 of 5 bubbles 11,450 reviews
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#20 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,813 reviews

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!