“excellent place to relax &dine”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We spend our 50 Wedding Anniversary @ The Grand Paraiso! and we cant say enough of the staff and the Star Friends ,that made our stay Unforgettable where ever we went !!
and ion every Restaurant !!
We will return !Hola

5  Thank beach397
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff we would like to thank you for your friendly review!

It is very nice to read comments like yours, as they make us feel very happy and proud. Congratulations once again for your anniversary and thank you for giving us the opportunity to share with you such an special moment.

Every day we work very hard to pamper our guests and create unforgettable experiences. To read that you indeed had one, is the best award we could receive.

We really hope to welcome you back soon at your home away from home.

Kind regards,

Iberostar Mexico

Write a ReviewReviews (6,149)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I just got back from a 4 night stay with 4 friends at the Grand. It was absolutely amazing. This was by far the nicest all inclusive we have ever stayed! I highly recommend. The staff were wonderful. The property was very clean, even the public bathrooms by the pools were spotless! The rooms were really big and the beds were so comfortable. There is a pillow menu and you can order all different kinds of pillows! The food was really good. If you like seafood you will love it, there is always a lot of that. We dined at Toni's Surf and Turf the one night and it was delicious. I wish we would have tried the other a la carte restaurants! They have top shelf alcohol which I have yet to see at any of the other all inclusives I have been too. They have a nice beach and if you walk a few feet towards the Lindo you can actually get into the ocean. Again, I am not used to that in Riviera Maya as the beach is typically rocky. The chairs by the pool are very comfortable with cushions on them, you can have as many towels as you want! Although as with all inclusive you need to get their early to get a chair. I mean 8 am should be fine. Just put your towels and a book down. There is always staff coming around to see if you want drinks. I will say the crowd is a bit older but we didn't mind(we are in our 30s) If you want night life or a younger crowd you can go to one of the other Iberostar resorts in walking distance or golf cart distance! Oh and there were no kids! It was very relaxing! I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank delaware97

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your feedback here on Trip Advisor as well for choosing our hotel for your getaway.

It is a great pleasure to hear that we have been able to fulfill your expectations with the highest levels of comfort, attention to detail and quality of our services. We really appreciate that you recommend us.

Thank you for praising our staff as wonderful, it is always a great motivation for the entire team to receive positive compliments of our guests. Our main goal is to satisfy any requests of our guests and we are glad to hear that with our service we have contributed to your memorable experience.
We are thrilled to hear how much you have enjoyed our services including our restaurants, beach and pool area.

Once again we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinion, and we really hope to have the honor of welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is the third stay for us within 1 year at the Iberostar Grand. You can't beat the service from the staff. They are there to get you whatever you need or want. The Resort is very clean and well kept. The food is great. If you do not see something ask for it and they will get it for you. We stay at the Grand which is adults only! Again fabulous. We are looking forward to our next stay with them.

5  Thank wbernardino
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff we would like to thank you for your last visit to our hotel. It is a great pleasure to know that it was your third visit to Iberostar Grand.

Your comments are very important for us and we are delighted to hear that with the exclusive services and unique facilities we offer, we have been able to fulfill your expectations, and that you have enjoyed such a wonderful stay among us. Also we loved to know that our gastronomy conquered your taste.

It is good to read that our staff was part of your great experience and that you are looking forward to your next stay, it will be a real pleasure to welcome you once again.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our honeymoon three years late. I'd been to an Iberostar almost a decade before as a teenager and was excited to experience things on the Grand side.

I truly will not wait that long to return to an Iberostar resort, especially the Grand Paraiso. Everything was outstanding. From their transportation recommendations to get to the hotel to the very second we left their property, the experience was stunning.

The hotel was beautiful, the staff was incredibly welcoming and attentive to detail, the food was delicious, the rooms clean and comfortable, the drinks top-notch and the service was five-star.

When you go on vacation you want to get away and relax and the Iberostar Grand Paraiso does that. Their Star Friends staff, their dining room servers and managers, their concierge, their cleaning crew, everyone was outgoing and made the extra effort to KNOW you. I cannot say enough about the experience and trip.

I CANNOT wait to return. I'd be back tomorrow if I could.

Relax, take it all in and be thankful. The Iberostar Grand Paraiso is a truly special experience.

Room Tip: Rooms are all great. Even if your view is blocked by garden foliage, just enjoy the sounds and feel...
8  Thank Chris P

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor following to your stay at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

We are very pleased to hear about your satisfaction, especially concerning our staff and the quality of our service. Please be assured that your comfort and satisfaction are our main concern and we will share your feedback with all of our staff members; they will be very motivated!

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again. We will do our best to make your stay a great experience once again

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This resort has it all. The staff are top notch. Anything you want or need, they accomidate. There is not enough space to give them all the praise they deserve. You can truly relax and forget about your busy life while staying there -- they pamper you. If you are thinking about staying anywhere else, don't!!! This is where you want to stay for sure!!!

4  Thank adamvic1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review! We were happy to read that you had an excellent vacation and that you were able to truly relax.

The fact that you were delighted with our service and facilities, lead us to think we are doing a good job and will strive to do it better and better every day. Our team will be motivated with your friendly review; it is good to know that they were part of your amazing experience.

We look forward to seeing you again at Iberostar Grand Paraiso.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I cannot wait to go back. It was my first trip to the Iberostar resorts and I could not be happier with my stay. I am not sure what there is to complain about with this resort, great food, quiet beach, excellent staff (starfriends made it easy to feel included and meet other guests), and the top shelf drinks were a nice surprise. We did not stay in building 70 or 71 (building 73) but I had no problem making the walk down to the pool or beach every morning, a whole five minutes. Like the reviews say, its best to go get a towel and reserve your chair by the pool and beach in the morning (by 9am), also I would recommend the side closest to the little mermaid bar as you get more sun all day. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I enjoyed building 73 as it was a little quieter than the beach front rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank C B

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso as well as for writing your kind review on Trip advisor. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay!
Thank you also for your compliments – our whole team appreciates them.

It would be a pleasure for us to contribute to your positive travel experiences in the future too!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

From the first moment we arrived, everyone and I mean everyone was amazing.....We got a nice upgrade...Aracely at the front desk was so friendly, Oscar took our bags and was so gracious, the star friends, edwardo, Christian, jenny, eder, Andres and JZ were simply the best.....The concierge service, the bell boys....They all went out of their way to make our honeymoon so pleasant.

The Food and drinks were top notch....If you know how to cook, you are never overwhelmed by the taste of food unless of course it is exceptional...I cannot say that any meal was so exceptional but it all tasted very yummy....

Don't be afraid to alter things, tell them what you want.....I made changes to my mimosa and used mandarin juice and grapefruit juice instead of OJ and had the most delicious mimosa ever.

The beach is quite spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall I have been won over by Iberostar as a group....I am planning my next vacation in Punta Cana and looking to stay at the Iberostar there.

I hope they pay their employees well enough to do what they do because they really go above and beyond.

4  Thank leeleangel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments following your stay with us, we appreciate the opportunity to make your honeymoon as special as we could.

We are very proud of our staff at the Grand and it is always very pleasant to receive kind comments like yours. We constantly strive to exceed our guests' expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. We will pass your kind comments onto the staff to let them know that their service is recognized!

We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#2 of 217 in Playa del Carmen
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!