“Beautiful and Relaxing Vacation!”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
“Beautiful and Relaxing Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just came home early this morning. This was our second trip to an Iberostar Grand and it did not disappoint. From the minute we came into the lobby and until we left one week later, we were greeted by the loveliest people, big smiles and always asking "What can we do to make your stay more pleasurable? Our room faced the ocean and we loved to relax on our balcony seated either on our couch or bigg hammock. The buffets were excellent and the al a carte restaurants were very elegant and food fantastic. High quality drinks were served always. I noticed how extremely clean everything was. Our room was elegant, quiet and comfortable ... even a pillow menu.

We enjoyed getting to know some of our waiters who made us smile. Shout out to Alberto and Manuel. This hotel is first class all the way. So beautiful ... we would go back. It's not party central, but that's just the way we like it!

Room Tip: We liked the beach front, but it looked like any room would have a good views as the grounds are so...
6 Thank Kelly C
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for coming to the IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso, it was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel.

We are so happy to hear that you had a smooth and relaxing time with us, our main goal is to meet our guests’ expectations, and to read that you even have a nicer time than before, it is a good sign that we are doing a good job.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to specify the highlights of your trip, such as the special mention of our friendly staff, the buffets and restaurants, our top notch drinks, the cleanness in the hotel and the elegance of our rooms.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to this your home away from home IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

Best regards,

Quality manager
IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,420)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I have been to all-inclusives 15 times, including 3 prior Iberostar resorts. This was my first Iberostar Grand. My review is offered in the context of my other A.I. vacations, comparing the Grand to other resorts I have visited.

First let me say that the positive things mentioned in other reviews were all very accurate.
> Extraordinary service. Friendly helpful staff. Attentive bar tenders and waiters.
> Better than average food both in the a la carte's and buffets.
> Best beer, wine and spirits selection I've ever experienced.
> Spacious clean rooms.
> Excellent wide beach, great for long walks.
> Beautiful ornate common areas, bars and lobby.
> Big theatre where we enjoyed two very professional shows.
> Large pools...both a more active one and a more sedate one, depending upon your mood.
> Access to the Spa water treatment area and gym.
> Two free rounds of golf included for the week (although we didn't golf).

I have always said that the best A.I. resorts pay attention to detail and that makes all the difference. Here are a few examples at the Grand:

We were able to make our dinner reservations, mini-bar selection and pillow selection in advance, on-line. When I e-mailed them in advance to request a king size room, I got replies from both the guest services manager and housekeeping manager acknowledging my request. Although they said they would do their very best but couldn't guarantee, I appreciated the prompt reply and upon check-in we got the room type we requested.

We visited during the last week of the winter Olympics. Being Canadian we wanted to see the gold medal men's hockey game which happened to be on at 6 am local time. The hotel made special arrangements to open the Rhapsody bar for a small group of Canadian fans, fired up the satellite TV and set up coffee, tea and pastries for the group. We were able to see our boys crush the Swedes live. Now that's service if you're a hockey fan!

I love this. You can take as many beach towels as you want, whenever you want and they thank you profusely when you return the used ones like you're doing them a huge favour. The chair reserving game does go on around the pool, but just tell the pool concierge that you want a chair and they'll clear one for you that is obviously not being used. We went mostly to the beach and never had a problem getting chairs and a palapa. They even have sunscreen at the towel hut if you need it.

We didn't meet our butler when we arrived which wasn't an issue for us, but on two occasions when we asked for earlier maid service and when we needed ice (ice machines were empty), the butler was dispatched to handle it and it was rectified immediately.

And everyone we encountered consistently asked if everything was to our satisfaction and if there was anything they could do for us. It wasn't just going through the motions, it was sincere.

There are no major negatives worth mentioning. I would offer a couple of suggestions that might improve things a little. This is not a party resort and we didn't want one, but some live music around the pool during the day and outside in the evening might liven up the atmosphere a bit. A few more outside sitting / gathering areas with bar service for that pre-dinner or after dinner drink would be welcome.

Overall, this is an outstanding all inclusive resort.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank bluenosehoser
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your delightful review. We are thrilled to have heard about the fantastic vacation you recently enjoyed with us here at the IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso and as a repetitive guest of IBEROSTAR we double thank you for the loyalty and for choosing us. We hope that you had a pleasant return trip back home.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we are grateful you took the time to specify the highlights of your trip: extraordinary service, top notch drinks, quality of food at the buffet and a la carte restaurant, our beautiful facilities and rooms, beach and especially our friendly and efficient staff. It is always motivating for the staff to receive comments like yours; be sure that we will share with them that they were part of your happiness.

We would like to have the opportunity to explain how our butler service works at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso. Our butlers are in charge of a section of rooms, normally around 25 to 35 rooms each. Prior to all arrivals they check the rooms to guarantee our high quality standards. Once our guests check in, they greet them personally in the room to indicate how everything works and give our guests a brief explanation of our services and facility locations. During the process they will assist our guests with any special requirements including the customization of their mini bar, the selection of their pillows from our menu and the arrangement of any preferable time for their room cleaning and turn down service. Overall they will assist with anything our guests might need during their stay when they are required. Our guests only need to make one call to the Concierge Desk and the butler will appear at their door step or make their request happen. At check out they make a final inspection of the room to verify our guests do not forget any personal items.

We would like to thank you for the recommendations made and we do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I recently spent a week (Feb 24- Mar 3) at the Iberostar Grand and were totally blown away by the place. What a fantastic facility. Wonderful and endless food, great pools, extremely accomodating and helpful staff. They go out of their way to make sure that you have everything that you could possibly want. Should there be something missing from your room/minibar or whatever, it appears at your door within minutes of asking for it and usually in multiples. We will definitely be returning to this Iberostar in the future plus visiting other Iberostar Grand locations. The only thing that we would change is the firmness of the bed - it was a little soft for our personal liking but certainly not something that would prevent us from returning again. Make sure you make your dinner reservations as soon as possible as the "formal" dining times fill up fast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

2 Thank Colette W
Dear guest,

First of all thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor regarding your recently stay with us, we are more than glad to know that our service and facilities made your vacations unforgettable. We will share your comments with our team.

We are so happy to hear that you had a smooth and relaxing time with us, our main goal is to meet our guests’ expectations, and to read that you had such a nice time is a good sign that we are doing a good job and will continue making efforts to exceed your expectations.

Your suggestions have been duly noted and we assure you that they will be taken into account.

We hope that you will not hesitate to return in the near future as it would be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Yarmouth, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was our second vacation to this resort. We travelled from January 27 to February 14, 2014. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in February 2013 and for us it did not compare to IGP. I can’t begin to say enough about the high level of service we received. The Star Friends are outstanding and by far the best entertainment staff we have ever encountered. The beach and pool concierge never stop and I felt like we were treated like royalty. On more than one occasion I was brought fresh dry towels without request and the sunscreen basket was a nice touch too. The food was simply the best of the best. I would rate this resort a true 5+ star. We will be returning for our third trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori H
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso hotel. We appreciate that you for toke the time to write a review on Trip advisor about your experience at our hotel.

We are very pleased with your response about the great service provided by our staff and the delicious food. It is very motivating to hear your comments and we can assure you that we will share them with our team.

We look forward to receive you for the third time.

Best regards,

Quality manager
Hudson, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at the Grand so we could have the EXTRA services a 5 star hotel offers! Not one thing was extra special! We stayed in the ocean front suite which was suppose to have a hot tub on the deck. Our room was nothing special and the hot tub didn't work . We were told there was 24 hour room service , but never told it was a limited menu (no breakfast)! We ordered from room service 3 times and never received our order on time or complete!!! We did enjoy the beach but the beach side bar service was a joke. If you are going to choose Iberostar don't waste your money on the Grand. Stay in a regular room and don't expect great service. I will say the food was good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank gogorunner
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate that you took the time to review your experience so far.

We apologize about the errors made, be it due to genuine human error or certain protocols not being followed. Certainly the aim of our correspondence today is not to find excuses but rather acknowledge your feedback, apologize, and take actions based on your comments. Please note that we have personally passed your feedback on to our Food & Beverage Management in order to review to correct the areas you just mentioned, and likewise with our Maintenance Department concerning your hot tub.

Once again, we truly apologize about not meeting your expectations this time, and we hope you give us the opportunity to be your hosts again the next time you are thinking of visiting the Riviera Maya.

Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had wanted to stay at the Grand (adults only) after seeing it when we were at the Lindo 2 years ago. It has since been voted the best 'all-inclusive' by tripadvisors, and it is worth it. The staff can not do enough for you or sort out a problem if you have one. We stayed in a Junior Suite in the main part of the hotel. The room was well set out with a king size bed, sofa, settee and basket swing on the balcony. There were 2 sinks, a shower and Jacuzzi(bath) in the bathroom. There are 3 pools, the main, indoor and 'tranquility', all with Jacuzzis. We enjoyed the afternoons by the tranquillity pool, being supplied with drinks when we wanted. The food was excellent in all the restaurants and buffets, all of which we tried. We look forward to go back there in the future!!!

3 Thank PhlynSimpson
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recently stay in our hotel, it was truly a pleasure for the staff of the Grand Paraiso Hotel have the opportunity to host you, and for that reason we would like thank you for letting us know that you had a great experience.

We hope you come back for your next holidays, and we can assure you that we will take care of you and help you to relax and enjoy this magnificent experience again.

Our best wishes to you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I visited this hotel in Feb , all I can say is its the place to stay if you want top class service, beautiful hotel, excellent food and relaxing holiday , I stayed with my girlfriend and we loved every minuet of being there, we used all the restaurants and all are very good we liked the surf and turf best out of them all , I must add that the buffet is very good as well, we wished we had made better use of it tbh , the pools are great very quiet at the tranquil one and quite busy at the other , the pool bars fun with many cocktails to be had all top shelf stuff no cheap alternatives even grey goose if you can beet the yanks to it :-) , get down early with your towel by the way .
we tried snorkling , parasending and I had a massage at the lido , (hotel next door).
the room was a semi sea view and was very clean and to a high standard . a couple of tips watch out for mozzis they are bad in mexico I got bit 3 times o the 1st night, make use of the room service for breakfast saves leaving your room 1st thing and the buffet room next to the beach is better for dinner than the main room on the hotel , don't buy the mozzi bands of the Thomas cook rep on the bus they don't work trust me , get yourself a descent replant .
Only down side is now we are struggling to find a better place to visit next year , have I spoilt it for myself in the future :-) ......

Room Tip: room service make use of it surf and turf the best restaurant try and upgrade room get a descent...
8 Thank Dave W
Dear Guest

We are very grateful for your kind review regarding your recent stay at our hotel IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

The whole staff starting from the chef with your kind compliments, beverage staff, and housekeeping team, really appreciate your recognition. We work every day to win your trust by offering the best quality in all our services, now with your comments we know that we are on the right track.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Paraiso for another great vacation and we will do our best to make your stay the best experience once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
4.5 of 5 bubbles 11,459 reviews
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#19 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,816 reviews

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!