“Perfect Anniversary”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Everything about our stay was absolutely fantastic. The Grand Paraiso was the epitome of luxury and relaxation. The beauty and grandeur of the buildings and grounds was stunning. The dining options enabled us to enjoy a variety of delicious food served by a caring and pleasing staff. Access to a spacious beach and three different pools, on the property, made our time in the sun and sand quite memorable. My wife and I were looking for a special place to celebrate our fortieth wedding anniversary and we found a paradise. The staff took care of our every need. Everything from making sure our pillows had just the right firmness, to daily replenishing our mini bar with all the special items we desired. Every evening we also had delicious chocolates to end our perfect day. Everyone was accommodating and friendly. One young staff member, Ximena really went out of her way, every day, to offer her help. She would always take the time to answer our questions and remind us of activities offered each day. Her enthusiasm was contagious as she conducted water exercises and organized other activities. We didn't feel as though the staff members were employees, they made us feel like new friends. We could not imagine a better place to stay for our special getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
5  Thank triolap
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear guest,

It is an honor for us that you have decided to visit our hotel for such a special occasion.

We would like to thank you for the time you took to specify the highlights of your trip: the beauty and grandeur of our buildings, the stunning grounds, our delicious food variety and the wonderful spacious beach.

Furthermore we are thrilled to read that our excellent service provided by our staff has contributed to your excellent experience at our hotel. With our services we strive to fulfill any requests or wishes. We will make sure your compliments are shared with our team and especially with Ximena that did such a great job.

We hope that you will continue giving us the pleasure of hosting you for your next vacations, as we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was my second time at this resort - I was worrying about it seeming not as good as last year, because last year's vacation there was superb and my expectations were very high. However, they completely exceeded last year's experience. The room was the same, but everything about it was perfect from the start (except for a bathroom door latch that was fixed within ten minutes of me bringing it up). I had also requested the same room as last year but they managed to get me one two doors down that was basically identical. The food was even better than last year, and there was even more variety when I thought things were already over the top previously. However, the staff - who were already great last year - were markedly more outgoing and helpful this year. I did not leave my room a single time without encountering one of the butlers who immediately walked in my direction and asked if there was anything they could do for me. This was literally 100% of the time, whereas last year you seemed more expected to bring things up to them if you wanted something. What this did was give you the opportunity to bring up little things that would otherwise seem to be too much to bother someone with. And literally the response for anything asked for was also immediate. It also gave you a bit of conversation if you wanted, and I got to know the staff a little bit, which made the place seem more intimate. So big shout out to Cesar and Ivan and Jesus, you guys were awesome. The waiters and waitresses also seemed to check on you during dinner more often, and the hosts/hostesses were more interactive. The grounds were perfect, the facilities were perfect, and it was literally the first time I did not even feel like leaving a resort to go on a day trip. I would also add that the trip ended with my checkout, where I was shown out by the manager who thanked me for giving them my business and hoped that I would come back. Where else would I go when everything is this perfect? Sure, it's a more expensive resort than some of the other options, but I never for a second felt that I wasn't getting more than my money's worth. I would go back tomorrow if I had the time.

Room Tip: Building 74, perfectly quiet beside the tranquility pool but with an ocean view to boot
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank polaraone
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your delightful review, we really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

It is a pleasure to know that you have had a great time every time you have visited us. Our main goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations, and to read that your experience with us continuous to get better is certainly a good sign that we are doing a good job. Your comments really make us feel proud, we sincerely appreciate it.

We apologize for the inconvenient with the door latch, but it is good to hear that we fixed it up quickly.

We are happy to hear that you had a suite with the characteristics you prefer and furthermore that you liked our butler service, and that Cesar, Ivan and Jesus were part of your wonderful stay, we will share your compliments with them.

We are thrilled to read that you have the intention of coming back, please be sure we are already looking forward to have the honor of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed here with 3 other couples. The grounds were absolutely beautiful inside and outside. The staff was always checking with us at the pool or beach area to see if there was anything they could get us. There were activities at the main pool everyday. We loved that we could walk over to the other Iberostar resorts and try their restaurants and bars as well. We did take advantage of the free water sports provided by the resort and had a 4 person catamaran for a few hours. Was awesome being able to go out into the ocean and explore. Food was awesome and rooms were gorgeous. Would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lori g
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear guest,
We are delighted to read your review full of wonderful comments about your stay at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. We always try to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and it is very motivating and pleasant to see that on this occasion we reached our goal.
It is good to know that during you stay you had the opportunity to enjoy different aspects of our hotel, like entertainment, our beautiful facilities in the entire complex and some outdoor activities.

We really appreciate the time you took to share your comments with other travelers. On behalf of all our team, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We're back from our fifith holiday at The Grand. Again, as always, everything was just perfect, great experience, great room, great services, great meals, and great friendly staff. All staff are very accomodating. This year we went there with a couple of our friends and they arranged our rooms to be in the same building of the hotel and, ... beach front. It is always a great experience to have our room beach front. Also, this year the new thing was that they installed the wifi communication in all places of the hotel, that also was great.
We're looking forward to go back next year and, I think that our friends would want to go back too.
So seeya and keep up the good work.

5  Thank Christian R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you have allowed us the honor of serving you again, please know we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and for recommending us with your friends.

We also appreciate that you have taken the time to acknowledge the efforts of our dedicated team and no doubt that they will be motivated by your kind words. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we are grateful you took the time to specify the highlights of your trip: the room, the quality of food and beverages, and specially our friendly and efficient staff.

We are glad to know you had the opportunity this time to try one of the improvements we have been working on, that is the Wifi all over the hotel without a charge, one of the privileges of being Grand guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back to IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso for another great vacation and we will make our best to make your stay long way better than the last one.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to the Grand and we absolutely loved it. We have been to other all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, but this was our first in México and it was amazing. I have to mention that I booked this trip with Ruth DeMuth at TripGuy Travel and highly recommend you do so too, for any travel plans. Ruth's professionalism and knowledge is top notch and we will book all future trips with her. Every detail was taken care of for us and this was the first trip I didn't have to stress over our plans.

Here our my thoughts:

Check in-When we pulled up to the lobby we were greeted with refreshing hand towels and margaritas. We arrived around 11:30am and our room was not ready, which we were prepared for, so we had our bathing suits in our carry on luggage. We were told that the check in process would take place in our room since we booked an Oceanfront Junior Suite. We headed to the buffet for lunch and then to the pool. Around 2:00 our butler found us at the pool and brought us to our room, where our luggage was waiting and the whole check in process was completed. Very efficient and easy, couldn't have been better.

Oceanfront Junior Suite-The room looks exactly like the pictures. It was very clean, spacious, and had an amazing view. We traveled with friends who booked a non oceanfront room off the main lobby and after they saw our room they upgraded to oceanfront. You can't beat the view and proximity to the beach. In my opinion you have to stay in an oceanfront room. There is nothing like falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean. We left our balcony door open every night. The room had a sizeable bathroom with separate vanities, king bed, table, chaise lounge, plenty of closet space, and a sizeable balcony with a swing chair, couch, and table.

Property-Beautiful, clean, easy to walk, laid out nicely and quiet. The beachfront was great for a leisurely walk.

Pools-We didn't use the quiet pool but it looked nice. We spent every day at the main pool and had no problem getting cabañas. Plenty of towels, they never ran out, which is a big deal because we've stayed at other resorts and almost every time had to deal with the resort running out of pool towels. The lounge chairs were comfortable and they had plenty set up in the shallow pool to relax in. The swim up bar was excellent, and the wait staff was more than efficient, we were never without a drink in hand.

Restaurants/food-I have to say that we have realistic expectations when it comes to all inclusive resort food, however, we were pleasantly surprised with this resort. The breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent. A great variety of fresh food every day. We had dinner at each of the restaurants, and had the best meal at the hibachi restaurant. We also ordered room service a few times. The late night room service menu is limited but if you ask for something not on the menu they will bring it to you.

Service-EXCELLENT!!!! I am beyond impressed with the entire staff at this resort. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. This alone will make us return. I wish I wrote down every name, since I am sure I will forget to mention everyone that deserves it and how to correctly spell their names, but here are a few: Jazhiel (also known as JayZ or Jaz), Eder, Eduardo, Olivia, Eusibio, Exemana, and so many more.

Spa-I had the best massage ever on the beach and it was one of the many highlights of our trip. I also had a massage at the spa, which was nice, but the beach massage was much better. I highly recommend it.

Overall we loved every aspect of our trip and even though we like to try new places, we will definitely return to the Grand. It is a must do. I also again highly recommend Ruth from TripGuy if you want a worry and hassle free vacation experience (and who doesn't want that?).

Room Tip: Oceanfront is a must do at this resort and worth the upgrade. We stayed in room 7035.
12  Thank JLAA

Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire team we would like to thank you for posting your review here on Trip Advisor, we are glad to read that you loved your stay at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso and for choosing to stay with us for your first visit time in Mexico.

Our staff is pleased to hear that you had an easy and efficient check in, they are the first contact with all our guests and to hear that they met your expectations makes us feel proud. We are also happy to read that our accommodations were of your entire satisfaction as well as our other installations.

Thank you for highlighting the attitude and service of our staff, the best award we have for our daily work is to received positive comments like yours, it is the best source of motivation for all of us, we really appreciate it.

Moreover your praising words about our restaurants make us feel very proud because food and beverage is one of our main organization pillars.

Last but not least we are thrilled to read that you had the best massage ever on the beach, it is good to know that you enjoyed it.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write your comments; we really look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was our third visit to the grand. It is been two years since our last visit, and it was better than I remembered. The staff was over the top accommodating. The grounds are immaculate. The beach has been extended off property to allow for additional walking. The restaurants were amazing. To have lobster at every lunch and dinner was a treat. We stayed in beachfront Jacuzzi suite drinking champagne outside several nights. The room service was prompt. Having been to the other Caribbean grands, we forgot how wonderful this one was. Although it was not busy, which I am certain accounted for some of the five-star service, I am certain that we would have been just a satisfied during peak season. I cannot think of anything that I would have wanted to improve upon except the duration of my stay. I can't wait to return and stay longer. Be certain to arrange for private transfers from the airport to facilitate a pleasant arrival and departure.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are well worth the added money for the early morning and evening enjoyment of s...
2  Thank marc l

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our services and also for recommending us to all Trip Advisor readers.

As a repetitive guest we double thank you for the loyalty towards our hotel, it is good to know that you chose us for the 3rd time, it makes us feel very proud of our service, we really appreciate it.

We are focused in the traveler´s satisfactions and to make them feel comfortable, relaxed and amazed every time they come, so we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our installations including accommodations, gardens, beach and restaurants.

On behalf of all our team, it will be our pleasure to welcome you for the 4th time in the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I vacationed at the Iberostar Grand Parisio for the second time Mar. 3 - 10, 2014. Last year we were blown away by the entire experience and the second time was no disappointment as a matter of fact we both felt it was better. The unfortunate part of our trip was that there was a conference going on at the same time and although most were well behaved, there were a number of these folks that misbehaved and acted very disrespectful to the staff and other guests! They were very obnoxious; drunks, and very disrespectful! If I were the CEO of Honeywell I’d reconsider the idea of bringing 135 employees to an all inclusive adult’s only resort. Very poor reflection of the company and their Values!
Again I can’t say enough about the staff; from the time you enter this resort every employee you come in contact with are very friendly, professional and their main goal is to ensure you have an amazing experience. The Star team is really great and I give these people a lot of credit for the work they do. They are very engaging and fun to be around. They spend their entire day making sure you are enjoying your vacation; they come and visit with you but do not get pushy trying to get you active in the games they offer. Great job Star Team!!
Again we found the food to be great. There were tons of choices and the seafood was plentiful and cooked in several different manners. We eat at all the restaurants and we had no problem getting our reservations and mostly at the time we wanted. We like all of them but our favorite was the Surf and Turf. The breakfasts and lunches were great and you could either choose from the menu or buffet and all the food was great.
The rooms are amazing; we had an ocean front room and the views are spectacular. The balconies have a lovely comfortable day bed and a swinging chair that was just the ticket for relaxing and reading after a long day at the beach. The maid service was right on point. We never had a time where we needed towels or something ran low – the maids made sure we had everything.
We love walking the beach and we mostly walked everyday to the Secrets about a 45 minute walk south of the resort. The beaches are lovely but there seems to be a lot of trash, plastics, shoes, even saw a full intervenes bag. It looked like someone had started to clean it up and I would recommend the Government get it cleaned up as it is a terrible mess!
In December 2013, we vacationed for 2 weeks at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana (second time) and I must say that the Iberostar brand is amazing. Both resorts exceeded all our expectations. We are already planning our December vacation; this time we will do 2 weeks at the IBGP in December and 2 weeks at the IBGB in March 2015.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely but if you love the ocean then definitely book the ocean front suites.
4  Thank tpal

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your favorable comments following your last stay at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. We are sincerely grateful for your return visits and thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay among us.

Furthermore, we greatly appreciate your wonderful comments on our service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

We appreciate your highlights on our restaurants; we always strive to offer a wide variety of food in order to please all palates.

Once again thank you for choosing us and for your loyalty to IBEROSTAR Grand Collection, we look forward to welcoming you back in December.

Kind regards,

Valentin Imperial Maya
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#20 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#36 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#4 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!