Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$291
US$459
US$444
Bookit.com
US$259
Iberostar.com
US$458
US$309
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$246
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$240
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$413
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
US$615
US$599
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
US$447
US$390
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
US$380
Orbitz.com
6,316 results
All reviewstranquility poolsurf and turfocean frontlobsterla brisaindoor poolstar friendsbutler servicelobby barpillow menuother resortsoceanfront roominternational buffetpool conciergewelcome homelunch buffettop shelf
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had the pleasure of spending our winter holiday at the Iberostar Grand, in the Mayan Riviera. The hotel, service, and the food were outstanding! Everyone of the staff were friendly and it was clear that they have been trained to have the skills necessary to ensure that guests have a wonderful experience; we certainly did.

We at mostly at the buffets, by choice as the food selection was exhaustive. We did eat twice at Toni's Surf and Turf, and on both occasions had a terrific experience, and again the food and service were wonderful.

We stayed in an Ocean front room on the third floor, room 7053. Every day we saw from our balcony a beautiful sunrise, and every evening we saw a equally impressive full moon (we were lucky that week). The room was immaculate, and a very good size and we particularly liked that they were double sinked, that was a treat we hadn't expected. Wifi was very fast, which was also a nice surprise.

The martini bar didn't disappoint, and I think our favourite thing was lunch at the buffet by the beach, we had 2 hour lunches everyday.

If you want to have an amazing Mexican holiday, this is THE place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TheSteves
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your vacation at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay.

Also we would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the hotel´s friendly service, our delicious food and drinks, the specialty restaurant Surf & Turf “Tonis”, the beautifulness of our rooms and the greatness of your room’s view. It is really satisfying to know that you enjoyed it.

Furthermore we are really grateful to receive your compliments; it is motivating for our staff to go on like this!

On behalf of all our team we are looking forward to welcoming you again at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

Quality manager

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Overall a very pleasant week. This was our second Iberostar Grand, the first being Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Montego Bay Jamaica. Great if you want adults only. We found the oceanfront room perfect. The food was uniformly excellent, either the buffets or specialty restaurants. The staff were very friendly and engaging. If you find waiters at the buffets you particularly like try going back to their stations each day. I saw less tipping here than at most all-inclusives. They provide great service anyway but do really appreciate the tip. A couple of negatives. Room towels are terrible, no absorbancy. Rocks on the beach and in the water in some areas. Great sand but not the best the best beach if you like really long walks.

Room Tip: Building 71 is the best if you want oceanfront & quiet. Walk out and you are on the beach. I suggest 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Mrfubar0
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the Manager, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso and for sharing your experience with us and with the on-line community.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are pleased to read you appreciated our location, our food, the rooms and the friendliness of our team and that everything was up to or even exceeded your expectations.

On the other hand we are terrible sorry about the points you mention regarding the room towels and the rocks on the beach. We always try our very best to make our guests stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible and we preserve our beautiful environment by not removing anything from it, nevertheless, we are pleased to hear that despite having this issues, you were able to enjoy the time with us.

Once again, thank you for you kind review and we hope that you will continue giving us the pleasure of hosting for your next vacations, we appreciate your loyalty to our brand and really look forward to welcoming back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel & beach were perfect for our Spring Break getaway. The grounds are magnificent, very well taken care of, with only the highest expectations for the appearance. The staff were amazingly friendly/helpful, always first to say "hola." Spoke and had lunch with several during the stay and they were just great people who enjoyed making our time most enjoyable. The beach is fantastic with plenty of sand, sun and space to enjoy all the activities you hope to have available in a place as beautiful as this. Suggestion- get to your preferred beach chair early in the morning to get a premium location and shade umbrella. We never felt like there were too many people and not enough chairs/space- room for everyone! The beach vendors were there but very courteous and not pushy at all. Plenty of pool space too, if one opts for less sand and surf, lots of games/activities for all. Again, get your towel on a chair early. The drinks may be a bit watered down but given the time of year we visited and the ease which one can overdo in "all you can drink" not an issue. Service was quick and friendly. The food was a bit below our expectations but not so much to not visit again. Make reservations at the restaurants as soon as you arrive so you can get as many of your preferred time/location as possible. We loved the Japanese and French but found all that we dined in to be acceptable. Kids/parents agreed at end of 6 day stay this is a place we want to return......soon!

7  Thank Snoble1064

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. It is great to hear that you already want to return to our hotel, where you had you a great Spring Break getaway.

We are very pleased with your compliments about the magnificent grounds, our amazing and friendly staff and the variety of activities that we offer.

Moreover we are glad to hear that you loved the Japanese and the French restaurants, it is always gratifying for us to receive this kind of compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future to provide you with another unforgettable stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Everything about our stay was absolutely fantastic. The Grand Paraiso was the epitome of luxury and relaxation. The beauty and grandeur of the buildings and grounds was stunning. The dining options enabled us to enjoy a variety of delicious food served by a caring and pleasing staff. Access to a spacious beach and three different pools, on the property, made our time in the sun and sand quite memorable. My wife and I were looking for a special place to celebrate our fortieth wedding anniversary and we found a paradise. The staff took care of our every need. Everything from making sure our pillows had just the right firmness, to daily replenishing our mini bar with all the special items we desired. Every evening we also had delicious chocolates to end our perfect day. Everyone was accommodating and friendly. One young staff member, Ximena really went out of her way, every day, to offer her help. She would always take the time to answer our questions and remind us of activities offered each day. Her enthusiasm was contagious as she conducted water exercises and organized other activities. We didn't feel as though the staff members were employees, they made us feel like new friends. We could not imagine a better place to stay for our special getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
5  Thank triolap

Dear guest,

It is an honor for us that you have decided to visit our hotel for such a special occasion.

We would like to thank you for the time you took to specify the highlights of your trip: the beauty and grandeur of our buildings, the stunning grounds, our delicious food variety and the wonderful spacious beach.

Furthermore we are thrilled to read that our excellent service provided by our staff has contributed to your excellent experience at our hotel. With our services we strive to fulfill any requests or wishes. We will make sure your compliments are shared with our team and especially with Ximena that did such a great job.

We hope that you will continue giving us the pleasure of hosting you for your next vacations, as we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was my second time at this resort - I was worrying about it seeming not as good as last year, because last year's vacation there was superb and my expectations were very high. However, they completely exceeded last year's experience. The room was the same, but everything about it was perfect from the start (except for a bathroom door latch that was fixed within ten minutes of me bringing it up). I had also requested the same room as last year but they managed to get me one two doors down that was basically identical. The food was even better than last year, and there was even more variety when I thought things were already over the top previously. However, the staff - who were already great last year - were markedly more outgoing and helpful this year. I did not leave my room a single time without encountering one of the butlers who immediately walked in my direction and asked if there was anything they could do for me. This was literally 100% of the time, whereas last year you seemed more expected to bring things up to them if you wanted something. What this did was give you the opportunity to bring up little things that would otherwise seem to be too much to bother someone with. And literally the response for anything asked for was also immediate. It also gave you a bit of conversation if you wanted, and I got to know the staff a little bit, which made the place seem more intimate. So big shout out to Cesar and Ivan and Jesus, you guys were awesome. The waiters and waitresses also seemed to check on you during dinner more often, and the hosts/hostesses were more interactive. The grounds were perfect, the facilities were perfect, and it was literally the first time I did not even feel like leaving a resort to go on a day trip. I would also add that the trip ended with my checkout, where I was shown out by the manager who thanked me for giving them my business and hoped that I would come back. Where else would I go when everything is this perfect? Sure, it's a more expensive resort than some of the other options, but I never for a second felt that I wasn't getting more than my money's worth. I would go back tomorrow if I had the time.

Room Tip: Building 74, perfectly quiet beside the tranquility pool but with an ocean view to boot
6  Thank polaraone

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your delightful review, we really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel.

It is a pleasure to know that you have had a great time every time you have visited us. Our main goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations, and to read that your experience with us continuous to get better is certainly a good sign that we are doing a good job. Your comments really make us feel proud, we sincerely appreciate it.

We apologize for the inconvenient with the door latch, but it is good to hear that we fixed it up quickly.

We are happy to hear that you had a suite with the characteristics you prefer and furthermore that you liked our butler service, and that Cesar, Ivan and Jesus were part of your wonderful stay, we will share your compliments with them.

We are thrilled to read that you have the intention of coming back, please be sure we are already looking forward to have the honor of welcoming you back again soon.