“Nicest resort in Mexico”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Nicest resort in Mexico”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room is big & very nice, the food in all restaurants were wonderful, the staff is so very friendly, we already miss so many of them! The resort is so clean, pool area & beach are good also. My only complain is the musty smell in our room & never getting a reply like we were told it would be taken care of .
Everything we had with us had that musty smell when we got home!! :( I would go back again but I wouldn't stop till I got a better smelling room!!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

6 Thank Kerry Wayne L
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with other travelers about your stay at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso, it was all our pleasure to host you.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed that much your vacation with us; thank you for highlighting our accommodations, cleanliness, beach and pool area. It is also nice to hear you tried our variety of food selection and that you enjoyed it. We can assure you that our Executive Chef will be very happy to hear it.

Regarding the smell in your room, the climate in this area causes it, but please be sure that our Housekeeping Department do their best to solve the problem and use aromatherapy and ozone machines in all rooms. In any case, we are very sorry about the disturbance caused.

We really do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,

IBEROSTAR Mexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,414)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Playa Paraiso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We upgraded to the Grand Paraiso Iberostar. It was an excellent experience. The staff went above and beyond to meet and exceed our expectations and needs. The food was excellent, our room was very clean and functional. If we called with a question or need, response time was amazingly short. We will stay here again and will recommend this resort to our friends.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

4 Thank Constance S
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. We are happy to know that you had an excellent time with us.

It is wonderful to see how much you enjoyed your vacations and that you tried our best food selection and beautiful room. We thank you also for mentioning our staff; we are proud to read that we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back home where your Mexican family awaits you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Overall, we had a great time. Staff were wonderful. Every touch point with a staff member was pleasant.

Entertainment staff were amazing. I could not believe they all remembered my wife and I by first name after just one introduction. That really stood out, and made us feel very comfortable. We had a lot of fun with them at the pool.

Leonardo was a great server. We had him several times, and he was always very attentive and professional.

Everyone at Building 70 was great. Very helpful and attentive.

Pool concierge were great. I never thought I would be that guy to give specific people shout outs, specifically here, since I truly felt that they were all great, but Johanna and Yuridia really helped me out a lot, especially with the sunscreen. Very friendly and pleasant.

We had a great couples massage as well... it's a little pricey, but I felt it was worth every penny.

Criticisms
It's a pretty bad gym at the grand. One example, The elliptical didn't work, and I think had rust on it. Overall, it felt really run down and cramped. We maybe stayed 5 minutes in the gym until we got annoyed with everything. I spoke with another person who felt the same way. Updates and renovations to this gym would be money well spent in my opinion. On the bright side, there is a great gym (Star Friends Gym) in the center of the complex (available to all iberostar guests), that we used almost daily. Plenty of space and a lot of machines and free weights. We were even able to get a pretty quick golf cart ride back to the grand. I would recommend going there if you enjoy working out a little bit when you're on vacation.

The golf club rental jumped from $40 to $55. I understand they only have premium clubs now, so they merged the basic clubs fee with the premium club fee, $40 and $60 respectively. If you can bring your own clubs, I would suggest that, even if it costs a few more dollars. You get two free rounds a person if you go for the week, but I didn't want to use the other one because of the cost. It is a great course, but go as early as you can, as the heat is pretty oppressive starting around 9am.

The Japanese restaurant was a pretty bad experience. It's Hibachi style, and although I generally enjoy that, the entire service was disorganized and lengthy. Ordered food was either given to the wrong person or it didn't come at all. We made the most out of it, and found it to be kind of humorous. Not sure we would go back to that restaurant.

Tips:
Do the free bike tour - it allows you to see where everything is in the complex including the spa, gym, shopping center, and all that fun stuff.

Do the international buffet on Wednesday. King crab legs were the best we ever had, hands down.

Be explicit with what you want. I found everyone to be very accommodating with all of our requests, but learned quickly they can't read minds. Some of the things we expected, needed to be clearly expressed, but once that was cleared up, things were great. One example, the first full day we were there, our room still wasn't cleaned up by 3pm. We get up around 7am, so it worked out for us that they new they could clean the room around 9 or 10 each day.

Overall, we had a great time, and would come back. I appreciate the entire staff making our honeymoon a memorable one!

Room Tip: Our room was great. Ocean front worth it in our opinion. Like others have said...3rd floor is best...
2 Thank Champ14
Dear guest,

First of all thank you for sharing with us your experience at our hotel. We are honored to have been part of your memorable honeymoon.

We appreciate all of our guests’ comments and suggestions regarding our services and facilities, because they help us increase our ambition to achieve top quality service.
We hasten to express our sincere regret that your visit to our gym was not satisfactory. We would like to inform you that our Management is already working on it.

Moreover, thank you for your kind feedback regarding our restaurants, our chefs and servers have the commitment to offer the best food quality and service to delight the palate of our visitors. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced at the Japanese restaurant, as this is certainly not the level of service we are known for. This will be reviewed with our Executive Chef to ensure the service is more organized.

We look forward to welcoming you back to IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso for another great vacation where we will do our best to exceed your past experience.

Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Summary: I'm a numbers person, so hopefully this helps others like me. You have roughly 30 to 50 interactions with the staff on a daily basis. My results over 6 days were: 298 excellent examples of service. 1 bad drink (forgot the alcohol). A single case of a 10 minute wait for a golf cart ride(usual wait less than 2 minutes, most immeadiate).

My tips:
1) Talk to the staff and ask for their recommendations. Smartest thing I ever did. They are normal people who want you to have a wonderful stay.

For example, the lunch buffets have a menu selection also. The buffet is very good but is under warmers and not as hot as I would like. Get something freshly cooked. Filet Mignon freshly cooked from menu was one of my wife's favorite at lunch. Also ask them to put a buffet item on the grill to heat it up.

2) Ocean front room on third floor. Private and beautiful view.
3) Purchase cheap set of swimming shoes. Beach is rocky in spots.
4) Do the international buffet on Wednesday.

Outstanding staff: Head waiters -Guillermo and Luis - always looking out for us, made it thier goal to provide us with anything we needed, and recommended excellent meal choices based on our input.

Chef- Olivia who would recommend and discuss menu items. Your gravy recommend was wonderful ( one time she talked to us about a local sauce, she went and got some immediately and served it to our table)

Activity Staff - Jorge, Elyvian, Javier were our favorites.

Last but not least we're the ladies that brought our drinks to us at the pool. Tip these ladies!!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Jim S
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review posted on this website, it was a great honor to serve you.
We appreciate your kind words pertaining our food, beverages, service, entertainment and beach. We are also glad to know that the grill was of your liking.

Furthermore, we are proud of creating good memories that last a lifetime and we look forward to giving unforgettable experiences to our guests. We are pleased to see that we reached our goal with you and that our staff contributed to making your stay so pleasant.

We truly hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I do not have enough words to describe how great is the Hotel, staff and services. We had stayed in many other places that were adults only and expensive but never liked any of them as much as we like Grand. We are still at Grand at the time I am writing this review. Stayed one week already and will stay one more week. Even if I wanted to find anything wrong with this resort I would be unable to do it. There is no word "No" if you asked for something. Staff speaks English and very nice and helpful. All of staff greets you, smiles and always asks guests if they need anything. Food is excellent and fresh. To have meat done the way you like, just tell a waiter or a cook and they will make it just right. Buffet is not huge but has a good selection of different foods, especially sea food. Waiters and waitresses work very hard and trained really well. In a two days they already knew that mine husband likes steak and I need a lime for ice water. Many of them knew our names. We are never bored here. They have very nice evening shows and music entertainment. Our special complements to the Star Friend Team especially Eduardo and Andreas. Also waiters, who work on the beach, do an incredible work. Me and mine husband read a horrible review about Grand and we're wandering if person who wrote it stayed at different place or it is just his personality to find wrong things in everything and everyone . If people have health problems and need very restrict special diets they shouldn't go to all inclusive resort. May be they need rehab facilities to improve their health and mood. The resort is great! We didn't ask for a special room but our room is very nice and clean. We don't expect staff to remember or know our anniversary date. If you want it to be a special night just ask your butler to call restaurant and you will have a special table with decorations and staff will make special dinner and they even will sing for you. You have to communicate with people. We definitely will return to this resort. May be I will write one more review after our second week here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Sammy258
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the Manager, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso and for sharing your experience with us.

We feel honored to hear that you are having a “Paradise Vacation” and we really hope that the rest of your stay will be the same or even better.

It is good to know that you are enjoying the food and the entertainment offered!

We would also like to thank you in particular for mentioning our service and the friendliness of the staff. Your positive words and compliments are a good motivational tool since it is our goal to make you feel like a star. We continuously try to improve our service and provide a top level of quality service.

Thank you for your nice comments and we do hope that you will return to your home away from home.

Kind regards,

Pompton Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Honeymooned here after seeing the ranking on Tripadvisor. First time in Mexico and first time at an all inclusive. I was not disappointed. The service was very proficient, warm, hospitable, and genuine. Several nice surprises during our visit including champagne, rose petals, chocolate candy tuxedos, chocolate cake, fresh flowers, and a drawn bubble bath with rose pedals. The room itself was very well done, with some nice amenities, and a gorgeous view (3d floor, building 71) of the beach and ocean. Only complaint is that the air conditioning was a little too cold at the highest setting, and watch that step! Housekeeping was probably the best I've ever experienced. The girls were very thorough and detailed, and the turn down service was like a complete redo of the room. Room service breakfast was delivered promptly, but I imagine the food at the breakfast buffet would be better. The lunch buffet was bountiful and delicious, but most days we ate lunch on the beach. While the beach menu was limited, we were quite satisfied with it, and the service was very good. Speaking of the beach, the lounge chairs were very comfortable and the little shaded thatch roof umbrellas with table provided offered nice shade. The beach itself was good and the water refreshing. Don't worry about the rocks there are ample sandy areas to take a dip. We only did the pool once, as we found the beach cooler and more relaxing. Dinner in the restaurants was good to excellent, with our favorite being the Mexican, French, and Steak and Seafood. We did the dinner buffet once and it was easily one of the most impressive buffets I've ever enjoyed, with abundance, variety, and quality. That buffet was followed by music and dancing outside where they had two bands, tables, a dance floor, and bar setup around the pool. It was very entertaining and a great end to a perfect evening. One thing you will notice right away here is this resort, for the most part, doesn't cut corners or nickel and dime you. Everything is premium, from the food to the liquor, and they work very hard to make guests happy. The staff is very well trained, professional, warm and friendly. It would be hard to find fault here, and I consider it a great value for the money. We will be back, hopefully soon!

PS. I have only one suggestion for the restaurants. The complimentary wine was good but I was prepared to spend more on a few good bottles. I felt the wine list was uninspiring and certainly way over priced. Management may consider offering better value of more highly rated wines (not necessarily expensive). For example, there are many, many highly rated wines in the $25 to $50 retail range that could be sold at a nice profit for $50 to $100 and I'm confident that will result in generating more to the bottom line, as well as to make a few more guests very happy!

Room Tip: Third floor beachfront, building 71 a little quiter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank caryadler
Dear guest,
First of all, Congratulations! It was a great pleasure to have had the opportunity to celebrate this special occasion with you, here with us at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. Thank you for your trust and for having chosen our hotel to spend your honeymoon. We are pretty sure that this wonderful review will be useful to other couples who are looking for a place to spend their honeymoon, anniversary or just some vacations full of relaxation and romanticism. We are proud of creating memories that last a lifetime, and to give such a pleasant experience to our guests.

Thank you for your special mention about the room, beach, and food. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our delicious food selection. For sure we will pass your kind words on to our Executive Chef and we can assure you that he will be thrilled.

Regarding your comments about the wine, we are sorry for not having met your expectations. Your recommendations will be taken in consideration by our Food & Beverage Manager in order to keep on improving this point. Please, regarding our menu, it is important to clarify that we have a list of wines inside the A.I package, and another list of premium wines not included.

We hope that you will give us the honor of welcoming you back in the near future, perhaps to celebrate your first anniversary!

Best Regards,

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

1) Inconsistent service at restaurants.
2) Inconsistent quality at restaurants.
3) No variety at buffet.
4) Absolutely not accommodating for gluten free people (they say they are but are truly not: only two people have a clue what it means to be gluten free). Alejandra and Olivia gave us some pointers as to what we could order at dinner, but for breakfast and lunch at the buffet, it was a disaster/boring/nasty and would be dangerous for someone who was celiac as they had nothing labeled. We initially asked if they accommodated people with gluten problems and also asked about organic, and saw no indication of either being utilized.
5) Our anniversary was ruined. They did not plan anything at the restaurant despite us telling a few different people (no special decor: not sure it was an extra charge, even if it was we were never offered the option). Alejandra had a special gluten free brownie made for us for dessert, but that was the only thing done. We told both Alejandra and Olivea about our anniversary and nothing else was done, and Olivea did not even remember. Unfortunately, the rest of it was ruined as once we arrived at the room, they put roses in there, but then also left the ridiculous phone charge on the bed as well. Really? Come on, have common sense with customer service. Handle that the next day not on our anniversary. Plus, what resort, after paying a ton of money for the resort, charges for local calls? The other two I went to never did, in fact, they didn't charge for long distance to the US. Plus, most of the charges came from trying to figure out the service and not actually reaching anyone that I needed to.

Other negatives are that it was terribly in need of updating. The room had some work that needed to be done: certainly not on par with a supposed 5 star resort. The bathroom was terrible. The tile in the shower was disgusting: black in spots/broken tiles/broken grout/cheaply filled grout i.e. looking like concrete just slapped on there (room 7141). The tub was dirty (brown stains all over it) and not clean looking (although I am sure it was cleaned). The grout in other places to include the floor needed to be redone. The tub outside needed to be redone. We at various times would smell sewage in the room. The linen sheets in spots were stained. The towels were fairly rough (especially if you got burned) also. I would say the room was average, and certainly not the nicest we have stayed in (did not look new: looked old and worn in). For some this may not have been an issue, and for us, we let it slide because we were afraid if we did complain they would put us in a room less quiet.

They did accommodate our room request (top floor building 71 corner). However, at times because it seems there is no rhyme or reason to the non-smoking rule, you will get cigar/cigarette smoke trickling up to the balcony, which kills the idea for the tub/balcony in the first place. The door room key did not work properly all the time. Many times it took multiple tries to get it to recognize the key. Our safe was initially not functioning and took a good 45 minutes to get it working right (on the first day). The pillow service is so so. The pillows we utilized were not very comfortable (possibly due to the type of the pillow: but seemed old and needing replacement).

Other positives. The people are generally friendly and usually greet you with a hello/good morning/afternoon/night. Granted, many resorts do that as well. They keep the lobby and walkways from building to building on the inside in pretty good shape. It looks nice and modern mixed with various styles. The restaurants are in fairly good shape as well. They are always updating things on the outside, which is good, but it does need to be repaired significantly on the outside. I am sure they will get there. The maid service seems to be pretty decent. I never noticed any issues with that. They even move the bed out of the way, which if you sleep late (later than 9am) you may or may not hear that. The beach is fairly decent. It is rocky and very rough waves at times (lost my expensive Oakley sunglasses due to the waves sneaking up on me). However, like others stated, you can easily go up or down the beach to find softer areas with no rocks. In fact you can walk all the way over to Maroma if you like and its not nearly as far as people describe. I would say nothing more than 1.5 miles. Don't expect to see fish though as the water is too rough around the resort and kicks up a lot of sand. The beds outside are somewhat comfortable if you get the new pad (one that hangs over the chair). If not, then they are not comfortable and not padded and they slide down the chair. Plus, even some of the new bed pads need to be cleaned better as some had bird droppings/food/drinks spilled on them. You will see people from the other resorts walking up and down and at times will see kids on the adult property. The beach service is spotty. They try, I believe, but are overwhelmed as it is one guy for one side (or both sides possibly); thus, it takes a long time to get one drink to include water and then quite some time for another drink if you want one. They need more help and a drink bar closer to the beach. The cocktails are not good quality. They only use top shelf IF you remember to tell them every time, and even then I am not sure it gets through due to language barrier. Or other times, I have seen people request top shelf and the bartender utilizes cheap crap and a little top shelf (even for the so called big tippers). Plus, the "top shelf" quality is Bacardi/grey goose, and the beer is nothing special (cheap crap like Heineken/corona/coors light etc). The actual mixing of drinks is average. Nothing fancy; nothing special. Then again, I don't drink a lot like a fair amount of people there. That seemed to be the prime means of entertainment for a lot of people.

They have various bars/clubs/lounges. The music in the lobby lounge is boring. They have a piano player (a pretty good player!) with a singer which should be the ones playing the later hours rather than the "duet" playing the later hours. The duet are decent, but there is not much variety. Then again, they play what the majority of the drinkers want to hear I suppose. The shopping center is nothing special. They may have a few interesting items and that is it. The rest of the area is okay but is littered with kids and people from the other Iberostar Resorts.

The landscaping is done well, but beware they spray the heck out of the landscaping so if you like natural and want to avoid toxins, this is not the resort to come to. The gym is so so as some of the machines were not working properly (and it is small).

As a personal annoyance, there was some topless sunbathers lying body up/walking around (which surprised me given the close proximity to the kids section).

Also, the water sports are a joke and you don't get special preference if you stay at the Grand. You share it with the other resorts and it is difficult to actually get a kayak more than once and you can only use it for an hour, which is ridiculous.

The room was quiet, that is the positive (2 doors you could shut).

It is very nice to be able to utilize the hydro therapy pool and sauna (something other places charge to utilize) though.

The star friends entertainment were the highlight of our stay. They work their butt off to help others have a good time! I am amazed at their dedication and long hours they pull off! Evelyn, Eder, Javier, Jorge, and others did an excellent job to try to get people involved. Sadly, most seemed more interested in drinking rather than having fun. If the activities were in the main pool, some people participated, but that was mostly it. We never saw people utilize the dance lessons, archery, air gun, or others. We thought the archery and air gun were very fun! The dance lessons for meringue were fun, despite us sucking it up, Eder was patient! Amazingly, they all remembered mine and my wife's names even though they seemed to remember a ton of different people as well! They deserve the highest praise for customer service and their dedication! I don't know how many people tip them, but they certainly deserve it! I would have liked to be able to do the bike tour but never got around to it. I also desperately wanted to play beach soccer but since it was shared with the other resorts, only children were playing it.

We did like our concierge service for the most part (although we also told them about our anniversary and they did not do anything at the restaurant or mention special desserts etc). Other than failing to reprint the gluten free letter again (possibly due to language barrier/confusion), she set us up right away with the restaurants and did everything we asked, which was probably still less than what others ask for. We never did understand the purpose of the butler, who we only saw once when we first checked in (and he only very briefly went over things with little enthusiasm and very little given information), possibly because we didn't know their purpose or desire to utilize their service because we didn't make any requests that the concierge couldn't handle. Thus the butler service was meaningless to us, and I also blame him and the resort the most for the false information about the phone charges. It is also possible that we just didn't know what our butler did for us that maybe we thought was the maid/concierge? If so, thank you to the butlers if you were involved in helping keep our room cleaned etc.

Food quality is average. As I stated above, the restaurants were inconsistent. Granted, it is an all inclusive, but I would not say its the best all inclusive for food. That is not what the main focus is of this resort company I don't think (which at this point is to be average to slightly above average in all the areas) The food at its best is nothing more than culinary school students just starting out. At its worst (the grilled lobster one day tasting like pure salt water) it's down right nasty. In fact, there were times that we wondered if the food was still good (still wondering that as I type this feeling ill).

The wine was okay. Nothing to write about. The extra charge wine was cheap junk that is not worth the surcharge (Berringers etc).

The meat most of the time (except once) was overcooked, which I did not normally mind as I was not sure where their meat came from in the first place. I never saw the buffet full of seafood like in the pictures (possible we just didn't see it through our stay), which is really okay because most of the time the seafood such as the lobster was overcooked and rubbery or didn't taste good (from saltwater to old tasting).

The Mexican restaurant was good I thought: not like others complained about it being bland. The surf and turf was nothing special especially since the potato puree my wife had was box/instant potatoes. The gourmet (french), ate at twice, was decent, but again nothing amazingly good. The Japanese was fun to watch (since we got the one good cook who tried to be entertaining: "tequila man") but since we were gluten free we didn't have anything cooked at that area and most could not be eaten. The teriyaki sauce, despite them stating all their sauce was homemade and gluten free except a select few, was not okay for us to eat and seemed to tell us that it came from a jar and was not homemade. Thus, the food was rather bland/dry. The soy sauce, which they had tamari, tasted smoked rather than like regular soy sauce. Again everything there was average or below other than the one cook's entertainment. The Italian was decent but again nothing amazing. 95 to 98% of the desserts at all the restaurants to include the buffet (which were not labeled) we could not have. Much of the staff to include the waiters had no idea what gluten free meant (except for Olivia and Alejandra, who could not supervise every single waiter/cook). I also did not see any gluten free muffins or desserts at the buffets. Definitely not like the reviews.

All in all, the food was boring, uninspiring, and dangerous at times (cold warm food/warm cold food/no labels). Never tried the room service as it seemed scary of an idea from past experiences, lack of trust in this company, and their slow response times to requests for other non food related things (plus no control over gluten exposure/translation loss). The menu was not huge either and thus just did not appeal.

While there are some things great about this place, and much better than the last place we stayed in some ways (quiet room, beach better, water better color, less seaweed, entertainment), there are things that the older place had/did that were much better (better room quality, newer looking, more modern updates such as shower being bigger). We heard a lot of people state they were back here again after previous stays and wondered why? While again, they do some nice things, yet it is not anything you'd expect different from another resort in the same class comparison of course (supposedly 4.5-5 star). In fact, if you compare them to other 4.5-5 stars, they would be woefully inadequate (Grand Velas, Secrets Maroma, etc). I feel that Trip Advisor once again is overly inflated. I feel that the inconsistent service and sometimes downright stupid things done/charged and run down bathrooms/rooms outweigh the positive. I will not be back despite the awesome Star Friends (and the shows are pretty good as well, something that a lot of people never seemed to take advantage of) and decent grounds/interior of buildings. This resort and its company has a long way to go if it truly wants to be considered 5 star. I would rate them nothing more than 3.5 star at best overall. I would rate the Star Friends at a 5 star.

Also, we tipped a lot. I think my wife and I went through over $260 bucks tipping various people and it never seemed to help. We tipped because we generally recognized that these people worked hard as a result of the long hours and truly deserved it. Yet, it certainly did not do us any favors. In fact, it seemed that rather than tipping, if you knew how to speak Spanish fluently (or were Hispanic), you would be treated better. Then again, maybe other people who keep coming back are even bigger tippers (which I think is ridiculous) or are simpler people with lower problem thresholds. Again, this should in no way put down the Star Friends as they were our one shining hope of good customer service. The rest was average. Again, if you are gluten free, this resort is not the one to go to. Find one that focuses more on the food quality! We will not be back and for the cost we paid, we would have expected MUCH MUCH MORE! BEWARE AND I WOULD RECOMMEND ELSEWHERE AT THIS POINT!!

(As a personal tip, I would recommend Amstar DMC private platinum for transportation as they did an excellent job and the ride was perfect and luxurious! I would also recommend a local tour group called Riviera Adventours: Francisco is excellent as well as Virginia!).

Room Tip: I would definitely go for beach front. I would certainly ask for a renovated room if there are any...
9 Thank Matthew B
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management and also the whole team we would like to thank you for visiting us and for writing your constructive review.

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are very concerned to hear that you did not have the anniversary you wanted and that we did not meet your expectations in some aspects.

In regard to our gastronomy, we are deeply sorry that you did not find enough options for you gluten-free diet. We do our best to fulfill all our guests' needs and personalize as much as possible. However, we failed this time and for that we apologize. We can assure you that we take your comments into account, and will continue working on delivering the best. Regarding food temperature, please let us clarify that we count on a Health & Safety Department that constantly monitors temperatures as well as hygiene, conservation and preparation, to ensure that our food is safe for our guests.

We are sorry to hear that your experience concerning our accommodations did not live up to our usual high quality standards. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments have programs in place in order to have all our facilities impeccable. We will pass your comments onto them to take actions where necessary.

On the other hand, it is good to know that you liked our Concierge service for the most part but it is certainly disappointing to hear that our Butler team failed to offer the excellent service that we are known for. Please let us share with you that our Butler and Concierge are part of our Public Relations team and as you mentioned they, along with other departments, gather efforts to accommodate all your requests.

Regarding the waiting service and the quality of our beverages, we apologize for not meeting your expectations, and this will also be reviewed with our Food & Beverage Manager.

We are thrilled to read your comments about our Star Friends. We will congratulate them for their excellent service and friendliness. The entertainment is one of our main pillars and it is great to hear that you enjoyed it.

Regarding the water sports, we would like to inform you that this service is provided by an external company. Please be sure we will share with them your comments.

Finally, please let us assure you that all the products used for our flora are environmentally friendly and not toxic, as we are a Green Globe certified hotel. We are focused on preserving our ecosystem.

Once again our sincere apologies. Comments like yours, help us to know the points where we can improve. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
4.5 of 5 bubbles 11,441 reviews
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#20 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,806 reviews

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!