Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$291
US$806
Bookit.com
US$259
Iberostar.com
US$286
US$265
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$240
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$240
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
6,310 results
All reviewstranquility poolsurf and turfocean frontlobsterla brisaindoor poolstar friendsbutler servicelobby barpillow menuother resortsoceanfront roominternational buffetpool conciergewelcome homelunch buffettop shelf
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family and I are just returning from an 8 day vacation. This was our second visit to an Iberostar Grand Property (1st was in Jamaica) and just like our last trip, we did not want to leave.

I will make some comparisons for those who are trying to decide between the two resorts.

The rooms were well appointed. A little smaller than those in Jamaica, but it was not an issue.
Our butler, Charly went above and beyond for us. He was polite, courteous, helpful, and friendly. We miss him already!

The resort was simply breathtaking. As others have said, it is very large and it took some time to figure out where things were. However, once you were there for a day, it was quite easy. We actually enjoyed our walks to and from dinner and the nightly shows.

The food was good but overall it wasn't as good as the food in Jamaica.

The shows were excellent.

The Star Friends were AMAZING, especially Evelyn and Javier. They became part of our family and it was truly hard to say good bye. They really made it a GRAND experience and they should be commended for a job well done.

Olivia was our waitress at the pool. She worked so hard everyday and had the biggest smile on her face. She was very attentive and always made sure we were well hydrated ;)

Beach was gorgeous. There were rocks but if you walk in front of the ocean front building, it was fine!

I am not going to say there are any CONS for this resort but I will list some suggestions:

- Provide soft towels in the hotel rooms
- Serve warm/soft bread at dinner
- involve the audience more in the nightly shows (Jamaica did an excellent job with this!)
- increase the amount of waitresses at the pool / beach
- improve the room service (add more items and deliver more promptly)

Room Tip: Oceanfront necessary for a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank TrishandJimmy
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your experience at IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso, we were very pleased to host you. It is also nice to know that you had the opportunity to compare our services with other IBEROSTAR properties. Thank you for your loyalty!

We are happy to read that you fully enjoyed your vacation with us and that you were satisfied with the services provided by our butlers. These are some of the many details that makes the Grand, grand.

Your kind words about the rooms, night shows and the service are greatly appreciated. Your special mention about Charly is a real proof that our team is doing a great job.

Thank you for sharing your recommendations about some of our services, we can assure you that we will take them in consideration because we are constantly working on improving our service. Opinions coming from our guests are really important for us to keep maintaining a high quality of service.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you in as you will be able to see some modifications and pointed actions in our services and activities.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My iPad 2 was taken out of my carry on luggage while I was out of the room on my first day there. The carry on had several compartments and was hidden in the closet so someone had to do some searching. There are numerous people in and out of your room all day besides the housekeeping. Security made me feel like I was the criminal for not locking it in the safe. Well, it was my first day there, was hungry and wanted to go check out the place so who knew my personal space would be violated. They searched the room to see if I had hidden it somewhere. Well that was all for show because they told me there was nothing they could do since I didn't lock it in the safe. They say they don't have a theft problem but have a preprinted form readily available to file report. They did not take my cord, and the iPad was password protected so who ever has it I hope it is useless to them. I can see from various other reviews apparently there is a theft problem at this resort and they need to own up to it. Made me sad the rest of my trip because I had some precious picture on there that were not backed up to the I cloud. Lesson learned the hard way always lock everything in the safe..........

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Caboadmirer
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso.

Please let us assure you that we do take our guests' comments very seriously, and every incident that occurs in our hotel is handled diligently and expeditiously.

We are deeply sorry about the upsetting situation you had to go through. Please let us explain that all our hotels must have the proper forms available to attend every case, however infrequent these may be. Our Security Department must follow a strict procedure that is composed of several steps which are essential to rule out any other possibilities, and follow the investigation efficiently. A Public Relations representative must go to the guest's room with a Security Guard first to check if they can find the belongings. By no means do we mean to accuse or offend our guests, but it is an important first part of the investigation. The lock is read to ensure there has not been an illegal entry to the room. If somebody comes into the room for any reason (i.e to deliver water), this is clearly shown, and the employee in question is interviewed and registered by professionals, including their employment records and personal locker. We follow the investigation even if belongings are not locked in the safe because our aim is to locate the missing item.

We would also like to mention that our Security staff checks every employee, including handbags, and use metal detectors, when leaving or entering the hotel complex. Our employees cannot enter cell phones or any other electronic devices to the resort, unless they carry a written authorization from their superiors, which they have to show to security every day.

We are very sorry that you had to go through that during your stay. We hope you give us a chance to visit us again so that we may show you our commitment to excellent guest service and satisfaction.

Once more we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had a wonderful! The staff and food were wonderful. Met great friends on the trip!! Would definetly go back!!! Everyone was extremely friendly, and accommodating. Did the catamaran excursion and had a blast!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fallon1996

Dear guest,

On behalf of IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso team, we would like to thank you for visiting us and for sharing your review here on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to read that you had a great experience and that you went home with good memories.

It is good to read that our staff with their friendliness and service contributed to your stay being wonderful. Also, we would like to thank you for praising our gastronomy.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend just returned from this wonderful resort. This was our second time visiting, The first time we came we had the honey moon suite, This time we had the Presidential Suite which was very nice overall, except for a few small things we would change next time. The first being the temperature was warmer in the bedroom, You could not lower it, to the same level as the main room which was nice and cool. We made several attempts to notify staff, but ultimately we were not helped. Another inconvenience was how the butler could not reserve a chair at the pool, If you are going to upgrade and spend the extra money, you except them to try harder?!, well they do at other places in my experience . Other then that this resort is beautiful, the food delicious especially considering its all inclusive. I will return one day for a third time definitely!

I also recommend being cautious with keeping your door closed at all times, we had a small scorpion in our room, and also a small lizard, we might have left the glass sliding door open, so we could be to blame.

When we go back we will probably get the villa we stayed the first day in that room, before upgrading.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Leonard M

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, we would like to thank you for choosing again our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our facilities and delicious food.

We appreciate all of our guests’ comments and suggestions regarding our services and facilities. It is our constant goal to keep impressing you on every visit and to make your stay even better than last time.

Therefore, we hasten to express our sincere regret that your visit fell below par with some of our services. We are going to take in consideration your comment about the temperature in the bedroom. Usually our A/C system has a set temperature in order to save energy and comply with Green Globe regulations, however, this can be lowered upon your request. Your feedback will be sent to the Department Concerned.

We would like to thank you for the recommendations made, which will all be reported and taken into account, and we do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back for the 3rd visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

this was a GREAT family vaca..i'm 22 and my sister is 18 and we had a blast with our parents. the resort is absolutely beautiful and there is so much to do around the resort the staff is SO friendly and so accomodating

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
6  Thank Nmichaels20
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for the positive review you shared following your visit to IBEROSTAR Grand Paraiso. We are happy to hear that you had a great family vacation!

Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments on our service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciate their friendliness and attention to detail.

Thank you for your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,