A list of things that makes this place #1: (in no particular order)
August 5-10, 2014
1. It is close to the airport, 25 minutes. That's how far I have to drive to get to O'Hare.
2. The hotel property is beautiful. Natural fauna is used to decor, and the property is manicured to perfection. Landscaping is taken with great pride and enthusiasm.
3. Aesthetics of the place make it look like its meant for royalty. Super clean.
4. You get a refreshing drink upon arrival, if you want something that they don't have on the tray, ask for what you would like and you will receive.
5. Reception is super nice and explain everything about the resort and what is available to you as a guest. Daniel helped me out with everything I needed and was very nice.
6. Every single staff member, and I mean every single staff member, smiles and greets you in passing. Always making you feel like you belong there.
7. The restaurants are delicious and well managed. Toni's Surf and Turf and L'Atelier are phenomenal. The waitstaff practices great service and have teamwork that belongs in a high class restaurant. You can eat anything you want at the restaurants. The buffets have plenty of options for any palate. Great fruit, I enjoyed the guayaba, papaya, pitaya (dragon fruit), and mango. Fresh juices such as watermelon, orange, pineapple, apple are readily available
8. The pools are clean and calming and the main pool has great beach access, less than 100 yards. The fact that there is an activity pool and a tranquility pool makes this place amazing. The swim up bar is the best, Galo and Humberto remember you and what you like. Feel free to order anything your heart desires. There are plenty of chairs and towels. The games are fun too. If you participate and you win, you get a medal! The whole point is to have fun and they make sure that you do.
9. Star friends make this place happen. Eder, Jorge, Evelyn and Andrés are spectacular. They remember who you are and are always asking you how everything is. They make the experience very fun. If you do not feel like getting involved in the activities, you don't have to play. Observing the games is hilarious, quite memorable.
10. This place is high tech, and the wifi is free. The rooms have sensors to turn off the lights while you are not present. When you walk into the room after being away, the lights you had on when you left turn back on immediately.
11. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The beds are comfortable. The pillows make sleep fly by. You have a butler that is available 24/7, anything you want. If you want a shirt pressed, just ask. If you want different beverages in your mini bar, request them. The mini bar is refilled daily.
12. The cocktail waitresses are always around for beverages. The lobby bar is a great place for a late night drink and some music. A great pianist plays on some nights. They have a duet that plays excellent music. Very relaxing atmosphere to unwind. Beverages at the bar can be accompanied by popcorn, japanese style peanuts and spicy peanuts. Plus it is open
24 hours a day. Gustavo is the man.
13. The water sports that are available are a lot of fun. Kayak is a great exercise to do and the sea is perfect for relaxing and enjoying the scenery.
14. There is a putting green next to the pool! There is also ping pong and a foosball table by the pool. Noodles and floaters are available as well.
15. The concierge employees are super nice and extremely accommodating.
16. The floors are never wet inside the hotel. Staff keeps things very tidy and safe for the guests.
17. The bathrooms around the property are all super clean and have unique vanities and features.
18. The nightly entertainment is exactly that, entertaining. The performers are hard working and super talented dancers and performers that put on great shows. A great way to sit back in a comfortable chair and be entertained. If you are there for the Stars under the Stars, be sure to check it out. You will be amazed by the music and performances, plus you get to dance.
You must stay here! We are already in the process of booking our trip for next year, and for a longer period of time! This will be our second home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Playa Paraiso in Mexico's Riviera Maya. Top 5-star luxury. Quiet and relaxing. Personal butler and concierge service. 24 hour all inclusive service. 4 a la carte restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Playa Paraiso Iberostar