“This all inclusive Hotel makes you feel so welcomed that you never want to leave”

Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Prosper, Texas 75078
Reviewed 6 April 2010

There are 5 hotels on this property. We stayed in the Grand Paraiso which is definitely a 5 Star hotel. It is for couples only. Everyone went out of their way to please us. We can visit the other 4 hotels for food, drink, or swimming, but they are not allowed at the Grand. There is security always seen walking & observing. The food is excellent, at the buffets or restauants. You even have a butler to provide your every wish.
There is a small mall on the property, golf, medical facility, and a full Spa. The Grand has a smaller Spa for your pleasure,too.
I like to Scuba dive and the Dressel Dive shop is on the property also. They are very willing to help you with diving out from the Hotels or an Excursion to Dive at Cozemel at the Iberostar Hotel there. It was a wonderful trip. I am ready to go back!
Marguerite Borchardt
Texas

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Divingdiva35

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,453)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
caralocks
Reviewed 5 April 2010

we had origanilly booked at the beach , but two days there and my husband wanted to go home, so I asked to be switched to the gran, best thing I could have done , you cant even compair the two, the food was better, the rooms where better, the view was amazing, the service untouchable, I really have nothing bad to say about this place at all, I loved it!!!!!!!!!!! the beach was beautiful!!!
the spa pool was also amazing!!!! if you are trying to decide on a place I would highly recomend this place it is worth the extra money any day!!!!
when you arive they great you with a cold towl and shampaigne , best experience ever!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank caralocks
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2010

The hotel was luxurious, our room was large and beautiful with a sea view and a huge comfortable bed and you have a pillow menu. The food was wonderful and we had the best holiday ever. The staff were SUPERB. We would particularly like to mention Leslie and Letitia the pool maids, Sandra on reception, Alberto the butler, Raul and Liazardo in the Gourmet restaurant and all the Star Friends (Crazy Edar!!). These people really made our holiday, but everyone is so friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble. We had room service several times, it was prompt and the breakfasts we had were delicious. Nothing can describe how it felt to eat on your balcony in the early morning sun listening to the sea. Bliss.

If you want a special holiday for whatever reason then we would not hesitate to recommend this. We are going again just because it is the best hotel we have ever stayed in, I want to take everyone I know so they can experience it too!

(Sadly the flight home was absolutely appalling and ruined the feeling of rest and relaxation that we achieved in two weeks, but I still wouldnt let this put me off going back).

The holiday we had cannot be put down in words, try it for yourself.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank keithallen1
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 April 2010

As a seasoned traveler I have to say I was blown away by this resort. Had an Oceanfront corner suite with fantastic views and outdoor jacuzzi. Butler service was the absolute royal treatment. The grounds were immaculate and the attention to detail of decor was nothing less than amazing. The food was gourmet, top shelf beverages and the included wine was served by the bottle, not the glass. Surprisingly great wine. The restaurants choices were great too...and even the standard buffet fare was beyond belief. There was live entertainment which we really enjoyed, the salt water pools were beautiful and clean..as were the grounds and if that wasn't enough, the staff were warm and attentive, even remembering what juice I had for breakfast from the first morning and asking if I wanted the same or to try something else. They just couldn't do enough for you...I have to say, I felt like a celebrity, and I am pretty sure everyone around me did too. I love the warmth of the Mexican people, but this was beyond anything I had experienced..and I have enjoyed the top resorts in this area. If you are thinking of going to this area, you have got to experience this resort. I can't wait to go back...and I plan to stay even longer next time. One thing you may need to know, when you arrive in the Cancun airport and go through customs and collect your bags, make sure you walk past all the taxi and drivers waiting as you come out of the airport and don't stop until you see your transportation. They act like you are suppose to go with them, but unless they are holding a sign with your name on it, don't go. You will end up paying an unknown driver at the resorts there, when you should have gone with your assigned driver. Thankfully we know this and always watch for the great American Express ground transportation with their neatly pressed shirts with logos and clean transportation also clearly marked with the AMEX logo...they always remember past travelers too and make you feel like you are visiting family with their big smiles and the way they immediately relieve you of your luggage and make sure you are comfortable....what a great way to start your vacation. On a scale of 1-10, I would give Iberostar Grand a solid 10. I LOVED IT!!!!

4 Thank LittleBennie
NY
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Just returned from a one week stay at the Grand. My wife and I are very extensive travelers, and were taken by surprise that an all inclusive could be this great. The shear beauty of the entire facility was remarkable. The rooms were comfortable as well as beautiful. We had a ocean front room which is well worth the extra money. What truly sets this resort apart from many others is the quality and true friendliness of the entire staff, from senior management to cleaning staff. Our butlers Victor and Julian went always above and beyond to give us whatever we needed. The entire entertainment staff, waiters, as well as bell staff were the best.

This trip turned out to be one of the best we have ever taken. I would not hesitate for a minute in recommending this property to anyone. we are already planning our return.

6 Thank manlip
Montreal
Reviewed 28 March 2010

My wife and I stayed at this resort last week, March 25.there are 5 resorts on the premises.The grand is an adults,not couples, only resort.It is the top of the 5 resorts.guests from the other resorts can only come to the hotel on a tour otherwise it is exclusive. The hotel has been open for 3 years,and by the cleanliness you would think it opened that day.the rooms are big like a Vegas room and the bathrooms are gorgeous.the balconies have a swing chair for 2 and a couch.Internet is free in the room but wired.Housekeeping keeps the all included minibar stocked at all times and the rooms are spotless.Each floor has its on concierge and butler for anything you may need.The restaurants in the hotel are great, we loved the Italian restaurant where we sat outside, pretty romantic.The morning and lunch buffet offered anything you can imagine, even lobster.there are 3 pools,one main pool with activities,one quiet pool and indoor pool where the spa and gym including spinning classes.The beach chairs are very comfortable and the service on the beach is incredible.You can walk miles down the beach where there is less people, or no people wink wink. the water is very clear and warm.The evening shows are pretty good especially the rock and boogie shows. There is a shuttle into Playa Del Carmen several times a day for $4 u.s , it is worth the visit. What makes this hotel different from the rest is that it is a 5 star in every way.Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffin were there the same time we were which is pretty cool.

10 Thank MontrealTravel2008
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 March 2010

We are both confirmed devotees of cruising, this resort is as close to a high end cruise that does not move, as you can get.

We traveled with Apple, very efficient and the flight went off with out a hitch.

The resort could not have met our expectations better. The visual experience walking the grounds, the attention to detail, the sincere impression that there was one goal, our satisfaction, was with us every minute and repeated in every contact we had with resort personnel.

Everything met the highest standards for a luxury resort, music everywhere for a relaxing moment whenever you choose, fine linens, turn down and butler service which meant you only need ask and you will have what you need or want. The staff seemed to sense what you wanted and asked if you would like or would enjoy something before we could even ask.

The service at the pool and beach by the wait staff was fantastic. Ask for that special blend in your drink, NO Problem!

Even staff very new to the resort know what it means to represent the Grand Paraiso. Just ask Mario, for a Mario Special. Yours may be different than ours, but he will make you feel like it is for you, and you alone.

The rooms can only differ based on view. The furnishing were excellent. Linens and amenities were very refined and comfortable. The spa was inviting, warm, staffed by very capable individuals and has its own pool, juice bar, steam rooms, saunas, jacuzzi es, and very talented staff providing cost competitive treatments.

You can enjoy the amenities at all the adjoining Iberostar resorts to the Grand. There are 4 others. We toured them, and had options to dine at them, but we really never felt the need or desire. The quietude of The Grand (being adults only) and the options for food and beverage never tempted us to stray. And we both enjoy wine and are collector/drinkers of wine. We both feel the wines included on the wine list are fun, worth exploring and if you don't enjoy one, ask for another. No Problem!!

4 Thank ToesInTheSand_10
Valentin Imperial Maya
Valentin Imperial Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
Paradisus by Melia Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus by Melia Playa del Car...
#24 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#33 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#5 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso? Share your experiences!