Well, ladies and gentlemans, I tried to post a review About Kipriotis Village Hotel but it seems to be a problem as I did that yesterday, with not such a good review.
I will start with the beginning:
I decided to take my fiancee to Kos for a nice 7 nights holiday booking a standard double room at the Kipriotis Maris Hotel. We arrived in Kos around 20:00 hrs and on the way to the hotel, we found out from our tour guide that there is no room booked on our names at the Maris Hotel which is supposed to be a 5***** hotel but really it is most like 4****. This was not a problem but when I heard there is no room booked on our name, I immediately called my travel agent and asked some question about this matter. The lady told me she has the hotel's confirmation for our room but... nothing. So, they dropped us overnight at the Kipriotis Village Hotel which is a 4**** hotel. The first impression when we entered the reception was "wow" spotless reception, plasma tv, very nice area! We thought the rooms will be the same but... we were shocked when we entered the room 802!!!! That room is not even 3*** !!! And I'll tell you why, motivating with some pictures at the end of this review:
-first of all that area is not so illuminated and it took us about 30 minutes to find our room when we got back from the 23:00-24:00 hrs snack!
- when they installed the door latch they cropped too much the door so you could watch from outside in and see the daylight from inside out!
- the wall panelling had traces of mould and so was the lower part of the wardrobe!
- the door between rooms was not locked so our neighbor could "help himself " with some drinks from our fridge, which, by the way, it is set at minimum so no wonder that you can't find any cold drinks inside of it !
- the beds... oh, the beds were "lovely " : three beds in the room, one of them separated of the other two and in the middle of the night I found my fiancee half between them. Those, in my opinion are beds for friends who want to sleep separated, not for couples!!!
- the tv was old and so small we could watch almost nothing. A small plasma or lcd is not so expensive considering we live in the 21st century!
EVEN IF WE DO NOT SPEND TOO MUCH TIME IN THOSE ROOMS, WE WOULD LIKE TO DO IT WITH PLEASURE AND FEEL GOOD!!!
- the bathroom taps really need an update as they are very old and scratched from the cleaning products, I suppose !
- The terrace, is a nice idea to have it when it is properly maintained, not with broken corners and cheap plastic table and chairs
So, ladies and gentleman, which of you wants to pay for a 5***** hotel and get this kind of room???
Despite the terrible room, I found the outdoors of Kipriotis Village Hotel extremely pleasant with many pools and bars, ideal place for families with kids, the bar waiters were nice and smiling at all times, large variety of local drinks and cocktails, the variety of food is quite large and good, waiters are also looking nice, helpful and smiling and all restaurants are spotless!
So, if they upgrade some of the rooms, I would rate that Village Hotel as a very good one!
I would also recommend the people who want to spend their holidays there to try to get some pictures of their future rooms and do not take the pictures from the website seriously as there are only pictures of the spotless reception, outdoors area, restaurants and only one or two picture of their best rooms!!!
Next day, we have been told to be at the reception with the luggages at 11:50 for check out as at 12:00 they were supposed to move us to Kipriotis Maris Hotel. It was a little bitt strange for me as we all know the rooms are free at about 12:00 hrs and there was not enough time to clean the room but hey, if the hotel said the room will be ready so be it. Of course, the moving to Maris did not happened at that time, the receptionist calling the minibus driver and delaying us about one hour, with luggages, in a hot reception!
So, this is how we started our holiday, and this is how the one night experience ended at the Kipriotis Village Hotel!!!
I told our tour guide I'm waiting to see how the Kipriotis Hotels manager will deal with this matter and she offered us a trip to Zia village at a greek night for free which costed 80 € per couple. The show there was very nice with quite a good band, a very lovely voice and good greek dancers. The food was not so impressive but I appreciated the gesture of the NOSTALGIA TOUR operator and NOT from the hotels manager!!!
I apologize for this long review, but I do believe that people should get what they pay for!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unforgettable All Inclusive holidays for the whole family! Located on the north-east coast of the beautiful island of Kos, birthplace of Hippocrates - Father of Medicine - directly on the beach, with magnificent views of the Aegean Sea and breathtaking surroundings, KIPRIOTIS VILLAGE RESORT offers a great hospitality experience that can tempt even the most demanding visitor. The resort extends over a surface of 135.000 m2 and has the flair of an ideal Aegean village, where architecture and natural beauty, functionality and spaciousness of both outdoor and indoor areas are perfectly combined. Surrounded by beautifully tended gardens, the hotel features an impressive holistic wellness spa centre "ANAVIOSI by Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa" as well as, multiple choice of restaurants, coffee shops and bars and an extensive range of excellent sport, leisure and entertainment facilities. Situated just 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport, with bus stop and cycling paths directly in front of the hotel, it is the ideal place to relax and a great starting point for magnificent island explorations. The hotel features 709 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, family apartments, junior suites, maisonettes, executive suites and presidential suites located amidst wonderful gardens with large balconies or terraces ideal for relaxation. All rooms have a superb view either to the sea, the gardens or the swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kipriotis Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Kipriotis Village Hotel Psalidi
- Comfort Inn Psalidi
- Kipriotis Village Psalidi
- Kipriotis Kos Village
- Kipriotis Village Kos
- Kipriotis Village Resort Kos/Psalidi