“Kipriotis Village Psalidi - a really good value choice.”

Kipriotis Village Resort
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We visited Kipriotis Village in July 2013 for a two week holiday- having picked this hotel following a visit to Kos last year - we are a family of 4, with kids aged 10 and 7 - and we visit Greece every year and so are well used to Greek "ways" and standards. The hotel certainly lived up to our expectations, and we had an excellent holiday. The hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms were fine, and the food was very good with lots of different options both in terms of menu, and different places to eat. We particularly liked the BBQ bar for lunch, and the Greek restaurant on an evening (a bit less "manic" than the main restaurant.) The complex is huge, and so it does lose a little in terms of atmosphere - you could be there 2weeks and never see the same person twice - but the plus side of that is that there are numerous pools and facilities - too many to list - but in particular 4 separate pool areas plus "kiddy" pools - so you can pick which pool suits. If you are fussy about where your sun beds are then you might need to be up early to get your favourite spot (we are fussy so we had to be out very early to bag our spot) - but if you are not so bothered there are plenty of beds. The location is superb - just 10 mins by regular and cheap bus into Kos Town, or you can hire a bike and use the very good (flat) cycle path into town. I really would encourage you to visit the town - it has everything - a picturesque harbour, history, bars, shops, restaurants etc - I appreciate many people will be happy to stay in the hotel, but we preferred to go into town most evenings if just for a stroll and a drink. In addition, the hotel is right on the beach - though a word of caution, the beach is all pebbles, with a steep drop into an often quite rough sea. We really liked the beach for its breeze and peace and quiet - but it is certainly NOT the place if you have kids who like a "bucket and spade" holiday (all the beaches around Kos town are like this - you would need a different part of the island if you want a sandy beach). All in all a really good hotel - good value - highly rec for families (probably less so for couples as it is predominantly a family hotel) - which we would find hard to fault.

3  Thank AilsaTeesside
Write a ReviewReviews (2,137)

Reviewed 4 August 2013

One of my daughters, her 6yr old son and I holidayed for a week here in Kos island end of July to 1st August. The hotel complex is huge and the 'village' of assorted apartments covers an enormous land area arranged around the various pools, amphitheatre, sports courts etc., and toddlers' area. It backs onto a beach, not the best but who wants it anyway with all the facilities you've paid for. Main road at front, bus stop to the right, small supermarket opposite, in-hotel shopping as well. Food is good, varied, self-service mostly and quantity excellent with some themed evenings - I just found it a lot of walking about from apartment to hotel, to restaurants, surveying the array of foods on offer and back again ...... and there were a LOT of people milling around at mealtimes in the hotel and in the BBQ area which serves lunch. Not many English, mostly Finn/Russian/Dutch when we were there and they can be quite without manners, not all, but.... Our room was basic but clean with AirCon, large door onto a good size patio. Staff helpful, polite and happy - entertainment most evenings, the last being a comedy night, tastefully composed sketches played by staff members were as professional and funny as any at theatre or on TV. We didn't experience the bug problems other reviewers seem to have had but then we are 'seasoned' in Mediterranean night visitors and kept doors and windows firmly closed from late afternoon and when the light was on in our room. The beds are old and lumpy and pillows - I'd have discarded years ago so we didn't have very good sleeps. I hired a Jimmy Jeep and so we travelled about the island and into the hillsides - lovely, especially liked Xia - and we took a boat trip to Bodrum which was good value and enjoyable (watch out with the Shish Kebab tho', perhaps we were silly trying something like that but we've eaten it in Greek resorts and been fine, the Turkish cafe looked good too but you never can tell - good we went the last day 'cuz we got a mildly jippy tummy). We found local Kos people mostly very pleasant and of course they love children especially, as in our case, they try to speak a little Greek - can't say the same for grumpy taxi-drivers though.

Room Tip: It's a bit luck of the draw, no choice available when we booked.
1  Thank BettyMunro
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my wide and 3 children from 10th to 21st July. The memorable positives are...... Perfect for families. Swimming pools amazing. Restaurants and food are varied and plentiful. Great site (10 mins from kos town). Loads of good trips to go on. Special mention to the kids club girls Hannah, Ashleigh and Sam who made it memorable for the kids and Stefan the Thomas Cook rep who was A1. All in all a memorable holiday, only negative is the multi national nature of the hotel means that you have to understand other cultures (Russians don't queue for anything it seems).

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I totally agree with the first line of Svjetlana K's review as I too experienced stress almost on a daily basis when I stayed here. This said, my complaint must initially lie with Thomas Cook who failed me as a customer when I booked this holiday at the initial stages. As a party of 4 adults and 3 children, all of differing ages, we made a conscience decision not to book 'diy' online but to rely upon the expertise of the staff in the Thomas Cook shop, and seek the best advice. With hindsight we were utterley deluded. The message I wish to make clear here is for Britishholiday makers in this hotel expect to be in the minority. We noticed at the front of the hotel, welcome flags from several european countries, with the absence of the British flag, so we were marginalised once again. I did discuss with the rep Stefan and there was a flag in place before we left. The hotel and grounds are very clean, however the cleanliness of our room did leave alot to be desired. I know the maids went on strike for 1 day during our stay but for 3 days we did not have the bed made, no re-stocking of toiletries, I spent my holiday carrying an emergency toilet roll in my bag as these were not replenished. Also having left towels in the bath (which is what your asked to do when you want clean ones) I found she had taken them from the bath, folded them back up again and replaced the same towels. The hotel reminds me of Centre Parks, only abroad with people getting around on bikes. Our room 560 was at the far end of the complex so be aware you will have a fair amount of walking to do to reach the main restaurents, bars and pools each day, and because you are a distance away, be prepared the people closer will bag the sun beds. We were unable to find any beds on 2 occasions and had to sit at the poolside bar. Often there was pools of water we had to wade through to get to our room and my husband slipped on one occasion and cut his knee. We did report it and Nikos came to check on my husband.To be fair Poppy the front desk manager did offer a change of room for us, closer to amenities but my granddaughter (who was sharing with us) did not want to leave as it would have moved us away from her parents apartment. There was a major drain problem one day with no water from 6am until 5pm which meant we could not wash when we got up, no toilet facilities whatsoever in the complex, the bars ran out of soft drinks, and we were buying water from the shop. When it was fixed we had to shower in cold water. My husband had an eye infection following this and we needed to attend to the hospital as advised by the pharmasist as it was so severe. Food in main restaurent wasnt good, no toaster in the morning, your waiting to be served coffee, some staff rude and unhelpful, we ate most nights in the greek (stavros is great) or italian restaurents. Be prepared for inconsiderate guests who will push in and have no manners or regard for anyone other than themselves. My grandson aged 3 ate spagehetti bol/pizza for 2 weeks,as they did not cater for the children. At the bars there is a 'queing system' although no signs to inform you of this, they tell you when you have been waiting 10/15 mins, being ignored by staff, that you have to stand in front of them to be served, not stand at the side of the bars!!! I have never met such a rude, ignorant barman as the man to 'manages' the bar upstairs next to the restaurents. Other guests were rude, dirty, let their children urinate wherever, especially on the grass outside the Kids Club. I witnessed on 2 occasions a lady place her little boy over a sink in the ladies toilet where he did his 'business'. I confronted her given there was 7 vacant cubicles behind us, but she was foreign and I was met with a torrent of abuse. My grandchildren who are very caring friendly children were looking forward to meeting friends and joining in but did not get the opportunity as the majority of children were German/Russian/French/Dutch, even the children's disco did not play any music they knew!! We are a family who like to get involved in activties, darts, boules etc but we never had any animation team come and ask us to join. I dont even wish to discuss the evening entertainment which again was a let down, not so much the content of the shows, it was the amphitheatre were they are held..back breaker, so dont expect to watch in comfort. I did complain and met with the rep Stefan several times that week, he is a nice lad and I dont envy his job. My gripe is that we always stay in 4 star accommodation and this hotel does not warrent this rating, although Thomas Cook are happy to charge a 4 star price. Stress free and relaxing...absolutley NOT

Room Tip: Ask to be nearer facilites
1  Thank boltbabe
Reviewed 1 August 2013

“If you want to spend your holiday in this hotel, first ask yourself if you are ready for additional stress not vacation.

One word – nightmare. I have decided to stay in this complex bcs it was described as paradise for children. But if you talk about mosquitoes and cockroaches, you are at the right place.
We have arrived here during the night – air conditioner did not work. OK, we thought we are going to check tomorrow and we have open the balcony so we can breathe and cool a little bit -it was a night. Tomorrow morning my boy have over 60 bites of mosquitoes. We went to reception but they where so unpleasant /changing to room wasn’t impossible for the three days. Finally, we get the new room; we get air conditioner and additionaly we get the cockroaches as well. But, hey, that is a normal thing on KOS island (according to the hotel staff). Do not try to swim, bcs this is the North side and you are at the wind surfing zone.

So, think well if you are going to spend your holiday here / my opinion is- four stars hotel - one star for the accommodation and every additional star is for one cockroach and day spent at the reception of the hotel (if you are going on 7 days vocation)”

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Svjetlana K
Kipriotis, Guest Relations Manager at Kipriotis Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience in our hotel. Indeed as the hotel is in open grounds, surrounded by gardens there might be the presence of mosquitoes and maybe bugs and insects. For this reason the hotel takes a number of measures as precautions. Our guests can source a mosquito repellent device and tablet from our reception desk to plug in the room in order to avoid mosquitoes. We are confident that if you had called reception the first night of your stay to report the problem we would have equipped you with the mosquito repellent device. As for the insects, we run monthly disinfection pest controls in order to eliminate as much as possible such incidents. Keeping our guests satisfied is our first priority. In case of a room change request our reception team tries as much as possible to satisfy promptly guest’s wish however this is not always possible especially in high season when availability of rooms is limited. Last but not least please allow us to clarify that the hotel is located at the North East side of the island. This part is not windy to be considered the wind surfing zone of the Island - wind surfing zone is at Marmari - however some days during the summer there is a north wind breeze called "meltemi" which makes it a bit windier. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

One of our the best vacations so far - having standard 2+1 room. Furniture was older but clean and everything we needed was avail.

Food, location, pools are simply great. I took a chance to take ATV and discovered more from KOS island and have to say that location of the beach is very favorable at this hotel at Psalidi. It is very close to the center and so car/atv/bike rentals, shops are just a couple of steps away.

Did I mentioned food? I enjoyed it a lot. I liked kid clubs very much:) and my daughter enjoyed mini discos as well.

Do you have children? Then no doubt you will love this place.

2  Thank Petr Z
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel in the middle of july for 14 days and had a nice vacation.

We had a suite, our friends a family duplex and a normal doble

The suite is nice and a normal standard for å 4 star place , the double rooms are small but more than good enoght. (remember to book a nice view or at least request one. The family duplex are perfect for families but a litle wore down

a general problem in the hotel is the waterpressure in the showers and so one in the afernoon

Rooms are all over the hotel area, but what seems big at first is not so big at all.

Food in tis AI resort is ok but could be a litle more varied, the drinks and service is top.

remember to sign up for the Italian and Greek restaurants for dinner , they are a litle more quiet than the buffet. This can be done before 09 00 in the breakfast restaurant, and will give you a table the next day.

Disapointed about the managments handeling of a problem in the child pool, where normal protocol is close the pool, empty it, and clean it, instead the just turned on the cleaning system a litle higher and did not even close it before we and others had complaint several times. This is not normal for a 4 star resort .

Beach is stones and not easy at all, recommend bading shoes for everyone.

shows are really bad and not worths seeing, by far the most amateur I have seen.

but childrens entertainment and disco is good, allso the activities day time for everyone.

The hotel must do something about the practice around the pool with every sunbed beeing reserved before 0800 by people that are nor there.This is BAD !!!

allso be aware of rude russians and other east eurpeans with new money an no politeness.

All in all a nice vacation with the 12 of us travelling but not by far the best I have been to

Room Tip: executive suites have balconies faicing a litle garden and the president suites private pool. Fam...
1  Thank exact

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We are sorry to hear that we didn't manage to meet your expectations in full. The hotel has a clear police and ask all its guests not to reserve sun beds with towels. However unfortunately this is not always respected. In addition the hotel has a multinational guest profile so there are indeed also some guests from Russia and Eastern European countries. We welcome your suggestions and will ask our guests to be more considerate of others.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
2 mi away
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas

Been to Kipriotis Village Resort? Share your experiences!