“Excellent Holiday!!”

Kipriotis Hippocrates
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was my first time to this resort with my hubby, two sons and their girlfriends. My mother and father-in-law flew out the week before us and we joined them for their 2nd week and then we had a week on our own. It was the in-laws 3rd time at the resort, they recommended it to us. The hotel was exceptionally clean. There was plenty of all inclusive drinks available. Cocktails made by Natalie and Husein at the pool bar during the day were amazing and Demetri looked after us of an evening, all the bar staff were very friendly and always smiling! The food was to a high standard with plenty of choice, the chefs and dining staff were friendly and helpful especially the head dining room manager. The rooms were cleaned daily, very spacious with tv and hairdryer. The pool was very clean with sunbeds available. We walked into Kos Town which took us about 40 minutes but the scenary was amazing well worth the walk. Watch out for the push bikes, they seem to be more of a nuisance on the paths than the cars on the road!! You can use the facilities in the sister hotels (e.g. swimming pools, gym, indoor pool, spa) but you can only use the bar in Maris and you are not allowed to use the dining facilities in the other hotels unless you book the Green/Italian restaurants of an evening which are lovely. The only issue we had was the entertainment of an evening - there wasn't any!! Unless you can call playing bingo or karaoke one night a week 9-10pm entertainment. The bar does have a stereo therefore background music is played. Maris seems to have the same entertainment but on different nights. There is a nightclub 'Zona' on the complex but we did not go to this, it is free entry but you have to pay for your drinks. There is no free wifi in the hotel either but there is in 'Zona' or 'Mix Match' which is an outdoor pub/restaurant infront of Zona. If you go into Kos town for meal/drink there are plenty of restaurants offering free wifi. If you do go into Kos town try the Museim outdoor restaurant food was fantastic and staff were really friendly. We had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay at the hotel. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so special.

Room Tip: From what we heard all rooms seem to be the same on each floor and they all have good views whether...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jopson
Kipriotis, Manager at Kipriotis Hippocrates, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience.

We are glad to read that you had a pleasant stay and that you appreciated our services, facilities and the dedication of our staff.
I have also taken note of the points that you have highlighted regarding the animation and free wifi.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of june with my boyfriend, having read the reviews before hand i was worried but it was brilliant this being my first holiday it was a pleasure! We arrived late on a sunday night where the man at reception gave us a ticket which we could go to the restaurant to get food with..

The reception staff were very polite and friendly, nothing was ever a problem, if we had anything wrong they would always help out.

Our room was lovely and very spacious. The beds were comfy, good sized bathroom and balcony. The maid always made sure it was tidy & we always had clean towels..

Always a different variety of foods such as meat which was something different everyday and different fish. Always had hot options and cold options. The salad was awesome, there was always a different desert everyday.. The staff in the restaurant were ever so polite and always made you laugh. One day we had a card through from the maitre and at dinner time he came out with a cake for my other half.. (Birthday)

The bar staff were mega, nothing was ever to much.. They always had you laughing, made jokes and had a wild sense of humour. I would like to thank Husain, Natalie, Alex and Demitra for always making us laugh. They worked ever so hard..

It is good that you have a pool for adults and for kids, more sun beds needed as people were reserving and not using till midday which was frustrating but we always found a sun beds around 8.30-9.00am..

Everyone moaning about the animation for kids, you need to go to the aqualand resort which would have better facilities for kids.. The two young lads were fantastic (cant remember their names) but had been moved somewhere else before we left..

I would definatly recommend this hotel as it was beautiful and the staff were always nice and friendly. The wifi was not free and very expensive if you brought it which is the only downfall which wont cost them much to make the wifi free as noone will buy it for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sierrahr

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience.

We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and it gives us a great sense of pride that you
enjoyed our facilities, services and that you aknowledged the dedication of our staff.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was my 3rd time visiting this resort and as a returning guest received a complimentary fruit bowl and a discount card to use for the Spa, Red Loft bar etc. I had emailed the hotel prior to departure and received two rooms on the first floor. The rooms are large and modern with a tv hairdryer and complimentary toiletries. This hotel is spotless, everywhere from the rooms to communal areas and even the pool area are kept very clean. The restaurant is large and never overcrowded and you have the option to eat in the restaurants of the other hotels in the resort. The food is not too bad and the drinks are fine. The bar staff, especially Natalie, and the restaurant staff work very hard and always have a smile. One of the evenings we used my discount card to visit the Red Loft bar. The views at sunset are to die for and the cocktails amazing if expensive. Unfortunately on day 4 of our holiday my friend had a bottle of perfume stolen from her room. The perfume had been bought at Glasgow airport on our departure, had cost £53, been used 3 times and each time it was used had been put back in the box in the exact same place. It was never taken out of the room due to the size of it. On the day the perfume had been taken we had left the hotel at 8:15am and returned at 7:45pm. I reported the theft to reception that evening and was told the manager would look into it in the morning. The next day I spoke with the manager and she took a printout of the key card stating that the room had been accessed 3 times in a 30 minute period by the maid whom she trusted 100%. Next followed one of the most bizarre conversations I have ever had. She asked if the balcony door had been left open? NO!!....She then asked if we were sure the perfume was in the box went purchased??? despite showing her the receipt and telling her the perfume had been used we found this statement completely unbelievable......when she couldn't come up with anything better she then stated that maybe we should have brought the perfume to her to take care of....We should be able to leave our perfume out without fear of being stolen!!!! That said we did not let it ruin our holiday. Would we go back? Probably but next time would put our perfume in our locked suitcases.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tigarlily67
Kipriotis, Front Office Manager at Kipriotis Hippocrates, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your holiday experience by making this review and Thank you for acknowledging our welcome gesture as a repeating guest.

It is also pleasant to read that you appreciated our service, facilities and the friendliness of our staff, after all this is the third time you have returned to our Hotel and that gives us a sense of satisfaction and motivates us to strive further.

As for the perfume incident, I never recalled asking or seeing a receipt for the item, I followed company protocol and investigated your allegations. At no point was I "trying to come up with something better" . On various occassions guests have misplaced items within their room and when they take a better look miracoulously they reappear. All staff are checked thoroughly upon their departure from their work place and nothing was ever reported.
As you kept insisting that the perfume was "stolen" why did you avoid going to the police station to lodge a formal statement of theft, as I suggested to you?

Nevertheless, I hope that you may be able to overlook this mishapp and give me the opportunity of welcoming you back to Kipriotis Hippocrates Hotel.

Sophie Lambropoulos
Front Office Manager
customer.service @kipriotis.gr

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Overall had a wonderful holiday already after only 4 days and still have another 6 left which doesn't seem long enough! The food is fantastic each meal time and always plenty of choice! The drinks on the al inclusive are very good including some popular cocktails - very nice!! The rooms are huge and has everything you need and are also very comfy! The pool is also very big and ways plenty of sunbirds which is great! Staff are lovely and there is always a friendly face around the hotel ...
Would most certainly recommend the kipriotis resort as all the hotels included are of a very high standard.
Only problem for myself was the location of the resort being about two miles walk from Kos Town (I like a bit of business)... On the whole perfect getaway for a relaxing, luxury holiday! 5*!!!!!!
Thanks kipriotis Maris for a great holiday, from the Goodchilds/Jones from Wales!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AryG93
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I along with 2 other couples arrived late of 7th June for 1 week (we had other friends that had arrived a few day before us) On arrival we were given a drink voucher (1 per person) and told that we had been moved to there sister hotel - The Maris that was just across the pool (Our friends that had arrived earlier had also been moved to this hotel) We were also told that we had to come back to reception the following morning to see if we were to be moved again! I have to be honest that I was not overjoyed about this as we were only here for 1 week and I didn't want to spend my holiday moving around the complex.
The following morning at reception we were told that 2 out of the 4 rooms were being moved to the Hippocrates and the other 2 would stay in the Maris, the problem with this was that both hotels had separate restaurants and you couldn't eat in the Maris if you had a Hippocrates band and vies-versa, when we explained to the reception that we have come in a party of 9 and that we didn't want to be split up at meal times the man became very rude and demanded that we get out of our rooms by 12 and bring our cases to reception, he implied that we would have to leave our cases here until a room became available for us! In the end the manager was called and we had to return again to the reception to meet with her at 11am, so at 11am we returned and met with the manager who was lovely and showed us to our nice new rooms and as 'compensation' (they made us sign a form to say that we would not claim anything further) they allowed the 4 of us that had to move to the Hippocrates to keep our Maris bands so we could eat with our friends. I don't really think this is compensation when the 9 of us had booked that same holiday at the same hotel but due to the hotel being over booked where split up!!!

Anyway after this hiccup the holiday was fab, we all had such a great time. The food was fantastic, the weather was a dream and the drinks were really good.
One point that I think the hotel need to keep an eye on is people that are saving sunbeds for the entire day with towels but not using them, we noticed this happening every day. one day by 2pm we moved someone towels as we had been at the pool since 9am and not seen the owners at all, lets just say when he returned at 5pm he was not at all happy. I do appreciate that this always happens everywhere you go but it's not fare on the other guests when the pool area is virtually empty but every bed is taken by a towel!

On the Thursday we hired a couple of buggy's & quads from the place just outside the front of the hotel and I must say the day was fantastic, we ventured around the whole of the island and I can honestly say it was one of the best day's of my life.

All staff (apart from the guy on reception) were extremely friendly and also smiling, they made us feel very welcome, the rooms were nice and the air conditioning was a god send.
The hotel was spotless at all times.

On our last day we unfortunately couldn't get late check out and the queues for the showers by the gym where huge so we ended up having a cold shower next to the pool, the guy on reception tried to charge us 20 euros for towels to have a shower!! I do think with better organisation this place could be really good.

Overall a really good holiday with good friends :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend are just coming back from 14 days at the hippocrates hotel, the hotel is clean the staff are polite and the showers are powerful!

The rooms - our room was 120 it was clean on arrival and kept clean throughout any issues were reported to reception (broken shower head and light bulb gone) these were fixed within a few hours with no issues although the maid seems unable to lock the patio door correctly. The shower is very hot and very powerful i could clean my patio with it and maybe karcher were involved in its design?

The food - the breakfast and lunch are great with a variety of salads meats pasta etc and dinner is good but after day 10 we did think there needs to be some rotation or atleast a change and we are sick of seeing spaghetti

The bar - the bar has a selection of drink on the all inclusive but not everything so we stuck to vodka, piña colada and beer but there is much more as well as the soft drinks being big brands. The bar staff day and night are brilliant husien is funny and always making people laugh and natalie speaking fluent english is a breathe of fresh air for a proper conversation or if you need to ask a question thats a bit tricky. The night staff are proficient and alex and dametra always get a good atmosphere and leave most people smiling and laughing as well as being the entertainment over hearing one comment to alex " apart from you were is the entertainment?" The drinks are of strong nature but if you ask for it a little less they will happily do it and check it is too your liking

The restaurant staff and reception are all very welcoming and after seeing certain comments about a certain receptionist remember greek people are greek and their body language does not mean the same as ours this is explained in the welcome package from our tour operator

Animation team are friendly not pushy and always smiling and funny mario had us in stitches at the miss election show, but day time activities are lacking compared to other resorts i have been to so be prepared to relax undisturbed or entertain yourselves.

The pool is nice and the loungers are aluminium with a mesh material so no nasty plastic but this seems standard in kos, the pool area is very crowded but we still managed to get sun beds at 8:30 when going down for breakfast so no 6am rush to reserve a bed as i have had at other resorts.

Laura our thomas cook rep was brilliant very approachable and even leaving little notes to remind us of trips we booked and wishing us a good time.

Not a lot of things around the hotel so rent a bike/car and go exploring or use the bus system which is fairly cheap we made the mistake of walking to kos town and wished we got the bus for €2 each.

We would recommend this hotel for a nice couples relaxing break and will probably come back in the future just to escape the real world.

• Stayed: June 2014
Kipriotis, Manager at Kipriotis Hippocrates, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with this review on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read that our service and facilities were appreciated and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We welcome reviews from our guests and share them with our staff which in turn provides them with the motivation to go that extra mile.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Kipriotis Hippocrates Hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks from 7th June -21st June. Cannot say one bad thing about our stay which means I have lots of great things to say.
Room - All you need
Food - Varied choice daily. BBQ at lunch was a extra bonus.
Drinks - Excellent Choice (now loving a cocktail)
Staff- The management should be proud to have such excellent staff.
To mention a few
Bar- Morning Nattiele and Husain
Evening Dimitra,Nan Na,Alex, Barbra
Chef Vicky was lovely as her food was.
Never got all names but thanks to restaurant staff
Reception staff great
Cleaners great and efficient
Bus outside to Kos town bout 6 mins
Walk takes 45 minutes
To sum up as my title PERFECTION
Thanks again to everyone

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank steventvbbc

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience.

I am very pleased to read that you appreciated and enjoyed the services, the facilities and the friendliness of our staff . It is always encouraging to receive this type of feedback as it is what we strive for on a daily basis.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kipriotis Hippocrates Hotel in the near future to create one more "Perfect" experience for you.

customer.service@kipriotis.gr

Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
Kipriotis Village Resort
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Blue Lagoon Village
Blue Lagoon Village
#1 of 13 in Kefalos

Been to Kipriotis Hippocrates? Share your experiences!