My girlfriend and I visited Kos for a week and chose the hotel based on the cheap price and generally positive reviews on here.
Our plane didn't land until 5AM and by the time we arrived at the hotel we'd been travelling for 12 hours and just wanted a shower and a bed. Unfortunately the brusque lady on reception told us that the room wasn't available and that we'd have to wait for it to be cleaned, leaving us to spend the morning sleeping on sunbeds by the pool. On top of this, we were sold a room in the Panorama Suites (the nice 5* complex at the bottom of the hill) but were instead given a room in the family suites (the not-so-nice sub 5* complex at the very top of the steep hill).
We complained at the main reception about being put in the family enclosure and were constantly reassured that although it was in a different part of the complex that they shared exactly the same facilities. They eventually agreed to move us down to the nice bit of the hotel when a room became available but didn't know when that would be.
We had all of our meals served in the 5* bit and found the food to be generally poor. We were half board so got breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was geared towards their German audience and was consistently cold and unappetising. Dinner was similarly cold and had nothing to recommend it - don't expect 5* food here.
On our second day we spent an afternoon by the pool and had a few drinks at the bar there. However when we tried to put the drinks on our room we were told we couldn't do it because we were in the family suites. We had no cash and they couldn't take card payments and instead of trying to help us to pay them, the staff instead acted like it wasn't their problem and that we were trying to get away without paying. We eventually convinced them to let us speak to reception about it and I was escorted there under heavy guard to organise putting the drinks on the new room which they were organising.
They moved us to what was a very nice room in the nice bit of the hotel but the whole situation had left us really unhappy. They'd tried to stick us in a room much worse than the one we thought we were paying for and then sworn that the two rooms shared identical facilities - something which the altercation at the bar had proved was untrue. I complained to a manager there and he said he would sort out some sort of compensation. This eventually turned out to be an offer of two days of full board. Given the quality of food and drink on offer we did not think this was a very good offer. It was extended to full board for the rest of our stay.
Seeing as we were on holiday and had just been given free drinks for the rest of the week, we thought we'd try out the hotel bar that evening. Service seemed to be deliberately slow for their all-inclusive customers presumably to stop them taking advantage and drinking themselves into a coma. The drinks, when they did arrive, were poor too. Flat 'sparkling' wine sticks in my memory.
Kos was lovely but this hotel is definitely one to avoid. We felt we were lied to on several occassions and the clearly overworked staff were not keen to help us out. If you're booking here, bear in mind that you'll probably end up in accommodation different to what you pay for and it will be much worse quality than what appears to be on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the crystal clear Aegean waters, 200m from the beach, KIPRIOTIS PANORAMA HOTEL & SUITES is conveniently located in the area of Psalidi, on the North - East coast of the island of Kos, only 3km from Kos town and 25km from Kos International Airport. Amphitheatrically built, its shiny glass facade strikes out from the natural scenic beauty that surrounds it, enabling the visitor to stare the undreamt view to the immense sky-blue Aegean sea. With state of the art conference facilities of 1.500 people total capacity, a fantastic sky bar on the 7th floor "Red Loft Sky Bar" and an impressive spa center "Hippocrates Holistic Wellness Spa", Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites provide the best proposition to both business and leisure travelers. Majestic and ample, modern and luxurious, warm and welcoming, this 5* deluxe property has been designed to offer unprecedented standards of hospitality. The hotel features 253 spaciously designed units of standard rooms, junior suites, executive suites and one presidential suite. All rooms have a superb view either on to the sea or the mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel Psalidi
- Kipriotis Panorama And Suites
- Iberostar Hotel Kipriotis Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Psalidi
- Iberostar Kipriotis Panorama
- Kipriotis Panorama Hotel & Suites Kos/Psalidi